The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I hope everyone is doing well.

9/24 - Rode our bikes 12 miles to the next town. We stopped for breakfast, went into some stores and the farmers market. We ordered some bread for our company on Tuesday.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    Lazy, rainy weekend. On Saturday, Russ and I went to a shower door place to price the door. Wow! We are going to two more places after work today. I may need to rethink the type of door. We'll see.

We went to a small farmer's market yesterday morning and then to check out the new Hyvee grocery in our area. The afternoon was lazy, very humid outside.

Today is cool and the AC finally got turned off. Dewpoint below 40 so I'm happy and comfortable.

Eating too many sweets so I need to adjust that. It doesn't make me feel good but if they are there I may indulge.

My left knee doesn't hurt at all today but my right (worse knee) has some twinges when I walk. All in all the pain is less than 4 so a good day.

Glad to hear you are having fun with Isaac, Shirley.
    You are very busy, Marla.
    I've been donating to memorials and giving out sympathy cards to coworkers who've lost their parents. That time of year with the holidays looming I think.

We've decided to do a driving trip through the U.P 10/9 - 10/14 to see color and visit the upper shore on Lake Superior. I've not been east of Keewanau Peninsula so we will go all the way to the east at the Soo locks and back.

Busy day of appointments so need to get ready. I will make better choices today.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    busy weekend with soccer and church stuff - this week will be steaming along too -

soccer season is short and intense! more soccer, school stuff

logged food!!

waves at friends!
  • Shirley61
    edited September 2016
    Options
    It started out beautiful but now it is raining and they predict the next few days of rain.

I have an apt. tomorrow for a field vision test at the eye doctor and then our company will be along later in the day. They will be bringing their Australian Shepherd dog, Annie. Kathy will be bringing Isaac on Wednesday for an overnight. I hope he gets along with the dog, as they have two cats.

I was going to sign up for voice lessons from our choir director, but I am already going to miss the first 2 lessons so I opted out this year.

I tried the 1200 calorie plan for 2 weeks and didn't lose any weight. The same old lose a pound, gain a pound, like I am doing now. Back to South Beach Phase 1 today.

I will be busy with company the next few days so I might be MIA for a while.

9/25 - Rest day, no exercise
    9/26 - Walking 40 mins.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    tragic times around town - the 13 year old daughter of a former co-worker took her own life this weekend - and the 16 year old sister found her. There is connections to both of my kids due to their ages and friendships with others and general proximity. They are calling it a result of cyberbullying. So sad. TRAGIC. No words to say that will make it better or any sense. Just trying to talk to my kids and pray for all those hurting.

Continue to try to focus on overall health and well-being

HUGS my dear water cooler peeps. Hug your kids.
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    I stepped on the scales. WAY to close to a number I never wanted to see again. You would think that would vitiate me. Well it did. For about two days. Sigh.

So yesterday I was eating a gummy worm (something I should not have been) and I felt something on my tooth (the one that is mostly root canal) I thought it was just something stuck there. I brushed my teeth and it seemed fine. Well this morning I was brushing my teeth and when I brushed the inside I felt something, so I brushed a little harder and broke what was probably the last remaining part of the original tooth off. The worse part is my dentist is in Thursday to Saturday right now. I can't go to anyone else as my dentist lets me pay as I can. I know insurance will cover some of it, but I will still owe more. So I have to wait until Thursday. Thankfully I don't think there are any nerves left in that tooth as it's not bothering me.

I got a new phone! I had an offer for an additional $100 off if I upgraded my phone. So I did. To the iPhone SE. Cost to me? $0.00. Best price ever for a phone! I'm having fun with it tonight. To much fun. I got my apps re downloaded to it and my music uploaded. It's past 11 and I should really be in bed asleep but I just finished cleaning up my place! It needs to be clean as I have people coming over tomorrow to delivery the $10 desk I found. I finally have a desk again!(almost)

Marla - So sorry to hear that! Such tragic circumstances. Hugs to you and prayers for the family,

• jrbanta
    Options
    Another week flying by fast!
    Marla- I know how you feel about that girl. David and Rory had friends that died by their own hand due to bullying issues. It is tragic! These young teens don't realize that middle and high school are rough for many kids but it does not define who they will become. It's a miniscule part of life and a part of life most of us would not repeat if we had the opportunity. So sorry for your boys, their friends, and the family of the girl.

Shirley- Enjoy your company and Isaac. My doctor tells me that at my age (55) I shouldn't eat more than 1100 calories per day, but I've read if your body doesn't get enough calories to do what it needs to, then your metabolism slows down instinctively to keep you from starving. Not sure about this but I have read it. I know MFP guided goals sets me at around 1760 calories per day. I usually aim for a little lower since I'm not very active these days.

Ang- Sorry about your tooth. Was it already cracked? It's weird how we can eat something and a tooth falls apart. I hope you get an appointment this week. I'm glad you were able to purchase a new desk.

I'm officially losing my daily living skills. Yesterday I left the office for my 2pm home visit with a little boy. I arrived at the home, knocked on the door, and mom answered saying "you're an hour early". I said "it's a 2pm visit" and she said "it's 1:00". She was right! I don't know why I did that. I wasn't stressed leading up to it and looked at the clock when I left my office. I obviously can't tell time. I treated myself to retail therapy and bought two new tops after the visit to make me feel better.

Book club tomorrow eve and a coworker's party on Friday eve. Our handy man is starting tile work in bathroom on Saturday. Yay!

Have a nice night!
    Jenny

• Shirley61
    Options
    Marla - So sorry to hear of the young adult that took her life. Its even worse when your kids are close to them. I hope everyone heals after this tragic event. <3

Jenny - You are too young to have a senior moment :D Retail therapy always makes me feel better too.

Ang - Sorry about the tooth incident, I hope you can get it repaired ASAP. Let us know how you like
    the desk when it arrives. I have ordered a sweater coat and it is on the way and I hope I like it too.

Our company has gone now and we had a blast with Isaac, he is such a cute age right now. He didn't
    like "Annie" the australian shepherd and cried as soon as he arrived. He eventually calmed down and we
    had to keep Annie away from him at times. We now have a baby gate at the bottom of our stairs and we need one for the top too. He is so busy now and getting into everything. I decluttered the downstairs but not the upstairs so we need another gate for the next visit.

Dave is at the sailing club talking to the manager and I am cleaning up here and doing bed sheets and towels. I still need to do some dusting and hopefully get take out for dinner, tired of dishes after 3 days of company. :|

Shirley

• mizpaden74
    Options
    hope everyone is chugging along -

hugs!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    still logging food - not making downward progress but not gaining - so I need to examine and make sure I am being accurate enough in logging - and obviously adding exercise would help -but for now logging food is what I am managing.

hope all have a good weekend. Zach is going to go my my brother in law put up a grain bin tomorrow - should be interesting for all - I would like to cut back by front flowers they look ragged and maybe scrub my cabinetry

the weather is so beautiful!!!

hugs dear friends
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Rain here today so I went to Yoga class while Dave starts the garage floor. He is scraping first and then
    washing, sealing and then painting. He just told me it will be an all week job. My friend Donna wanted to do lunch next week but I cancelled, we still have to clean out the boat and get it ready for hauling out of the water.

Yesterday I went shopping and got some pictures for the upstairs bedroom and bought a Himalayan
    Salt Lamp for my meditation room. Its a plug in and has a dimmer switch.

Today just keeping track of my food and doing some ironing and maybe start a new book my daughter sent me, Intuitive Eating, authors Evelyn Tribole and Elyse Resch. They also wrote Healthy Homestyle
    Cooking.

9/27 - Company - no exercise, no logging
    9/28- Company - no exercise, no logging
    9/29- No exercise, cleaning up after company - started logging again
    9/30- Yoga class 75 mins. - logging
    10/1- Yoga class 75 mins. - logging

• jrbanta
    Options
    The sing-a-long party at my coworkers was a blast. There was a guitar player and he had kareoke mikes and lyrics on a screen for every song you can think of. We had fun singing along in groups. They had a bonfire and we all brought treats to share. Someone brought gummy bears soaked in Absolut Vodka. They were strong but tasted good. I only ate a few because I thought they could be dangerous.

Downstairs backsplash, floor tile and new shower fixtures are in! Scott returns tomorrow to grout the tile. It makes a huge difference to have the tile floor and backsplash. I love it! I can't wait for the upper bathroom to get started and then be done!

I went with my young coworker and cubicle mate to look at a town home she wants to buy. We drove around the area so she can see if she likes its surroundings. She's taking a second look at it tomorrow eve. Her Dad is an ex-cop so he's going with her. We went out to lunch and spent the afternoon together. She could be my daughter and she is such a sweetie!

Sore knees and tired tonight. Hot tub and then bed soon.

Shirley- so glad you are having fun with Isaac.
    Marla- great logging!

I've been lazy...

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    A lazy day, we got up late because we were tired. Its kind of humid here but cool if you can imagine that. We just finished dinner and now some TV and maybe reading.

I decorated the front entrance outside for autumn and it looks pretty good. Dave is still working on the garage floor. I started laundry today because tomorrow I have a doctor apt. so one step ahead.

October 2 - Rest day no exercise

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Same weather here Shirley. Hard to know how to dress for it.

Tiling is done in downstairs bathroom and looks very nice. Scott is making me new cabinet doors for the towel and medicine cabinet. Russ and I will take the door off the shower as soon as my JC Penney shower curtain arrives. Once the upstairs bathroom is done I will have the company come in and resurface the downstairs shower. Scott will begin reno of upstairs bathroom in beginning two weekends from now. We will go on our U.P. trip and then when we get back he will begin.

I sat in the hot tub this morning, talked with the neighbor over the fence, did some reading, laundry, changed sheets on bed but never did my paperwork.

Right now I have a stomach ache so hope its just digestion and not an illness coming on.

One more work week and two weeks off! Can't wait!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    sounds like a great weekend for you ladies.

did yard clean up and my legs are killing me! Zach spent the whole day Saturday helping with the grain bin - but then refused to get up Sunday for church even though he was supposed to sing - I am disappointed but not surprised - he is like me - he needs a schedule (not just a work until it's too dark to see) and enough time to recharge before his next thing - I know a lot of people think we are just lazy - but I truly believe the personality functions are real - I think I am a INFJ and and highly sensitive person - Zach is somewhat similar - and while we enjoy some people too much is too much and we cease functioning -

congrats on the reno progress Jenny!

Shirley - I bet your decor looks amazing!

Waves
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I had a doctor apt. this morning with the dermologist, she had to refreeze a spot on my ear that didn't
    take the first time. I also had a brown spot removed on my temple, I had to pay for that because it was cosmetic. It takes about a week for the spot to fall off.

After that we went to the outlet mall and Dave bought a new jacket for our NYC trip which is coming up
    this Tuesday and I bought a pair of sketchers also for the trip. We still have to see if it will rain or be sunny so we know what jackets to take. Then to the boat and put things away and brought things home for the winter. One more night on board for our TomTurkey party then it will go on the cradle for the winter.

Canadian Thanksgiving this coming weekend, usually celebrated on Monday but our dinner will be on Sunday. Kristina and John are coming and my MIL. Kathy, Fraser and Isaac are going to the other
    grandparents. They have sold their house so Fraser wants to spend as much time there as he can.
    It was the family cottage on a lake.

We are leaving for NYC on Tuesday, day after Thanksgiving so it will be a busy week coming up.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I never did my paperwork yesterday so I've been working all evening. Done now.

Marla- what's an INFJ? Highschoolers need sleep so Zach seems to know his body. Good for him! I get overwhelmed by too many people also. Even at my own family gatherings growing up I needed to leave the room when it got too loud and crazy. It happens at work too. There are so many of us and when they put us all in one room for meetings (small room), I feel claustrophobic and over stimulated.

Shirley- Have fun in NY. Boating season over already, can't believe it! Fastest summer on record. Enjoy your Thanksgiving.

Well I'm going to take some time to relax and not type. Sleep well!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Stands for: Introversion (I), Intuition (N), Feeling (F), Judgment (J

But the INFJ is as genuinely warm as they are complex. INFJs hold a special place in the heart of people who they are close to, who are able to see their special gifts and depth of caring. INFJs are concerned for people's feelings, and try to be gentle to avoid hurting anyone. They are very sensitive to conflict, and cannot tolerate it very well. Situations which are charged with conflict may drive the normally peaceful INFJ into a state of agitation or charged anger. They may tend to internalize conflict into their bodies, and experience health problems when under a lot of stress.

NFJ is a natural nurturer; patient, devoted and protective. They make loving parents and usually have strong bonds with their offspring. They have high expectations of their children, and push them to be the best that they can be. This can sometimes manifest itself in the INFJ being hard-nosed and stubborn. But generally, children of an INFJ get devoted and sincere parental guidance, combined with deep caring.

In the workplace, the INFJ usually shows up in areas where they can be creative and somewhat independent. They have a natural affinity for art, and many excel in the sciences, where they make use of their intuition. INFJs can also be found in service-oriented professions. They are not good at dealing with minutia or very detailed tasks. The INFJ will either avoid such things, or else go to the other extreme and become enveloped in the details to the extent that they can no longer see the big picture. An INFJ who has gone the route of becoming meticulous about details may be highly critical of other individuals who are not.

The INFJ individual is gifted in ways that other types are not. Life is not necessarily easy for the INFJ, but they are capable of great depth of feeling and personal achievement.

pretty sure they cull that from the 'meyers-briggs' assessment -
  • Shirley61
    edited October 2016
    Options
    My tablet is going wonky but just settled down. I don't know if its this site or my tablet, never happened before.

So far this autumn has been starting out great, another sunny and warm day. Just cool enough but warm in the sun. I did a bike ride today while Dave has started painting the spots in the garage. What a project! We have 2 car garage so its big and he is doing this all himself. The paint color which my SIL picked out is lighter than we had before, but who cares its a garage and will get dirty again anyway.
    Choir tonight.

I am reading a new book "INTUITIVE EATING" and boy can I relate to this as many constant dieters can.
    It all about put the scale away and get back to what your body feels as far eating all foods. Stop
    not eating foods that are considered good or bad and just eat what you feel you desire and portion control will take care of itself. Forget about losing weight for now and put it on the BACK BURNER.
    I am all for this since I am sick of dieting and have been since the age of 25. Now let my mind and body do it naturally. I know it sounds wonderful, I am only on Page 65 and it goes to Page 319. I have more
    to learn but I am going to try this method. None of my plans are working and have not been for a while now. My daughter put me on to this book and I am glad she did. Will keep you informed.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Apple picking with mom and dad. Fraser will be making pies for thanksgiving.

mxbl1v7h0i39.jpg