10/27: -3 lbs
    11/3: +1 lb :(
    11/10: -1 lb
    11/17: -1lb :)
    11/24: 0 lb
    12/1: -2 lbs :smiley:
    12/8: 0 lb
    12/15: -1 lb
    12/22: I didn't weigh (too much going on)
    12/29: +1 lb
    1/5: -1.5 lb
    1/12: -1 lb
    1/19: -1.5 lb :smiley:
    1/26: +0.5
    2/2: -3 lb :smiley:

Well, I thought this week would be a good weigh in and it was! 3 pounds! I love OMAD! It has saved my life!!!
  • vinyladdict
    vinyladdict Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    kabrigail wrote: »
    By the way, 11/12 is right around my goal weight!

I have quite a few professional wrestling and music t-shirts that just don't fit because of how big I've gotten. Some of those shirts haven't been worn one time. To say that I'm looking forward to continued shrinking and the expansion of my wardrobe is an understatement.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    Yay for a 3 LB loss!!! :)
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Awesome loss! Those are good to get!
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Well, last year when I was losing weight I bought some size 16 jeans that were on sale to wear when I lost enough weight and I have been wearing them for a while. I was so excited when I lost enough weight about 2 months ago to finally wear them. I'm almost in a size 14 now. Well, I just saw another sale so I decided to buy some 11/12's to give me that push and incentive to keep going and make sure that I will definitely get down to that size! Can't wait to get into those babies!

Excellent idea! I might try this if I free up some money :)
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    7/18/15: Starting weight 250 lbs
    9/1/16: Starting weight 230 lbs
    2/2/17 - CW: 207 lbs

9/8: -5 lbs
    9/15: -1 lb
    9/22: 0 lb
    9/29: -1 lb
    10/6: -1 lb
    10/13: 0 lb
    10/20: -1 lb

Well, I thought this week would be a good weigh in and it was! 3 pounds! I love OMAD! It has saved my life!!!

WOW 3 pounds!!!!
  • Nevadaden
    Nevadaden Posts: 971 Member
    Options
    Fabulous!
  • leveejohn
    leveejohn Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    The loose clothes are really, really cool. I'm down two belt notches, almost three. As a guy, I'm not really a shopper. Actually, I'm not a shopper at all (big surprise, right?). But I think it will be pretty interesting to get smaller clothes when the time is right.
  • blambo61
    Options
    leveejohn wrote: »
    The loose clothes are really, really cool. I'm down two belt notches, almost three. As a guy, I'm not really a shopper. Actually, I'm not a shopper at all (big surprise, right?). But I think it will be pretty interesting to get smaller clothes when the time is right.

I was 44-waist and am now 37-38. I bought 36 inch stretchy waist pants so they will still fit when I get to 36!
  • 1MADGIRL
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    leveejohn wrote: »

I was 44-waist and am now 37-38. I bought 36 inch stretchy waist pants so they will still fit when I get to 36!

Preparing for success! I love this!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    I've said it before, but I literally just about cried when I first got back into 38-inch waist pants.
  • kabrigail
    kabrigail Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am hungry today. I had a cheat day on Monday. Well, I actually started around Monday, midnight (shouldn't have) and went all day Monday. Had lunch, dinner and popcorn in the evening, and ice cream. I went nuts. Then, I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I got out of routine, did not have my usual coffee. Did not drink enough water. I did skip breakfast and lunch, but I had dinner and then I ate popcorn about 3 hours later. I guess it could be worse though. Today, so far I'm back on track and I plan to stay that way, but I am so hungry today. Probably because of the popcorn so late last night. Doesn't help when people bring their food to their desk and I can smell it. :s

Another thing that I guess bothers me, has been on my mind. I know a lot of people judge this diet. I can't be honest about it. I can't say a word. Last year I was open about it with my co-workers. They were impressed with my weight loss. Then I fell out of the shower and hit my head and started getting headaches because I messed up some discs in my neck (didn't know it was discs until recently). Also, I had gotten a bladder infection while on the diet. Well, when I got back on the diet this year, all I kept hearing was "you're going to get those headaches again, you're going to get bladder infections again". So I said, well, "I'm not going to do OMAD, I'm going to do 2 meals, just one small meal at lunch and a bigger meal at dinner." Just because I didn't want to hear all the negativity. But I still get some doubts because I'm dropping weight. I still have to come up with lies and say I ate lunch all the time. I don't want the judgement. BTW, the headaches are being controlled with medication and I haven't had one bladder infection and I've been doing OMAD again since September 1, 2016.

I know this isn't about them, this is about me. Just had to get it off my chest. I feel better now. Thanks for listening.
  • Mom2annie
    Mom2annie Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Oh my gosh, I am hungry today. I had a cheat day on Monday. Well, I actually started around Monday, midnight (shouldn't have) and went all day Monday. Had lunch, dinner and popcorn in the evening, and ice cream. I went nuts. Then, I wasn't feeling well yesterday so I got out of routine, did not have my usual coffee. Did not drink enough water. I did skip breakfast and lunch, but I had dinner and then I ate popcorn about 3 hours later. I guess it could be worse though. Today, so far I'm back on track and I plan to stay that way, but I am so hungry today. Probably because of the popcorn so late last night. Doesn't help when people bring their food to their desk and I can smell it. :s

Another thing that I guess bothers me, has been on my mind. I know a lot of people judge this diet. I can't be honest about it. I can't say a word. Last year I was open about it with my co-workers. They were impressed with my weight loss. Then I fell out of the shower and hit my head and started getting headaches because I messed up some discs in my neck (didn't know it was discs until recently). Also, I had gotten a bladder infection while on the diet. Well, when I got back on the diet this year, all I kept hearing was "you're going to get those headaches again, you're going to get bladder infections again". So I said, well, "I'm not going to do OMAD, I'm going to do 2 meals, just one small meal at lunch and a bigger meal at dinner." Just because I didn't want to hear all the negativity. But I still get some doubts because I'm dropping weight. I still have to come up with lies and say I ate lunch all the time. I don't want the judgement. BTW, the headaches are being controlled with medication and I haven't had one bladder infection and I've been doing OMAD again since September 1, 2016.

I know this isn't about them, this is about me. Just had to get it off my chest. I feel better now. Thanks for listening.

Personally, I'd just tell them the truth and explain things exactly how you explained it to us. If they're skeptical, so what. Time will show them they're wrong.

I understand though. I was caught off guard a couple days ago in a conversation that led to an invite to have lunch at a local pizzeria. I eat at 6pm so without thinking I said, "Maybe...not sure...I'm on a strange diet." Don't know where that came from bc I don't care what that person thinks about my eating habits. I would change my response now if I could though.
  • kabrigail
    Options
    Only problem is, if I get a headache or I'm out sick or I just don't feel good for some reason, they want to blame the diet.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    It's too bad they make you feel that way but as long as you know it's working it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks anyway...I tell anyone that asks and I also tell them that I love OMAD.
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    Only problem is, if I get a headache or I'm out sick or I just don't feel good for some reason, they want to blame the diet.

I get that. I get migraines and am afraid my boss will blame the next one me (omad). Maybe you could try talking about how good you feel and how OMAD only gives you headaches and sickly feelings during the first week or so. I do get where you are coming from though. No one wants to appear to be irresponsibly hurting themselves. If your boss is involved, you might want to stay quiet. I can't hide anything from mine bc we share a small office and are good friends.
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    Options
    It amazes me how so many can't accept that sometimes you just have a freakin headache! Sometimes, it's really just that simple. Not every day you feel great. Not every day your nose is dry.
  • blambo61
    Options
    I had someone say to me after I explained what I was doing, "Oh, your on that starvation diet". I replied to how many cals I was putting down a day and asked how that was starving. They really didn't have much to say.
  • kabrigail
    Options
    7/18/15: Starting weight 250 lbs
    9/1/16: Starting weight 230 lbs
    2/9/17: CW 209 lbs

9/8: -5 lbs
    9/15: -1 lb
    9/22: 0 lb
    9/29: -1 lb
    10/6: -1 lb
    10/13: 0 lb
    10/20: -1 lb
    2/9: +2lbs :(

I am not happy. Actually I'm pretty upset and I can only blame myself. I shouldn't have done so badly this week. I have to do better. I want to be under 200 lbs by March 1st and this is not the way to do it.
  • Mom2annie
    Options
    You'll do great this week, but try not to let a stupid number on a scale drive your happiness or emotions. The gain is probably temporary fluid retention related to sodium, exercise, or your cycle. I know this is gross, but it could also be due to constipation, if you're experiencing that. Mine fluctuates by about 2 pounds for some of these reasons. You're doing awesome in my opinion.