Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone,

It's been a very eventful week around our house!!!
    We had a 3/4 in hot water pipe in our slab that burst. Took a plumber and his assistant 7.5 hours to locate and reroute the pipe. We have 4 big holes in the Sheetrock that will have to be repaired and a bill of $1321 but grateful to have it fixed.

That's my story for the week.

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Wow, Nancy sorry for your burst pipes. That is a hefty bill but you are safe and sound.
    Sometimes life gets boring but we don't need those problems.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options
    winter is slowly getting here.Pecans fell like mad yesterday during a heavy wind blowing all day
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie, winter will be here in my area starting this winter on Saturday night until Tuesday. Of course Tuesday when I have to drive to choir practice. Oh well. ;)

Update on my knee, I went to the chiropractor and have pulled my hamstring on both sides of my knee.
    There is also a tendon involved on the left side. I had a treatment and she recommended ice, stretches,
    analgesic of some kind and epsom salt baths. No yoga today, so I will walk instead and she said try biking and see how it feels.

Enjoy the day!

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hi folks. how is everyone doing? Eating day is coming up how do plan to handle it. I will take my own food with me For my girls don't cook much veggies We went to albertson yesterday and I bought a big container of slice veggies . Really nice. I roasted some and ate lots of it raw.Very tasty I am trying my best to get back on the plants diet but its been hard to do
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Marie...we are having ham, lots of veggies, and regular baked sweet potatoes. I am not baking but will buy one sweet potato pie and will have a piece. My daughter has to work and son/DIL will go to her mom's house to eat. We will drop in over there later.

You will get back in the swing of things soon! I am still holding my same weight, thank goodness!

Hello to everyone!
    Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Hello buddies. how is things going. Great. Our team won. nice huh Nancy

Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Let me see
    The Snow

I wokeup yesterday with the sniffles and guess what i still have them this morning.

Have a great day. marieo
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I watched the nascar race yesterday and my guy won, Jim my Johnson, it was great, he has won 7 championships. It was a cold weekend here, but on friday, it was 82. Our weather is always so crazy in Ky. I made some beef vegetable soup on Saturday, It turned out really good. Sunday while the race was on, I cooked a small picnic ham. I use the fat on it, for seasoning in my beans and other things. I also cooked a hashbrown casserole with frozen french fries, I chopped up.It turned out good. I have now loud in 1001 days on mfp, it's surprising, it's been that many days.

Shirley-I hope your knee and legs feel better soon. Take care.

Marie-I also hope you and your sniffles get better, before Thanksgiving. Have you cooked anything lately in your instant pot?

Connie-Glad to hear your weight is down still. I am sure you will drop again soon.

As for me and my weight, I am up still, after all my treatments, I indulged more. This year my weight has been all over the place up, down, up, now I just need to get it back down, and more, my head just hasn't been in it. But I'm already cutting back.
    Hi to all the others, I hope you are doing good. Janice
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Marie, Love the Cowboys and Dak!!!
    Dak is an awesome young man. I think they might win it all this year.

Spending the week with my sister.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!!

Nancy
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I am still pampering my knee and I have a chiropractor apt. this afternoon. It is getting better but I still have some pain in the back of knee. I think a tendon is also involved.

I will be leaving tomorrow for Thanksgiving celebration with friends and their family and Black Friday shopping. See you when i get back on Monday.

Shirley
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Eve, friends!

Shirley...knee issues are no fun...hope you get relief soon.
    Nancy...enjoy your sister and time away.
    Janice.. our weather is crazy, too. All of us will go back to basics soon...let's be conscious of what we eat but still enjoy our holidays! My plan is to eat what I want on the actual day making sure I stay on track on the other days in between.
    Marie...glad you are feeling better and back in the swing of things!
    Esther, Steph, Ruthie...hello!

I hope all of you have a safe and happy holiday with family and friends!

Connie
  • eyegirl777va
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all of my MFP friends.
    Be safe and enjoy your family and friends!!!
    Nancy ❤️
  • slw19
    slw19 Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Happy thanksgiving everyone!! <3<3<3
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Well I have my bad days and good days. Having a string of bad ones now. my feet are so swollen I can not get my shoe on.I will be keeping my feet elevated for a few days.and upped my water pill to 2 a day till they get back to normal.

• janiceclark08
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving Everyone,

Marie-I hope your swelling goes down in your feet and you have a good day with your family. Janice
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Happy Thanksgiving to all!!!!!! It was a great day here. Very windy and rainy this morning. But by noon the wind had switched and the sun came out. After I finished baking 4 pies I decided to go for a hike and burn a few calories before I stuffed myself. Here is a pic of the lake. It is less than a mile from my house so it is a very convenient UPHILL all the way hike. Great therapy for the knee. cjf84x4flvgw.jpg
    9wy674cccs0o.jpg
  • janiceclark08
    Options
    Esther-What a beautiful picture of the lake and mountains.If I lived that close I go there alot, too.Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Any snow yet Esther?
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi Marie. The only snow is on the mountain tops. Just as long as it stays that way I will be happy. We usually get very wet sloppy snow here. And it usually only lasts a few hours. I will keep hiking until the termination dust gets to low for me. Termination dust is an old gold miners term for snow.

Esther