Easter Misfit Losers' chatting station

Options

Replies

• CALIECAT
    CALIECAT Posts: 12,530 Member
    Options

i am feeling great today. had a nice hot shower able to get shoes on along wrh myl clothes.
    Had brown rice wih peaches for breakfast. Lunch was rooasted brusell spout with rice and peaches
    Dinner will b e more of the same thing. I will be eating mostly t
    Rice dishes thie week.
    Marie
  • lovesretirement
    lovesretirement Posts: 2,661 Member
    Options
    Morning, misfits! I hope all of you had a great Thanksgiving day and weekend! Next up...Christmas! This year has certainly gone by quickly!

Marie...glad you are back in the game!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes it has Connie, but I must admit we have had a great year. I wish i had lost more but satisfy with what we all have accomplished. I guess we will soon be into our 3rd year together. I have been up and down a bit But still come out ahead of the game.
    Love to all the misfits. Here's to another great year for all of us
  • SeeAhtter787
    SeeAhtter787 Posts: 1,217 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone. Yesterday was my last session for physical therapy. They have me start out on a bike. Yesterday I had the seat 2 notches lower than it has ever been!!!!! Today was a beautiful sunny but chilly day so I stole my daughter's bike and went for a mile and a half ride on her bike. It was SO EXHILARATING to have the wind blow through my hair again finally. It has been about 25 years since I have been able to ride a bike!!!!!! Can't wait to go again next nice day we have. Just have to remember to wear gloves and socks. But it felt so good and empowering to be able to do something I haven't been able to do in forever.

Esther
  • janiceclark08
    janiceclark08 Posts: 1,341 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    Esther-So glad you are enjoying things you did years ago, since your surgery.

Lately I have gotten better control of my eating and I have been weighing my food more and trying to keep my calories down. Not perfect, but better. I am not done losing weight, I still have alot left to lose.
    How is everyone else doing on their plans? We haven't talked much about it lately. Maybe a new challenge, would be good. If not that's okay, just thought I would see where everyone's at.
    My 20 yr anniversary is February 14, 2 1/2 months away, it would be great to atleast get back to where I was at my lowest on here, about 9 pounds. My husband wants to go to Florida for our anniversary, not sure if it will work out. That's where we went when we got married.
    I hope everyone is okay. Janice
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    My report on my doctor visit Change my insulin Much easier to take.
    On a low sodium diet. 2500 aday. no more lab work , He does it all. Go back next week.But will have to keep my food chart to take to him. next week
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marie - It sounds like you are getting much better treatment with your health and I am happy to hear this.
    You did really well on your weight loss this year so I know you will continue with the help of your doctor.
    I don't go back to the clinic until Dec 12th for the breathing test to see where my metabolic rate is. I too am doing diaries for them to see.

Janice- I hope you can get a hold on your weight loss for your anniversary. That would be a wonderful gift for you.

I am still dealing with my knee and trying to stay off of it as much as I can. I have a choir performance on Sunday and rehearsal on Saturday and I just want to get that out of way with as least pain as I can.
    I am going to the chiropractor now for treatments and tried to get an early apt. for the doctor but no luck until Dec. 15th which is my apt. anyway. I am going to try and get an xray for my chiropractor and then my doctor can check it too.

I just finished my Christmas cards since I am resting with heat on my knee now. So one thing done anyway.

Have a good evening,

Shirley
    Patience is a virtue
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Shirley....... I do hope your knee is getting better. I hope he helps me. He treat diabetic much different than Any other doctor has done.My new doctor seems to think if I lay off of salt it will help my swelling Marie
  • lovesretirement
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Janice...glad you are back on track! February 14 is doable and Florida sounds delightful!

Marie...sounds like your doc is on it. If you go back to logging food, it will help track that sodium.

Shirley.. have you had an MRI on that knee? Hope you can get relief soon. I also used heat, ice, and a knee wrap support thingy. Plus, I stopped lunges, squats, and any exercise that put extra pressure on it. I think that cutting the starchy carbs helped the most because they were contributing to the inflammation for me. I am pain free now, and so relieved that I did not have any surgery last year!

I am stuck right here at 194 which I guess is a good thing. On the bright side, I am 25 pounds lighter than I was this time last year. It has taken me two years to lose 46 pounds. I have about 30 more so maybe by next Christmas I will almost be at goal. I am not going to change my plan since low carb works for me. I don't want the bloat and inflammation that starchy carbs and sugar give me.

Connie

• CALIECAT
    Options
    iT SURE HAS. CONNIE. But Low carbs do not work for me/ Now I am going on low salt diet per my new doctor.
    The dosage of insulin he told me to used is working fine no low blood sugar in 3 daysI only test once in the morning. This morning it was 95 Save lots of picking my fingers.
    Cooking black beans and sweet potato, baked with for lunch and dinner a salad
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marie - Yes....salt can retain fluid, I have to watch it because I have high blood pressure.

Connie- No I have not had an MRI yet, I just had an xray yesterday for my chiropractor to see and my doctor when I see him on Dec. 15th.

My knee is finally getting better since Nov. 8th and I will continue with the chiropractor until I see my doctor and we will go from there. I had my choir rehearsal today and made it through without too much discomfort. I have the choir performance tomorrow so one more day to go. I am resting today with ice and heat and possibly an epsom bath later today.

Christmas preparation is hold right now at least until next week. I hope everyone is doing well.

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Happy Monday. the only plans we have today is to Wally world to do our grocer shopping.

Have a great day.
    Marie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    Our plan today. Eye doctor appt.. cold weather coming .
    marie
  • eyegirl777va
    eyegirl777va Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Good morning everyone,

Marie, I guess it's time for cold weather. We are supposed to be really cold this weekend.

Not much going on with me. Today is Ben's long treatment day. Will be here for 6-7 hours. Need to run some errands but don't want to get out by myself in this area of town.

Nancy
  • lovesretirement
    Options
    Morning, misfits! Yep, cold air is definitely on its way! No complaints from me as the dog has a sweater and I have cold weather gear that rarely gets worn. I am hanging tough and staying busy planning the baby shower that I am hosting next month. I hope all of you are doing well. Stay warm!

Connie
  • CALIECAT
    Options
    I'm q"pHappy Thursday, no plans today. Need to make a couple phone calls?

We went to the animal shelter yesterday but they are closed on Wednesday. I have mixed feeling about a nre dog.. It would have to be anolder dog.

Iam having a terrible time on this low sofium diet beans are terrible.

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,986 Member
    Options
    :)Marie, have you tried the spices made by "Mrs. DASH" to season your beans?
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I just got back from seeing Isaac and got to see him get his first haircut yesterday, which went good until the hairdresser brought out the electric clippers and his little head went every which way and he bumped his head and started crying. The crying was over fast and he looked so cute with his new cut.

We got home after lunch and I finished decorating the upstairs for Christmas so that is all done. One thing at time. I was chasing Isaac around so now my knee is a bit achy so I am icing it. I had my xray
    read by the chiropractor, nothing serious, some arthritis which I thought, and muscles and tendon.
    I still have to see my doctor and see what he says but until then I continue with the chiropractor.

I made some squash soup before we left to see Isaac, so that will part of our dinner and anxious to see how it tastes.

Have a good evening. 

Shirley
  • CALIECAT
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Not latey Barbie but i did not care for it. I can eat my oatemeal just followed my ostmeal just fine .. Just my beans
  • JLoRuthie
    JLoRuthie Posts: 375 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! Sorry I've been MIA. My husband had a terrible accident the week before Thanksgiving. he was out of town with our boys and I was back home. I made the very scary 2 hour drive to pick up our boys and then to the hospital was another 45min. He spent 10 days in the hospital.

With his multitude of injuries, my husband is lucky to be alive and be walking!! It will be a long, tedious recovery but he should eventually recover.

I've missed you all!
    Ruthie