The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,277 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    Wow this week went by and was busy. I have a long weekend so am off today and tomorrow. Love it! I'm still trying to close out this jewelry party fundraiser. We sold 1228.00 dollars in jewelry. The Cakes from Grace nonprofit gets 302.00 towards her supplies. I gave most of my jewelry credit away to each person present at the party, $40 each toward a piece of jewelry. Since I gave most away and 25% of profits went to the non profit, I can get $78 dollars worth of jewelry and 8 half priced items if I choose to spend the money. I certainly don't need 8 additional items! If they had online orders I would have sent you Facebook invites but they don't have online ordering yet. Some pretty pieces for reasonable prices. The company is Premier Jewelry, a Christian based company.

I'm sorry Caleb is feeling low Marla. Growing up is so hard. Sounds like you are on the right track. If your town does have a pediatrician that specializes in children's nutrition, etc. or a nutrionist, making an appointment may be informative. I knew of someone whose child struggled and they saw a person for check-in visits. He really liked the nutritionist and would say "Dr. X said I can only eat...." or "Dr. X said I can eat these foods...". It took the struggle off of parent and child had more ownership and control following Dr.'s instructions. I don't want to interfere either, just an idea.

WTG Ang getting out there in the cold for a run! You are a better woman than I am.

Shirley- You must be anxious for warm weather and boating. Hard to believe the season is upon us.

I'm finishing up painting my wall shelf today and hope Russ will hang it this weekend. I am motivated to paint a couple of other old pieces that are eye sores to me. Spruce this place up a little bit.

My neighbor is having a garage sale next week. We are going to put 5 big items in it and see if we can get rid of them. I have a diningroom buffet, tea cart/carving table, poker table, fire table with 4 chairs, and an entertainment center. Fingers crossed!

We had a nice visit with Jeff when he came for dinner. It rained all day so we couldn't grill but dinner was nice anyway.

I see an orthopedic doctor this afternoon. Pray he doesn't patronize me as others have done saying suck it up, you're over 50.

Have a nice day!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,729 Member
    Options
    ***and I didn't mean only a bread stick and water for the entire dinner - I meant only one bread stick and then whatever else instead of three bread sticks...
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Good luck Jenny - thanks for the encouraging words all - !!!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    good news Caleb got 'released' today and can start using his left hand today - here's hoping it feels ok as he starts to use it -

Niece has dance recital tomorrow - she is a junior already - so it's just this one and next year
    ! Wow - hope she is feeling up to it - she got hurt Monday at soccer her bad ankle got smashed bad - poor baby girl - she has just been battered!

Zach had a much better tourney yesterday - shot a 101 and was only 2 strokes off the low score for CHS jv (they are a long way from the top scorers for other schools) but proud of how he is working his way through his bad spell - Go Zach
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    So hard on these young kids now a days. Marla, you don't want to say too much to Caleb because he could go rogue and become anorexic like our niece (Dave' side). She finished her first year university and seems to be handling living with other girls in an apartment. She's not too far from home and can
    come home when she wants too. She looked really good at the party. Marla, keep up the good work and hopefully things will smooth out. A hard position for a parent.

Jenny - Your jewellery party sounded like fun and you did great on the sales. Have a good long weekend
    and hope the weather is great. Things on the boat scene are going slow this year. It is still cool in
    the 50's today and Dave spent most of the day yesterday at the boat. Getting things done slowly.

I had yoga class today and feeling kind of tired, a busy week with apts. Tomorrow I have choir practice,
    our performance is on Sunday and then off for the summer. B)

Enjoy the day!

Shirley

• jrbanta
    Options
    Ok weird tech stuff going on. Yesterday I logged in to MFP and tried to check in to our group. It wasn't under Community or in the usual place under groups. Just now I was prepared to click on Groups like Shirley suggested but found it in its usual place. I'm losing my mind or something was off on this site or my computer yesterday.

It's been a nice long weekend! Friday I went and checked out the Miracle Surface place where they resurface ceramic tiles, shower and tubs, sinks and countertops. Cheaper than changing it all up. I have a guy coming to give a free estimate to resurface my tub, two showers and tile in upper bathroom. We'll see what he quotes. I went to Lowes and Home Depot after that to check on price of new bases, flooring, counter tops, etc. I got some ball park quotes on bathroom countertops/sinks.

Today I started painting an end table I've had since 1985. It's oak, drop leaf with a pretty marred top and peeling varnish. I sanded it down and used cottage/chalk paint to make it new and funky. I still have one more coat to put on the top and then decide if I will lightly brush the off white paint on the top to tone down the cocoa brown. The legs are off white and I rubbed off some of the paint so the wood showed through. It was either paint or put in a garage sale. I decided to re use it but make it look better.

Well I'm going to see if I can see last week's Madame Secretary on line since I never taped it.

Have a great evening and Sunday. Sounds like all the kids and adults are doing well.

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Jenny- glad you found us. :)

Choir performance today, my oldest daughter can't make it, bad headache.
    My sister, MIL, and Isaac's mom are coming and hubs of course.
    Happy May Day.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    only two and a half weeks of school! Less than three to vacation - YIKES! and YAY
  • Shirley61
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Marla time is flying hope your vaca gets here soon.

Here is a picture after choir performance in front of the church. Of course I am in black.
    My sister in blue, my MIL, my youngest daughter Kathy and my good friend and her hubby. My hubby is taking the picture.

6dqjqs0s1ake.jpg
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Hi! On my way to work in a minute but wanted to check in. Nice picture Shirley. You look great!
    Beautiful day today and will be low 70's. Perfect!
    I have to leave but wanted to wish you all a happy day :)

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    so tired - teenagers and tweenagers are EXHAUSTING!! Zach announced the other day he doesn't want to football this year - like three weeks ago and he still all go on football - I think it's a mistake - he will regret not being part of the team - he doesn't understand what being part of even a not great team makes a difference socially - Caleb got all hurt and mad with me when he told me his track coach said he could do hurdles - and my eyes got wide and I said I didn't think that was a good idea - the boy is constantly hurting himself and is very uncoordinated right now - he has no idea how much suffering would ensue if he eats track tumbling over a hurdle - and he is just getting healed!

soooo tired
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    did a dvd last night - in the middle of the week - go.me.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    so hungry today - the yogurt for my side with my lunch didn't do it - went and got chips - meh - give me the oomph to dvd tonight too I hope

did I mention teens/tweens are exhausting?
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla - Sounds like your vacation can't come too soon.

What are everyone's plans for Mother's Day? I won't be seeing my kids this year, all busy. We are taking
    Dave's mom to brunch on Sunday at our local golf club. They always put on a nice buffet.

Today was yoga and visiting my MIL, just finished lunch. I am doing "Workweek Hustle" with my Fitbit
    and today is the last day. Whew! I still have a walk to get in so my steps keep going. Yesterday I had
    over 14,000 steps.

Tomorrow our farmer's market starts up for the summer so I will pick up my MIL, she has never been.
    I told her we would go out for lunch. I hope get on my bike tomorrow the weather is supposed to be nice.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    1236137mz7pylwx1x.jpg[/url]

Happy Mother's Day to you and have a wonderful weekend.

Shirley
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies! Things have been crazy for me with my race last weekend and then finalizing everything for the Ladies Spring Tea at my church today. Well both are now over and I can breathe a sigh of relief. It all went so well!!

My goal time for my 10.2 race was between 1:15 to 1:20 as I was slow. I did it in 1:11:49! I was very happy with that time. Liverpool was a very pretty place to run in. A couple pictures are below: (I've tried getting the pictures smaller, but it's not working!)

IMG_20160430_092002854.jpgIMG_20160430_101339584.jpgIMG_20160430_101905939.jpg

Today was the ladies spring tea at my church. I was in charge of it. So happy it's over and it went well! The decorations were beautiful! (not done by me!)

IMG_20160506_213549709.jpgIMG_2906.jpgIMG_2903.jpg983848fb-06f7-4fe5-a391-3fa7a5f063f7.jpg

Now I am beyond tired for total lack of sleep this week. I'm going to bed!
  • Shirley61
    edited May 2016
    Options
    Lovely Ang, looks like the tea was a success!

Congratulations on the run!!

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Hope all you lovely ladies had a nice weekend - busy, busy - last full week of school - Zach has two tourney and a concert this week and Caleb has a concert too - sigggghhhh -
  • jrbanta
    Options
    My week hasn't been so great and I didn't work the whole week due to illness. Napped a lot and went to bed early. I thought I had allergies due to
    Birch pollen but then it turned into upper respiratory and body ache flu. I was out of it until Saturday afternoon. Luckily I felt good yesterday for Mother's Day.
    We had a mid day dinner with Jeff downtown. Traffic was awful and we felt lucky to get home without a crash.

Over whelmed at work with a To Do List I can't seem to tackle due to interruptions, etc. I'm still delivering jewelry from the party and people don't return my emails
    or texts to let me know when I can drop by. Now I remember why I hate doing sales parties. It really is a lot of work for the hostess.

Congrats Ang on your run and your time! WTG! Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Marla- Do you know why Zach doesn't want to go out for football? Does his class load feel overwhelming and football would be stressful? Caleb may need to try hurdles and learn for himself
    if it is too difficult. It's hard parenting teens isn't it?

Shirley- I'm impressed with your FitBit challenge and all your steps. WTG!

Well I can't linger tonight because too much to do. I will try to check in more regularly but this is a stressful time at work.

Rory comes home Wednesday! He will be here for a week and leaves for Ecuador on the 20th.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    hope you feel better dear J - enjoy your short time with Rory!