Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Good morning folks.. I slept in this morning. Felt good.
    I have a nurse coming bye around noon.Prpbable to tell me no more home nurse. I sure will miss Marslinda She has become a dear friend to me.
    Nancy sorry to hear about your problems. hope it all turn out fine. Bbe praying for you.see you all again later
    <3 marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Good morning folks

feeling pretty good this morning. have not had breakfast. Waiting on my nurse. But got my shower and dressed. I am down to one visit a week, Don't know yet what day Yet.

<3 marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Hope y'all are doing well. I am really enjoying this weather.

Marie, Glad you are getting better. You are doing an amazing job with your weight!!!!

Janice, Hope everything goes well with your cyst??? You have been through enough!!!

I have been busy lately and that is a good thing.

Nancy

• CALIECAT
    Options
    If I don't makes sen at time its because my blood sugar is still running hi. Sseems like ir pur me in NEW WORLD. MY NURSE TOOK ME OFF OF ALL CARBS i GO TO MY DOCTOR TOMORROW.mAYBE SHE CAN GET ME STREIGHTEN OUT.

MARIE
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Good luck tomorrow with the doctor, Marie.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Hi all,

Sorry i needed to take a break. Just needed to regroup a bit.

Janice, i am so glad all went well with your treatment. i skimmed quickly but saw you need to have a breast ultrasound. i need to do this as well, it is a precaution for women that have very dense breast tissue. i am also cystic. lets just hope it is no big deal:)

marie, seems lille you are on the mend, awesome about the 160s

connie, love your commitment!! you are amazing!

Shirley, i am sure you are traveling around a ton and visiting with family.

Nancy, hope you are well! also, hope your husband is doing well!

Esther, Awesome about your new knee! sounds like all went well!

So about me...just busy working and with the kids! i have tried to be good eating wise but not perfect. i also have significantly cut down on exercising for me which is less but probably more than most people:) i have been on a downward trend, but very slow which is ok with me. Just trying to get back to where i was last year this time, about 2 lbs away. Holidays coming up. Think we are taking kids to california and going to drive down the coast over break.

hope everyone is well!

Stephanie
  • CALIECAT
    edited October 2016
    Options
    So good to hear from you stephanie i am on my way to recovery, at long last.4 months of been cooped up so much. The nurse said my heal was heal I have lost weight but this is not way to do it.

marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My friend Buzz on the golden Sneakers lost her wednesday night.her I think she was 96
    marie
  • Shirley61
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I had my apt. yesterday at the Diet Clinic, and was there for an hour and a half. Lots of information but dare say didn't learn anything I already knew. I have two more apts., one for a breathing test to see where my metabolic rate is. That should be interesting. They have rotating doctors there so I meet with one every time I have an apt. There are group discussions and so forth. I will try this because my doctor wants me to. They also told me about the MFP website, I had to laugh to myself since I have been on it since 2010. I am back to logging food since I took a break from it and still reading Intuitive Eating. They want copies of your daily food diary.
    They also have dieticians and counselors there.

Today I am making potatoes, green beans and sausage in the crockpot, plus homemade beef barley soup. l better get to it.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, losers!

Marie...hope you are mending well! Sorry to hear about your friend.

Stephanie...good to see you again!

Shirley...good luck with the clinic...you probably know more about weight loss/exercise than they do! ;)

Still plodding along here. The gender reveal party was last weekend (it's a boy! <3 ) and my daughter's b-day party coming up next weekend. :s I am determined to persevere and get through celebrations and the holidays without any gained weight!

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    Lets just do it connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Hi misfits,

Good to see you Steph!!!

Shirley, Good luck with your new venture. Hope it works for you. I looked at a clinic near me but they use a lot of medications
    and I am not comfortable with that.

Connie, I know you are excited about your grandson!!! I bet you will go through the holidays without any problems.

Marie, You are doing great!!!!

I have been in the kitchen today making vegetable soup and chili for the freezer, one day it's going to be cool and will rain!!!

Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am up early this morning feel fairly well
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I am watching a football game already. In this case i am rooting for the Bengal, so far they are ahead guess what i got regulat shes on.. My ankles as brginning to hurt
    In, those mud slinger see you all lattrr Marie
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Connie- Yes you were right about not learning anything new about weightloss at the clinic plus they have MFP as a website to use, that made me laugh as I have been on here for 6 years now. I am doing this because my doctor suggested it.

Nancy- When I told the doctor at the clinic I couldn't take any meds for cholesterol due to leg cramps he suggested shots once a month. I immediately said no. I know what you mean about meds. I will see how this goes. I have two more apts. coming up.

I am at my daughter's now visiting with Isaac. Tomorrow is Halloween and he is going to be a race car driver. I can't wait to see his costume.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    thought this was a good read on how dieting affects our bodies

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    slw19 wrote: »
    thought this was a good read on how dieting affects our bodies

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/05/02/health/biggest-loser-weight-loss.html

It is a good read, but I was dismayed that it offered no real solutions. :/
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Good morning,

Steph, I certainly agree with this article. I definitely ruined my metabolism by going on Adkins on several occasions in the
    past. Putting my body in ketosis was not a good thing. The diet would cause great weight loss but the negatives are really
    high. I am paying for it many years later. I have to eat around 1200 cals or less just to maintain my overweight body. It just
    stinks!!!!

Hope everyone had a good weekend.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I read the link about dieting and its so true, diets do not work!

I have been a Biggerst Loser watcher for years but decided to give up on the show after reading
    what people go through after the show.

I am reading INTUITIVE EATING no diets, no restrictions. Its a good read for anyone.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    @shirley61...thanks for the suggestion. I agree that diets do not work, and it's only through lifestyle changes that good health and fitness can be achieved. We have to find what is sustainable for us and what works for our bodies. Not sure about no restrictions...that was what made me fat! I have learned to indulge in occasional treats that do not lead to an all out binge over the course of several days. That, in and of itself, is a win for me.