The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    Hope things are going well and you are all ready to rock this surgery. Sending you all the good vibes.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I agree with you. If Bernie says it he should follow through. Not okay...

I got my hair cut today. We had snow falling and it stuck briefly and then melted due to the warm temps we've had.

Tomorrow I see my ortho doctor, get my scheduled surgery time, and drive my friends to the airport at 4. Russ is going to make us a nice dinner and then I can't eat or drink after midnight until post surgery.

I hope your week is going well.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Woohoo!!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I'm ready for surgery. I have the first one of the day and have to be at the hospital at 5:30am!! Yuk! I would imagine I will be home by noon or 1pm if all goes well. I had my ortho appt today and we are good to go. I probably won't sleep a wink tonight knowing I have to get up by 4am to shower with the anti bacterial stuff for the last time.

I won't be on here for a few days unless it's going well. I'll try to check in by Sunday if I'm not goofy from meds.

Happy Valentine's Day!

• mizpaden74
    Options
    Sending you all the best vibes and positive energy today. Heal baby heal.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    A few more targeted healing wishes.

I am taking the day off tomorrow since I am running out of time to get them used before my anniversary date but worried nonetheless about my remaining team members especially Amber who I have been trying to work with on my programs. She is so buried with her own work this just kills me to add to it. Our new manager hasn’t spoken to anyone in the team since the one weird meeting they had with us a the day after Michele left. It’s pretty much the gals working like normal and the guys starting to work less and less. No one to keep them on track.

I did pick up a couple slices of cheesecake and Zach and I taste one at a time and discuss. It’s kind of fun.

Hair day yesterday. I had Tammy do some big wavy curls instead of straightening it. They still looked nice today and boy did I get so many compliments! Guys really like curly hair I guess.

Hope you are doing well. Hugs
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    More healthy wishes!

Hopefully you are already back home, or on your way soon.

Have had a nice day so far. Slept in, drove to town to get a latte (it was slick from an overnight snow!), did a double walk on my machine, did some laundry and found an interesting job post for Zach to work on. I was perusing Wayne’s alumni magazine and saw a blip about someone getting a job at Blast Analytics and thought huh look at their website. And hey they need a web developer. So he’s working on that one today

Heal on
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Thank you for all the healing wishes! Surgery went well but I didn't come out of the anesthesia easily and my oxygen levels were fluctuating. I ended up staying the night for safety reasons. Like all hospitals, the one in TC is understaffed with nurses on the different floors. I had a good over night nurse but they are spread so thin across different floors that you wait quite awhile when pushing the red button for more meds or to go to the bathroom. I came home yesterday around 1pm and Russ has been a busy, great nurse. I got behind on the pain meds at the hospital due to their short staffing. I'm caught up now but yesterday was rough! What was I thinking? I can only hope I walk, swim and ride my bike again.

I've been doing the knee bending machine but haven't worked up to the 2 hour 3x's per day yet. I managed 30 minutes straight with the angle at 50 so I felt good about that. I will do it twice more today and keep increasing the angle. PT wants me at 80-90 degrees by Thursday.

Russ has made me healthy meals of my choice. My stomach feels a little off so I'm thinking that is the opioids.

Quick thinking about Z with that job. I hope he finds something soon. What kind of cheesecake did you sample and discuss?

Windy, blue sky with puffy clouds, and occasional snow here. Winter is back!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Oh dang! Getting behind on your meds. That’s….rough. Definitely not how you want to start out. I’m glad you are home and Russ doing so well getting you back on track. Rest, heal, push yourself in the correct amount at the necessary times.

Let’s see, I picked up a white chocolate raspberry, a red velvet, a triple berry and a chocolate variety (three different chocolate small bites). We agreed the triple berry was our favorite. I thought for Zach it would be the chocolate peanut butter and I thought for me it would be the red velvet. But the triple berry was the creamiest and had the best flavor. It was a fun little thing over like four days.

Mad props to Russ and a big healing nap for you.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I never got my 3rd set in on the knee machine or exercises last night. I over did it mid day with the knee bending and was having break through pain and fatigue. I did make it to a 60 degree angle so I will start there later this morning. I was able to get out of the recliner by myself this morning so that was a win. I feel a little woozy this morning. I need food but haven't decided what I want. I'm trying to focus on protein and carbs.

Those cheesecake flavors sound yummy! Are you taking days off this week?
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I got the angle up to 70 on the knee bending machine. A killer! I'll do it again before bed. I'm not able to get 2 hours at a time yet. It is too uncomfortable. Hopefully next week goes better.

I heard Coyotes after midnight last night. It sounded like they were in our yard but no prints this morning.

I'm searching for a place in St. Augustine for first two weeks of May.

• mizpaden74
    Options
    Is St Augustine where you have gone before? I have seen pictures of it and it looks lovely.

I had originally planned to take off Thursday and Friday but I think I will only manage Friday. Things were such a mess yesterday and I had only had the one day gone. It’s so disgusting listening to people in management talking about how things are just fine without Michele and how they don’t need to replace her. I mean it’s been less than a month. They haven’t been through a month end, quarter end or fiscal end. It’s not going to be a cliff, it’s going to be like sand through an hour glass. And yes it’s happening because I have seen the emails about excess inventory increases, turns decreasing and overall inventory increases. It’s just starting. Amber told me she heard they are going to dissolve our team. I’m so sad and scared.

Of course it’s not like I have anything else good to cling to. I thought all those years of pouring everything into my family would be worth it. And I’ve got one in the basement and the other throwing away the opportunity to get a good education. A parenting loser for sure.

Hang in there. You are making great progress. You can do it!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I know you feel down right now with a lot coming at you from work and home. Figure out what you can control. Work is going to happen however they want it to. Either go with their changes or seriously start looking and take a stepping stone job with some upward mobility if there is one. Michele found something, you can too. Change can be healing and rejuvenating. As for the boys, you have done your part and you are a good Mom. They are in transition and need to figure this next phase out on their own. You can't do that for them. Their motivation has to come internally. Please don't beat yourself up. None of what is happening is your fault although I know you feel you failed. You didn't!!!!!

I'm feeling down too. One week post surgery tomorrow. I've made some little changes but PT is going to tell me I am behind, I think. I haven't been able to stay on the knee bender for extended periods of time. Hopefully that improves.

Russ is going to Traverse City today to do errands. My sister Lynn is coming over to sit with me for a bit.

Have a nice Wednesday.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    It is/was easier for Michele since there are actually quite a number of open jobs for scheduling, planning, supply chain and things like that. I don't know any of that. Others in the team may do scheduling, forecasting, etc - but that's not me. I mainly just handle transactions that are in error, running programs and taking care of the scanning side that turns into the files that go to payroll. So, not technically payroll, but critical to allow payroll do payroll. There is no apples to apples for me. A payroll job would be close, but I can't say I have experience processing payroll because I don't. I have never done forecasting, scheduling or planning. I do look all the time, but it just adds to my terror when I can't see anything that I could fit into. Yes, I can learn anything - but everybody wants you to have a base level of knowledge.

Perhaps you are a bit behind on PT, but keep going. It will come. Just keep swimming!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Here's hoping your home PT is going better. Heal baby heal!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I wish I had home PT. It's a *kitten* going down the steps and back up to get in the house. Russ takes me to PT.

I'm tired and had a restless night. The pill schedule did not do its thing last night. Last time I could get the opioids when running low. The doctor did send a new prescription in for me to go through next week, but the pharmacy doesn't want to fill it until tomorrow. Russ is stretching them out even though I do have some tramadal in my drawer from last time. I get the whole addiction thing but I just want relief when I need it and want to get off these asap. Being able to go to the bathroom normally would be nice but managing pain right now is more important to me. It's such a game. People who take these pills because of addiction, must have horrible digestion and elimination.

My appetite is decreasing due to the my discomfort. A cycle...

What is new with you and your family? Have you heard anything at work or did Z get an interview?

• mizpaden74
    Options
    I’m so sorry you are struggling with pain relief this time. What a nightmare.

None of Zach’s applications/résumé’s have turned into interviews yet.

I got a text from Brigen (current church music director) about singing for Maundy Thursday. I really want to, but have been avoiding church because it’s so hard to talk about anything going on right now. You see the others Zach and Caleb went to school with crushing school or starting careers. I know it’s not roses for other people but I feel like I have literally nothing positive to say so I just don’t want to have to say anything. But I know I have to get over it and committing to just one service/song would be a little easier to deal with. Maybe.

Here’s hoping today starts your big improvement! Heal!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Spoiler alert- I have decided to try to do the Maundy Thursday singing. I’m anxious, but excited.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Singing always brings you joy. Is there a regular singing opportunity for you at church? Choir? Give you a bit of interaction outside of your family and work but doing something you love.

I get it about having to answer questions about what kids are up to. I use to feel that way too when David dropped out of college and headed to AK, Jeff transferred colleges and I didn't know as much about his life then (more closer to his Dad at that time), and Rory graduating but deciding to work at the fence company while he pursued the solar training. Then I decided to frame it as such: The boys are finding their own way and passions. I hope what they choose to do in their lives brings them independence and joy. People usually respond pretty well to that and you find out many youngsters don't really know what they want these days.

Russ went to the pharmacy and grocery. I am in my recliner reading, dozing and catching up with FB and you. When he comes home he will help me with a shower and then I can progress to my exercises and knee bending machine. Last night, the machine started to feel good. I hope it feels good today. Becky and Lynn both mentioned stopping over this weekend. I hope they come separately and don't overlap by accident. They still barely talk to one another.

We got another week's worth of Hydrocodone. I know it is there if I need it but hope to start weaning down dosages by Tuesday/Wednesday. We will see how PT makes me feel.

I hope you have a nice weekend.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    I’m so glad that your night went better! Yes!