Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    We have been having some warm weather here and it looks like rain and I still need to get my walk in this afternoon.

I had my chiropractor apt. this morning and did some grocery shopping. Yesterday I had a cortisone shot in my hand because I have not been able to bend my finger and very sore. It really hurts today
    but I am taking some Advil so hopefully tomorrow it will be a little better.

I am still pretty much caught up from our trip now with laundry and getting back to normal again from our trip. My hubby has caught a cold so I hope I don't get it because I am going to see my grandson
    in 2 weeks for a visit.

I have one picture to share from our trip. Tavern On the Green restaurant in Central Park.

Shirley

afnzxfhqebnw.jpg
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    The weather here the past couple of days has been alittle warmer too, but it's suppose to be cooler this weekend. Even though it's warmer, it's really breezy and no humidity, so it's not so bad.

Shirley-Sorry to here your hand hurts, I hope the cortisone helps. The restaurant is nice to have right there in the park. I just thought it was strictly a park.

I have been awful lately, over eating, I need to get a handle on it before my weight sky rockets. My appetite is definitely back, now that chemo is over. I did weigh yesterday and it was 184.2, but it feels like more.

I am making grilled chicken tonight, with cabbage and I have some butter beans, that I made a pot of on Sunday. I am wanting my fall foods like soups, beans, and chili lately. Since the weather is going to be cooler this weekend chili might be a good choice for then.
    I hope everyone is doing good, Janice
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    I took inventory or my ;weight lost/ since we form this group have lost 50 lbs.from this group .Thank you all from the bottom of my heart for keeping this going.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie that is wonderful and how are you feeling since you have lost all the weight? How is the wound healing? I hope you are healing and getting back to your old self again. <3

Janice. - Don't worry your weight will get better once the need to eat all the time wears off. I would think its from the Chemo that you are wanting to eat more. Give yourself some time. <3

My hand is doing much better today, I am still taking Advil but can move it more. I think I will do some cleaning today.

Shirley
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Today I went and got my mammogram, tomorrow is my check up with radiation doctor.I hope I get good news from both of them. They mail my mammogram results in a week.

Marie that is wonderful that you have lost so much weight since we began.

Shirley-Glad your hand is doing better, I hope your husband is better too.

Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Marie...congrats on your overall loss! That is progress!

Janice..Hope you will get great reports!

Shirley...glad you enjoyed NYC. I used to take students there every year as part of their extended study. Love Tavern On the Green!

I'm just hanging in..no change in weight. I guess my body is resting.

Connie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Today at the doctors, he didn't examine me, since I wasn't having any problems. He said there is a 90-92 % rate of cure with my specific type of cancer. I have a pep scan the day after Christmas and unless there's a problem I don't go back to him until April, but I will rotate with the chemo dr, and him, and I see her Nov2. So everything is good, thank God. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @janiceclark08...great news! God is good all the time!

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hooray Janice!! Great news glad all is well.

Raining here today and I baked some cookies with leftover cream cheese frosting. Maybe it will make my hubby feel better, he still has his cold.

Shirley
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Happy Friday,

Hope everyone is doing good.

Janice, Great news so glad things are going well for you. Yes God is good all the time.

Marie, What an amazing job you have done. Glad you have hung in there!!!!

Connie, Glad you are doing well. As they slow and steady!!!

I am just staying the same, so depressing for me but I just keep on keeping on.

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Cold today 43F and the furnace is on. I made some Beef barley vegetable soup that should keep us
    warm for the rest of the week. My hubby is doing better with his cold and his cough has subsided a bit today. We have had rain for the last 2 days and finally the sun is peeking out today.

We were going to clean up the gardens for winter but too cold and wet today so tomorrow promises a better day for that.

I hope everyone is doing well and have a good weekend.

Shirley
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi guys. I'm doing great. Have been trying to slow down a little but that hasn't happened yet. Been making goodies for hubby and friends in the ferry and Iris's friends. But tonight I'm going to hit the town. There is a fundraiser for a program that Shaundra is involved in and it will be down at a local bar. $2 Jell-O shots are at least a little affordable and so I roped a friend into being my designated driver. Not that I plan on having much but my rule is after the third drink the truck is drunk. I can honestly say I have never driven drunk in my life. And don't plan on starting now. I finally voluntarily wore shoes and socks for the first time in over 7 years the other day. It was really rainy and windy. Wind gusts of 50+ mph and over 4 inches of rain in a day. I wore my shoes and socks instead of my sandals that I have been wearing forever. Felt great but weird since I haven't worn shoes in so long. By my feet stayed warm and dry.

Esther
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am down to 169.2 made it to the 160's if I can hold it.Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Make it 169.22 losthope i cam hold on to it. Marie
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    CALIECAT wrote: »
    Make it 169.22 losthope i cam hold on to it. Marie

Congrats, Marie!
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Stay the same. 2 mornings in a roll.169.2
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My home nurse said,my wound
    Was heal at last but still tender my blood sugar is still running high at timrsi have untill sunfay to take my antobolic.hopefully by then I will frrl better.
    I am still holding down my new weight.169'.2 have not burge an oz in 3days wonder how long I will be in the 160'sanyway I am so please to be in the 160's but istill fill as big as ever.

Janice glad you are doing so well.

<3 Marie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Things are not all good, I got a call from my dr that has receved their copy of my mammogram and I have to have more images and an ultrasound. I am totally disgusted, hopefully it is fibercyst like before, not sure if thats what it was, but my sisters have them., I had to do this about 6 years ago and the ultrasound was okay. Not sure when I go, they have to put in the order at drs. office.
    Marie glad to hear your foot is finally healed.

Esther-It's wonderful all you can do now because of your new knee, happy for you it's really working and good and no pain.

Shirley-I hope by now your husband is well. I love soups and stews when it's cold, it just warms you up.

Connie-I hope all is good with you, and your family.
    Nancy, Stephanie, Ruthie and whoever I left out, I hope you are doing good. Janice

• lovesretirement
    Options
    @janiceclark08...I had those cysts, too, Janice and remember having them aspirated. My daughter has had one as well. It's so annoying...we women have it rough!

Marie...happy to hear your are on the mend!

Hope all of you are well. I am hanging in.

Connie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

It's 42F but sunny today. We got all the gardens cleaned up around the house 8 recycle bags later.
    We are ready for winter.

I have the front entrance decorated and ready for Fall. I won't be home for Halloween this year because I will be seeing Isaac this year and can't wait to see him in his costume. I hope to get a picture too.

Dave will be closing up the cottage with our friend Tom while I am visiting Isaac. They have a project to do and will remove the rotted wood in the garden in the front where all the shrubs are. His nephew is also coming up with his son so he will have plenty of help. They are going to replace it with pressure treated wood and should hold up better.

Dave had brought my bike inside so I can work out this morning and many mornings during the winter.
    Choir tonight and I have to practice today. Better run.

Shirley