The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,730 Member
    Options
    this week is nuts! getting HOT here 97 today.

Been driving every day with Zach - glad he is finally behind the wheel - but it is so stressful for me - and I am so BITTER that I am the only one who is willing to be the adult in our house and drive with him.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Marla, love the new picture with you and the boys. You are so thin, no stomach I am jealous.
    Glad you had a great time.

It's cool here most everyone is wearing a jacket today but I went out without one and it wasn't too bad.
    It was cleaning day for me and no more achy feeling, still having some bathroom issues so hope that is
    resolved soon.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    oh Shirley - you are full of it - I am way up from where I was not quite two years ago- but thank you I love the kind words! I am trying really hard to make myself get in pictures with the boys - I have basically none from when Caleb was little to about three or four years ago - I was just getting bigger and bigger and was ashamed of how I looked - and while I still wouldn't love how the pictures of me looked - I know I am regretting not having any

Feel better - dear S
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,279 Member
    Options
    Marla- I saw the picture too and you do look great! I didn't like driving with the kids. Jeff was ok but David and Rory thought they knew everything and weren't teachable by me. Why won't Bernie drive with Zach? I thought Dad's liked to do that. Maybe he gets nervous too.

Shirley- Glad you are feeling better and hope all is resolved soon.

91 today and humid! I went in early to work and left at 2pm after my last appointment. I worked late yesterday so I came home to be in AC and beat the storm that is coming.

1- 1/2 weeks and I'm on a 3 week break. Yay! We leave for AK on 6/23. Lots to do to get ready for trip and be done with work.

Have a nice night!
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    This week has been one long tiring week.

The two day training seminar at my church was wonderful. It was also long and physically draining. Wednesday it took my over an hour to go through all my emails. Then I got a huge stack of files. I still haven't fully made it through them all as I was busy with this week's property closings.

Wednesday night I found out the agent was coming to take pictures of the house on Friday for the sale. I did some organizing after work on Wednesday, but most of the rest got done Thursday. Thursday I went out to a gathering of ladies from my church and didn't get home until 10pm. I had to scrub clean really well, take down personal pictures, declutter and hide things. I went to bed at 1am. My alarm went off for my morning running at 4am. I could barley function on Friday. I needed coffee to help me through.

Friday night was the closing for the kids program. I was so tired and emotional over some girls leaving and going to the teen group, one family who already moved away and another who is going to, I cried. One little girl sitting beside me asked me why I was crying. Last night I went to bed as soon as I got home (around 10pm) and of course I couldn`t fall asleep right away. Grrr. I did sleep about 9 hours last night.

This morning I did my 9k training run and then I headed off to my race. Treated myself to a lovely lunch at Boston Pizza, and then a couple hours later ran a 5k race. (Pictures coming later when I get them off my phone) That`s 14k total running today, not counting the close to 2 hours of walking!!!

I got home about 8, took a quick shower and then went off for groceries. I`ve been trying to clean out what I stashed away and hid so I can get at what I buried.

I would have to say the highlight of the week was Tuesday night when I signed the lease to my new apartment! I GOT THE TWO BEDROOM APARTMENT!! I am beyond thrilled. I move in 3 weeks, so I really need to start packing when I came. Of the two Saturdays left before I move, neither of them I can spend all day packing! Next weekend I am going to my parents in my home town for mom's birthday/father's day/my birthday celebration. The Saturday after that is the ladies BBQ at my church that I am in charge of. I can see some more late nights coming this month.
  • angf0679
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Sole sisters race:

A sea of purple (there was close to 3,000 ladies)

IMG_20160611_172245849.jpg

Another race completed

IMG_20160611_184044299.jpg

Posing for a picture (also modeling my new running sneakers)

IMG_20160611_184415649.jpg
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Love the purple Ang! Congrats on your race and all the miles walking and running that day. Also congratulations on your new apartment. More room! You are one busy lady!

Hot weekend here but now is in the 70's to 80. Rainy today.

We've gone to all the grad parties we've been invited to. Now my list is ready to start checking off my To Do's for our trip and work.

Off to work now so I'll check in later or tomorrow.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    good job on your race Ang and congrats on your new apartment - woot!

your vacay will be here soon Jenny - yay!

I did order two meals from home chef (I think) fingers crossed it goes well.

sooooooo tired barely slept two hours last night - meh
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Marla- do you have insomnia or are you worried about something? My antihistamine knocks me out at night. Russ said the house was shaking from thunder last night and I never heard it. It's a good thing or I wouldn't have been able to get back to sleep.

I finally bought new bras today. I HATE bra shopping. Who makes and designs them? They are the worst apparel a woman has to wear and expensive too. I also found a belt and a bathing suit top to go with my black bathing suit shorts and skirt. Luckily the bras and underwear were buy one and get one half off at Kohl's. I had my 30% off coupon on top of that so it helped a lot.

I had my last visit with two students today. They are moving on to preschool classrooms in the fall. I was sad to be done with one family. I really have enjoyed seeing them every week. The other student was at a daycare center that I don't like going to at all. Glad to be done.

Well just checking in now that work is over. I have paperwork to do this evening so I can get done and not bring home stuff over my break.

Can't wait for Alaska trip!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    the boys were up messing around - and while that's fine and fun for them since its summer I kept hearing them and getting up and to check on them - and then I couldn't relax -

I have been so hungry since coming back from vacation and eating poorly - vacation was excellent for me with all the walking and I have not done one step since I got back - I am whiny and just want it all to be easy - I want to be thin and be able to eat whatever I want - **whiiinnnneeee** PMS and lack of sleep awesome combo

Jenny - I feel you on the bras - when I was at my top weight I was a 38 A - do you know how impossible it is to find big bands and small cups - because being bigger means you are bigger everywhere? I wish.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Raining and tornado/high winds headed our way. There was a touchdown in southern MN. Hopefully it bypasses our area. I don't like strong winds.

I worked until 5pm at work. I have files to purge, third party billing to do, plans to write, etc. I got a lot done and will keep plugging away at it over the next week.

Marla- You look thin in your picture. I'm much heavier and big busted due to my weight and my body type. Ugh! Bras are impossible to find that are comfortable and supportive enough.

Do the boys have lots of summer activities planned to participate in? That was always the challenge to keep them busy and out of trouble or getting bored.

Well just checking in. Have a nice evening. Watching the news. What is happening in this world with all the killing and violence? It is scary and sad.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    just saw the horrific news article that a 2 year old was dragged off at Disney's Grand Floridian by an alligator - a NE family awfully enough - I am just sick - how do you recover from that -
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Horrific news on 2 year old boy. I don't think recovery will be easy. Guilt, questions of "what if we hadn't gone to DW?, etc. Very sad!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I hate how some people are like - they should have known not to go near the water - WHAT THE WHAT!!! First off they were at a resort where they were encouraged to be out watching a night movie and enjoying the beach front - and if you are from a land locked state - you have no idea that those beasts will make their way into any waterway - this is flat out tragedy - not bad parenting - I don't know why this has me so worked up - awful things happen everyday - I think because we were just there and did have a wonderful time and now this young family will be forever scarred by what should have been one of their best memories -

I can only continue to pray for them, for the responders who had to search and recover, for all the ones hurt and broken by the shooting - God have mercy.
  • Shirley61
    edited June 2016
    Options
    What is wrong with some parents, the silver back gorilla and the 4 year old boy, now the 2 year old and the alligator. All I can say is some people should not be parents.

We left Tuesday for the cottage and a stop off to see Isaac, he was grandma's boy that day. The weather here is awesome and we did do some fishing but no luck.

I had a yoga class in North Bay on Thursday and I will be leaving shortly for another class today. Its at a mall so I will do some shopping after class.

Internet here is awful so it comes and goes, I will try to keep up and have been posting my exercise.

See you when I get back and i will try and keep up.

Ang - Fantastic run and I love purple one of my favorite colors. I bet you can't wait until the move.

Jenny - Busy as ever and counting the day until AK. We want to see pictures.

Marla - You do look fabulous and now back to summer and kids off school to drive you crazy.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Made it through the week and got a lot done at work. One education plan left to write and I will do it in the morning so my 3 days of work this week aren't stressed. I still have to clean up my files of kids moving on to preschool. Luckily we have a paperwork day on Wednesday. I took two days off at the end of the week for the trip so I only have to Wednesday to get it done. I don't want anything hanging over my head over the 3 week break. We go back on 7/18. Summer will be half over!

Today I'm organizing myself for the trip. Laundry, laying out clothes to pack, pick up dog food and cat litter, make my lists, pay last bills, etc. Very hot and humid here and will be worse tomorrow.

Shirley- have a nice time up north. Get your hugs with Isaac. WTG on yoga and meditation.
    Marla- I hear what your saying about not knowing there could be gators but on the other hand it is Florida and the news has shown many gator stories over the last few years. There would be a false sense of security at Disney World because we would assume their lagoon was safe and had no inlet our outlet. They had to know they've had gators in that lagoon at some time or another and the sign should have indicated to beware of them. The pictures of the beach made it look like a nice place to sit and play so parents would think it was ok to wade in water. I feel for the parents. They will always grieve and feel some sense of guilt over this loss. The little guy sure was cute in his photo. Makes me very sad for him and his family. Tragic loss.

Hi Ang!

Off to complete my list.

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited June 2016
    Options
    Hello

Happy Father's Day.

Caught 3 fish this morning--Dave 2, Shirley 1... couldn't keep them due to slot size. Darn!!
    Yesterday Shirley l...Dave 0...couldn't keep due to slot size.

Tried an all natural sun screen yesterday, must be for small amounts of outside time because I got burnt in the boat fishing. :o

Did not walk today it's really hot but there is a nice wind though. We are invited to Father's Day dinner at 3pm where they have a 4 month old baby. :)

Leaving tomorrow and a stop by to see Isaac before heading home.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Productive weekend. I was up by 5:40 this morning because I heard a dog throwing up. I decided to stay up, have my coffee and do some paperwork. I finished two reports that were due and started my education plan. I can easily finish my part by tomorrow. Hopefully other team members will do their parts. I want to mail it to family by Wednesday.

My suitcase is almost completely packed. Difficult to anticipate the weather and temps. I feel like I'm taking all seasons. My clothes are so boring!

Happy Father's Day to your husbands and own Dad's. Russ is a little lonely without Rory. Jeff did text him Happy Dad's Day (step dad) and David is on his way to Anchorage. We'll see him Thursday. Rory has not been in touch this weekend so we assume he did not go to the capital city of Quito. Maybe he is on the coast helping with disaster relief. Russ is bummed but hiding it well. We are going out for fish 'n chips at an Irish Pub in a few minutes.

Very hot and humid here so I've been inside most of weekend with exception of doing errands.

Have a nice eve.
    Jenny
  • angf0679
    Options
    Jenny - I ALWAYS pack more then I need when going somewhere as you can never tell with the weather!

Shirley - Summer finally came this weekend!!! It hit 27 today. I love the sun!

My life has been insane. I need to get myself better organized with packing to move. My living room is over taken by boxes. (Both packed and unpacked right now) I have a path to my desk and chair and a path to the window (a narrow path to the window!) My desk isn't going with me as it will be just to hard to get it back together again. I hope they take it when I put it out with the trash. I will have to see what happens. This week is garbage week, so if I can get this out on Wednesday night (pick up is Thursday) then I will have the space where my desk is currently to pile boxes. (It's a really big desk.) I can't believe I move the end of next week. I have no day that I can spend all day packing, so I'm packing when I can when I get home in the evening.

I'd love to pack more with the boxes I got at church tonight, but it's 9:20 and my goal is to be in bed with the light out at 10:00. I still need to clean up my supper dishes, pack lunch for tomorrow, get breakfast ready, get ready for bed, have my nighttime Bible study and hopefully still have time to read a chapter or two out of my book before needing to turn out the light. I MUST get to bed earlier this week. I didn't last week and didn't get one run in last week. My half marathon is in 3 months and I have a 10k race next week on Canada Day. I need to be running!!! I had my first workout this morning in over a week. It felt so good.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    waves to everyone - summer is kicking my booty - fair is almost here and not ready as usual dreading it as usual

Hope you are ready to have an awesome vacation Jenny

Hi Shirley!

Ang - keep after your packing - you must be so excited to get into your new place!