100% Challenge Fabulous For Fall - September 14th to October 25th, 2015

Options

Replies

• ginnywed
    ginnywed Posts: 327 Member
    edited October 2015
    Options
    100% 9/30 Turned the heat on..it just got too cold in the house for me. Only have it set at 68. Its still in the high 40's here ouside. I am making soup and wish it would get done! Stay warm

Ginny
  • rlshelor
    rlshelor Posts: 597 Member
    Options
    9/23, 9/25, 9/27, 9/28, 9/29 - NOT 100%
    9/24, 9/26, 9/30 - 100%
    WI: 298.6 (-1.0)

I can't believe it's been that long since I posted. Been a rough week. I had my yearly physical today. My blood sugar is up. Starting tomorrow night I have to work two weeks of 12 hour shifts.

weight-loss-0974.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F
    Goal: June 24, 2012

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

• dharris1014
    dharris1014 Posts: 509 Member
    Options
    10/1 100%
  • RogerToo
    RogerToo Posts: 16,157 Member
    Options
    10/01/2015 100%

Hi
    I walked despite the weather, Light rain and windy and low 50s.
    I walked a part of the walk and picked up my coffee and returned to the house. Then I went back out and did some more walking after changing to better gloves as the Brown Jersey were not cutting it in the rain. As I result when I ran the map for distance I had covered 3.66 miles between the two outings.

Have a Great Friday
    RogerToo
    ginnywed wrote: »
    100% 9/30 Turned the heat on..it just got too cold in the house for me. Only have it set at 68. Its still in the high 40's here ouside. I am making soup and wish it would get done! Stay warm

Ginny

Hi Ginny
    I thought about the heat too, OTOH my brother likes it cooler so I abstained from running the heat. Tomorrow may be a different story as the Overnights are forecast to be in the 40s, Yuck, Fall is defiantly here :)

Cheers
    RogerToo
    rlshelor wrote: »
    9/23, 9/25, 9/27, 9/28, 9/29 - NOT 100%
    9/24, 9/26, 9/30 - 100%
    WI: 298.6 (-1.0)

I can't believe it's been that long since I posted. Been a rough week. I had my yearly physical today. My blood sugar is up. Starting tomorrow night I have to work two weeks of 12 hour shifts.

weight-loss-0974.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

Hi Roger
    On the good side Your weight is down. Sorry to hear that the Blood Sugar is up.

Good Luck at work
    RogerToo
  • ginnywed
    Options
    [color=red 100% 10/1 [/color=red] Just got back in the house from being out with the dogs on the bike. I need to get my gloves out to do this now. Its still 49 degrees outside and they think its just fine...BRRRR... Glad I turned the heat on but I am going to turn it down some.

Roger...your weight is down so congrats on that . Sorry your blood sugar isn't but stress can also make that go up.
    Sorry you have to work 12 hour shifts.

Rogertoo...walking in the rain when its only 50 is cold. At least when the sun is out it doesn't feel so cool.

Ginny
  • rlshelor
    Options
    10/1 - NOT 100%

Starting over again today. I was strong all day until I got home.

children-weight-fat-scale-weigh-weighing_scales-dro0984_low.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

• dharris1014
    Options
    You can do it Roger, we are here for you.

10/2 100%
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options

10/02/2015 100%

Hi
    I walked to the Quick Chek for coffee then on to the Pathmark Supermarket for Bananas. I ended up with Bananas, 10 Greek Yogurt and some 60 calorie packs of fruit.

It was in the 40s, Cold and and no rain to a light rain. I put on the long 7 pocket hiker pants, a sweatshirt and to jacket from my lightweight Frogg Toggs to keep off the rain and as a windbreaker. The jacket works well for both BTW. To keep the Hood from hanging down and blocking my forward vision I also wore a SunShade so that the Visor would hold the front of the hood up and out of the way. Lightly insulated Leather Gloves and the Backpack for the food and I was good to go :) I saw only one couple walking in the rain.

I got the phone call at 9:03 this morning from NutriSystem. Usually that means my frozen shipped the night before. In my case being in the next state I usually see it the same day that they the call.

Have a Really Great Weekend
    RogerToo
    [color=red 100% 10/1 [/color=red] Just got back in the house from being out with the dogs on the bike. I need to get my gloves out to do this now. Its still 49 degrees outside and they think its just fine...BRRRR... Glad I turned the heat on but I am going to turn it down some.

Roger...your weight is down so congrats on that . Sorry your blood sugar isn't but stress can also make that go up.
    Sorry you have to work 12 hour shifts.

Rogertoo...walking in the rain when its only 50 is cold. At least when the sun is out it doesn't feel so cool.

Ginny

Hi Ginny
    I have been taking gloves with me lately and they do help. I have not really seen the sun since the days got shorter since I get out the door between 5:20 and 5:30, today for example I was out the door at 5:29. As he days get colder I do expect to get going later in the morning. OTOH I do like the peace & quiet at that time of day.

Stay Warm
    RogerToo
    10/1 - NOT 100%

Starting over again today. I was strong all day until I got home.

children-weight-fat-scale-weigh-weighing_scales-dro0984_low.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

Hi Roger
    I tend to handle that sort of thing by keeping foods I shouldn't have out of the house. In my case it is easy enough as I keep my frozen on one shelf and my Brother uses the other, Same story with the refrigerator and cabinets.

Good Luck
    Roger
  • mariska9664
    mariska9664 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    9/29 & 9/30 - Not 100%
    10/1 - 100%
    10/2 - Not 100%

Mary

KekXgq

Fabulous for Fall 100% Challenge Spreadsheet

weight.png

• ginnywed
    Options
    100% 10/2 Going out with the dogs in about 30 minutes. It feels warmer today. Probably cuz I turned the heat in here up to 70. I am such a wuss. Have to go and get apples today too.
  • rlshelor
    Options
    10/2 - NOT 100%

Rain, Rain, Rain!!!

health-beauty-weight-weighing_scales-obese-slimming-dieting-ksmn3661_low.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

• dharris1014
    Options
    10/3 not 100%
  • RogerToo
    Options

10/03/2015 100%

Hi
    I Picked up some more black walnuts and 5 nice Juicy Apples on my walk today, They are drops and have a nice size and color and look pretty good too. As soon as they dry off from being washed into the refrigerator they go.

I picked up 17 cents on my walk today, Then I got a refill of the Extra Large 7 eleven coffee. That is $1.34 vs $2.13 for no refill. Deduct the 17Cents and my Coffee was $1.17 net cost. Add that to free Black Walnuts and Apples and a good mornings walk. FWIW I consider the Black Walnuts to be the Cadillac of Nuts, Up there with Macadamia nuts but free for the picking up.

Link on how to process them.
    From there: Store in-shell walnuts in freezer, packed in food saver bags or other air tight containers. In-shell nuts keep well for a year.
    And from here:
    The flavor of black walnut lends a gourmet touch to cookies, breads, cakes and other baked goods. The nutmeats are often expensive and difficult to locate; discovering an available crop of black walnuts is a real find.

Have a Nice Day
    RogerToo
    100% 10/2 Going out with the dogs in about 30 minutes. It feels warmer today. Probably cuz I turned the heat in here up to 70. I am such a wuss. Have to go and get apples today too.

Hi Ginny
    As You can see I went for free on my apples, I am well stocked right now, Cut a small blemish out here or there and they are tasty and good.

Cold and breezy this morning. I went out late, for me anyway, at 7AM on today's walk. I must be one too. It felt hot in the house when I got home from walking and when I looked the Living room was 71 degrees, Not that hot, I had just got used to the low 50s outside.

Have a Good Outing with the dogs
    RogerToo
    10/2 - NOT 100%

Rain, Rain, Rain!!!

health-beauty-weight-weighing_scales-obese-slimming-dieting-ksmn3661_low.jpg

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

Hi Roger
    Your post reminded me of the old saying.
    Rain, Rain, go away, come again another day.

I loved the Cartoon
    RogerToo
  • CanyonDweller
    CanyonDweller Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

Just thought I would check in. Been to PT three times a week for weeks and no help. Surgery scheduled for left shoulder 10/28. Not sure if it will be repair of partial tear and split tendon or total shoulder reversal. Hard to sit here type.

Our home survived the fires although we were under a level 2 evacuation for three weeks. There were major fire complexes on all sides of us and hundreds of homes were lost. Our little pocket of the river looks the same, but if you pass the next bend in the river there is burnout on both sides of the river. We are so lucky and try to help those who weren't. So many families lost everything and we all pitch in what we can.

I hope to join the next challenge and will follow along with this one as I can. Keep up the good work.

Linda Kay

• rlshelor
    Options

Rain, Rain go away, come again in about two months, we have enough to last us!

Linda Kay: Good to hear from you again. I hope the surgery gives you relief and progress.

funny-weight-loss-quotes-8.jpg?w=390&h=372&crop=1

Roger
    3pT5F

event.png

exercise.png

0gYc9PDR3ppD

• RogerToo
    Options
    Hi All,

Just thought I would check in. Been to PT three times a week for weeks and no help. Surgery scheduled for left shoulder 10/28. Not sure if it will be repair of partial tear and split tendon or total shoulder reversal. Hard to sit here type.

Our home survived the fires although we were under a level 2 evacuation for three weeks. There were major fire complexes on all sides of us and hundreds of homes were lost. Our little pocket of the river looks the same, but if you pass the next bend in the river there is burnout on both sides of the river. We are so lucky and try to help those who weren't. So many families lost everything and we all pitch in what we can.

I hope to join the next challenge and will follow along with this one as I can. Keep up the good work.

Linda Kay

Hi Linda Kay
    I am happy to hear You came through the fires OK, I was wondering.

I am also sorry to hear that You need surgery on the shoulder. They tried to avoid it form the sound of it.

Good Luck
    RogerToo
  • RogerToo
    edited October 2015
    Options
    Hi
    New Dessert listed here
    New Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt Nut Bar NutriSystem Dessert
    http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10263761/new-dark-chocolate-and-sea-salt-nut-bar-nutrisystem-dessert

I await the first person to order and get one. I just got my latest order, Darn it. And delayed the next one two weeks so no new taste test for me :(

Have a Nice Evening
    RogerToo
  • dharris1014
    Options
    I ordered for my next shipment but delayed and won't get until first week of Nov. I'll let you know what it's like.
  • dharris1014
    Options
    10/4 not 100%
  • RogerToo
    Options
    10/04/2015 100%

Hi All
    I walked past McDonalds for my morning coffee, Walk + 17 cents means that the Large coffee @ 1.07 with tax was a net cost of $.90. Later today I will be out again and may pick up a large Decaf.

Have a Great Monday
    RogerToo
    I ordered for my next shipment but delayed and won't get until first week of Nov. I'll let you know what it's like.

Hi
    Thank You, I need to call NS today to complain. My Frozen was short 5 items in the Desserts and I was not that happy that they substituted Fiesta Melts, not my favorite for Broccoli Cheese Melts.

Have a Good Day
    Roger