Replies

• janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Happy Birthday Connie!
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    Janice how are you doing? [i am feeling great..Nancy hope all is well with you. I really like my new doctor. and so close to home.
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Marie-I am doing okay, the side effect of all my treatments is my hair is falling out, I got it cut shorter again, hoping to not to deal with so much loss. I know I am blessed by my remission, just was told my hair wouldn't fall out, but it is. More just getting real thin, but tons of shedding. Glad you are happy with your new doctor and it's close, that is great. Janice
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Good Morning...
    Thanks for the b-day wishes! I am healthy, I feel good, and I am stronger than this time last year! :) I have been blessed beyond measure. Will not complain about the evil scale as I am still under 200.

Marie...glad you are back on track and have your doc nearby.
    Janice...thinning hair is no fun...I keep mine short, too. I also add unflavored gelatin to my tea every morning for hair, skin, nails, and joints. It works!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I love my short hair so much easier to keep.

Breakfast was oatmeal and unsweetened applesauce coffee lunch will be potatoes, 1/2 cup of beans..., veggies salad with fat free dressing.
    1/2 c canned peaches in fruit juice,

So glad to be back on the plant diet.

Shirley how is your new plan working just stick with it if you like it. us misfit do ave to work it. and not worry what the scales say. Keep on you plan.

Janice sorry to hear you are losing some of your hair.. Mine is also getting
    thinner

Nancy You been sort of quite here lately

Steph Hello , w?hat are you up to?

Esther. my what a busy g girl you are..

Ruthie how are the kidos?

Such a nice friedly bunch we have here so proud to know each of you.

• SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Happy birthday Connie.

Janice....glad you are doing well and in remission

Marie......good to hear you are doing better.

Me.....I just walked the dogs over 2 miles this morning. I was given 2 huge pumpkins so I need to start baking those down so I have pie makings. I also have one costume to do beadwork on and one to finish ripping apart because we need to make a larger costume in a week. Luckily I have help with the costumes.
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

Connie, Happy Birthday. Hope you had a great one.

Marie, So glad you like your new doctor and I know you are happy being back on you tatters.
    Hope Dak and the Cowboys have another good game tomorrow. I don't think our cable will carry it and I'm not happy about that.

Guess I have been in a funky mood lately!!! Just so unhappy with my weight and not being able to move the scales.

Have a great weekend.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNIE! May you have a wonderful day.

The scales did go down but not much. >:) I am supposed to get my meal plan next week from the diet clinic and will probably be on a 1200-1300 calorie plan. So we shall see if the scales start going down after that. I have been trying to eat as I feel and not log my food but I will have to put all that on the back burner if I stay with this program. I know my pants could feel a little looser than they are.
    I am feeling better with my sore muscles from my knee and calf. I am walking like normal and have been taking epsom baths to help and patches. So far so good.

I am going to make some soup before I start dinner so better get moving.

Shirley
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY CONNIE! HOPE YOU ARE HAVING A GREAT DAY AND THAT YOU HAVE A PIECE OF CAKE AND ENJOY IT! <3<3<3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nancy how about that La boy. la can be proud of him as we are <3<3<3

marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Marie, He is one amazing young man!!! So proud he is doing great!! We got to watch the game.
    Nancy
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    nancy glad you got to see the game. Yes he is an amazing young man.
    marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Nop Lans for today. Except grocer shopping
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Happy Belated Birthday, Connie! I hope it was a fun day for you.
    My son celebrated the big 13 last week:-)

I've been reading up on anxiety related grazing. I do/have this and am wondering if anyone can point me in the direction of more reading material on the topic. One interesting bit of info I found suggests taking an anti anxiety/depression medication can help with that type if binge eating. Hmmm anyone have experience with this?

Well, Georgia is burning, literally. We have had a smoke/haze filled sky for almost a week now. Our air quality in Atlanta is code red everyone stay inside. That's what we've been doing anyway. We have had zero rain in at least a month probably longer and someone intentionally set wildfires in the mountains that are making their way to us. It's so frustrating to stay inside when it's 70degrees out.

Have a great day!!
    Ruthie

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Ruthie - Stay safe, if your anxiety is mild you can take magnesium which helps in anxiety. If it is more than that you probably should see a doctor.

Shirley
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Thanks Shirley. Doc gave me something back in may but I haven't taken it. Ill look into magnesium tomorrow. Thank you again.
    Ruthie
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Ruthie-Stay safe, the fires sounds scary. I'm sure they don't help with your anxiety. I use to be on anxiety medicine, Zanax, but it wasn't a good drug for me, it sometimes made me moody.
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Ruthie sorry the fires are so close please keep us udated

marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Ruthie...I have a script for Ativan for anxiety. It is a very small dose, and I take it as needed...usually at night to help me sleep. No experience with anti-depressants...I refused them several years ago because of weight gain being a side effect for some.

It's hazy here, too, from the smoke. There's an air advisory for those who have respiratory issues.

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    on my way to the doctor will check in later if I am not too tired.