Karie - OMAD 7/18/15

Replies

• blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Have you tried ACV? It helps some people with that issue. I think coffee might be harsh on empty stomach?
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    kabrigail wrote: »
    Oh and I switched my progress to dates instead of week 1, week 2, week 3. It was getting too hard to track that way, so dates should be easier I hope.

I like your weekly date and pounds lost idea. It is inspiring. Would you mind if I copied this?
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    DebSozo wrote: »
    Oh and I switched my progress to dates instead of week 1, week 2, week 3. It was getting too hard to track that way, so dates should be easier I hope.

I like your weekly date and pounds lost idea. It is inspiring. Would you mind if I copied this?

I don't mind at all. When I was doing OMAD last year I had wished I would have kept track so I'm glad I'm keeping track this year. I like being able to keep an eye on my progress and I like being able to see if I don't lose during a certain time of the month for a certain female reason. I like being able to see those trends.
  • kabrigail
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Have you tried ACV? It helps some people with that issue. I think coffee might be harsh on empty stomach?

I have just started using ACV in the evenings. I will see if that helps. Thank you! :)
  • DebSozo

I don't mind at all. When I was doing OMAD last year I had wished I would have kept track so I'm glad I'm keeping track this year. I like being able to keep an eye on my progress and I like being able to see if I don't lose during a certain time of the month for a certain female reason. I like being able to see those trends.

Thanks!
  • kabrigail
    Something interesting I was just reading...I was looking up the benefits of taking Magnesium, because well, I'm a little constipated (TMI, sorry). But, it says that magnesium does help with that, but it also says that magnesium is a common type of medicine used to treat acid reflux.

Maybe I'm getting heartburn and the constipation because my magnesium levels are too low. I'm going to take some and see if it helps. Thought I would share the info. ;)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    It helped with my constipation :)
  • kabrigail
    7/18/15: Starting weight 250 lbs
    9/1/16: Starting weight 230 lbs

9/8: -5 lbs
    9/15: -1 lb
    9/22: 0 lb
    9/29: -1 lb
    10/6: -1 lb
    10/13: 0 lb
    10/20: -1 lb
    10/27: -3 lbs
    11/3: +1 lb :(
    11/10: -1 lb
    11/17: -1lb :)
    11/24: 0 lb
    12/1: -2 lbs :smiley:
    12/8: 0 lb
    12/15: -1 lb
    12/22: I didn't weigh (too much going on)
    12/29: +1 lb
    1/5: -1.5 lb
    1/12: -1 lb
    1/19: -1.5 lb :smiley:
    1/26: +0.5

I'm not surprised because I'm having trouble going to the bathroom so I'm up a half a pound. I'm not gonna sweat it. I know it's because of my bodily functions. Everything is still on track because I've been staying on track. I'll check again after my body cooperates with me and I bet the scale will show something better and hopefully next week will really show a better loss. Looking forward to that! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Good attitude! Good luck!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    edited January 2017
    @kabrigail Let us know what works for you with the heartburn. I stay on prilosec and that works, but truth be known I'd like to be able to stop taking that drug.
  • DebSozo
    Something interesting I was just reading...I was looking up the benefits of taking Magnesium, because well, I'm a little constipated (TMI, sorry). But, it says that magnesium does help with that, but it also says that magnesium is a common type of medicine used to treat acid reflux.

Maybe I'm getting heartburn and the constipation because my magnesium levels are too low. I'm going to take some and see if it helps. Thought I would share the info. ;)

Are you talking about "milk of magnesia" for indigestion?
  • kabrigail
    leveejohn wrote: »
    @kabrigail Let us know what works for you with the heartburn. I stay on prilosec and that works, but truth be known I'd like to be able to stop taking that drug.

@leveejohn I used the Magnesium and my heartburn is better. I'm thinking that helped. Could have just gotten better. Could have even been the ACV. But I did read that Magnesium can help with acid reflux.
  • kabrigail

No. Actual Magnesium pills. But I bet there must be Magnesium in milk of magnesia and that's probably how it got its name.
  • DebSozo

No. Actual Magnesium pills. But I bet there must be Magnesium in milk of magnesia and that's probably how it got its name.

Oops! It is a laxative. I learned something new today! I remember ads for milk of magnesia vaguely but thought it was for indigestion. :D
    As you can probably tell I don't take many OTC items.
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member

Thank you for sharing this!
  • kabrigail
    1MADGIRL wrote: »

Thank you for sharing this!

You are welcome. I think it did help with both of my problems and I did drop 2.5 lbs after my body cooperated so we will see where I am at on the scale when I do my weekly weigh in on Thursday. Should be a good one. :)
  • kabrigail
    Well, last year when I was losing weight I bought some size 16 jeans that were on sale to wear when I lost enough weight and I have been wearing them for a while. I was so excited when I lost enough weight about 2 months ago to finally wear them. I'm almost in a size 14 now. Well, I just saw another sale so I decided to buy some 11/12's to give me that push and incentive to keep going and make sure that I will definitely get down to that size! Can't wait to get into those babies!
  • kabrigail
    By the way, 11/12 is right around my goal weight!
  • dajoloehr
    dajoloehr Posts: 447 Member
    I remember the first time I went shopping for pants after losing some weight. I walked in wearing a size 20, walked out wearing a 16! I threw those 20s away in the garbage outside the store and said good riddance :)
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    You'll be in those jeans before you know it!!! :)