The New Water Cooler

Options

Replies

• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    thought I was feeling better yesterday - junk moving into my chest overnight - siggghhhh - no bueno - maybe by Sunday I will either feel better or can go in and get meds
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Marla - I hope you feel better today, forget the exercising until you feel better. I know when i am sick I eat all the wrongs foods, comfort foods, and exercise goes way down. You will get there. I too start
    choir on September 20th and cough up $180 for the season.

Jenny - I see you are back to work and keeping up your steps. With the weather changing and the humidity gone today the motivation comes back and the good eating. You too will get there once the kids are in school and things settle down again.

We are leaving tomorrow for our last cruise early in the morning and the weather is supposed to be
    good for the weekend. We brought our bikes to ride too. I made it to yoga class this morning and it felt so good when I go and stretch these old bones. I am all packed and tonight we are getting Mexican food, I know not low in calories, but I don't have to cook, bonus!

Enjoy Labor Day weekend!

Aug. 31 - Yoga 75 mins.
    Sept 1 - Walking 45 mins.
    Sept 2- Yoga 75 mins.
    Sept 3- Sailing 5 hour trip

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,275 Member
    Options
    I had today off and took a walk at the dog park with the dogs. It's been a beautiful day. Russ and I went out and looked at tile tonight and then to dinner. I'm having a hard time deciding on tile for our bathroom (shower and tub wall and shower floor, backsplash) and choosing a floor tile for the downstairs bathroom. I just want this project done! Hopefully by mid October if I'm lucky.

Nice long weekend ahead. We are going to visit a winery we've not been too and possible drive up north for a day.

I hope you feel better Marla and happy sailing Shirley.

I was not good with my eating this past week. Went out to lunch with coworkers at least twice and a couple of dinners out. Budget busters!

Jenny
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Hi ladies. I've been feeling like I've been running in circles and getting no where. Last week was mostly work and sleep. I had 16 property transactions I closed on last week. I've never closed that many in a week before!! I started the day with about 3 days of over time hours. I now have just over 4 days over of over time hours. I was a little busy. Yesterday was my first run in a week. I tried to get out today but I'm lacking energy today. I hope to get out later tonight.

I cannot believe it's September all ready! Where has the summer gone??!! Schools for the kids up here starts on the 8th. The college kids are starting back now. With school starting back up, traffic getting into work will get a lot heavier. I'm debating about catching the earlier bus. It's hard to judge as you have no idea what traffic will be like that early in the morning and there is usually no traffic reports by the time I head out. I catch a bus at 7:05am.

Healthy eating and working out is basically non existent. I haven't stepped on the scales and I'm afraid to. I know I'm not doing good as I feel sluggish. Didn't help last week with such a busy work week. I need to do better. Healthier eating and exercise gives me so much more energy. I need motivation and drive back. I have a gym membership I am not using and a half marathon in only 12 days. I need help.

• jrbanta
    Options
    Ang- You sound very busy. Get caught up on sleep and then set a schedule on your calendar for running. Plan ahead for your meals a few nights per week. If something comes up, move the meal to another night that same week. I hope you get your mojo back.

I think we have the tile figured out, hopefully. Please let this project move forward and get done soon. I'm tired of home projects.

Big lightening and thunder storm last night. Our dog, Maggie, was scared to death and didn't sleep much. I'm surprised she did not jump on the bed out of fear. We don't let the dogs sleep in our bed and don't want them to even when scared.

I hope your sailing was fun Shirley. Are you feeling better Marla?

Back to work tomorrow and an all day training with a lot of sitting. Ugh!

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    back to reality - and finally feeling better! I lost the whole weekend to feeling terrible, but at least I think I am over it -

busy week with activities ramping up - choir, youth group, Zach starts this weekly career expo in Omaha (surprised he wanted to do it - glad, but it will mean us driving to the city once a week in rush hour traffic, yuck), soccer and piano starts.

short week - will be busy - hopefully all will be and stay well!

let's go ladies!!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla, good to hear you are on the mend.

Jenny, Renovating is no fun but the end results is what makes it all matter.

Ang - Your mojo will return when the its gets cooler. Go Ang! you can do this.

We had a fabulous weekend plus weather. Our trip there was no fun, lots of rolling and waves so made for a queasy stomach when I got there. Pot luck dinner that night with the theme of Super Heroes, I went as Wonder Woman and Dave as Batman. Just t-shirts and masks for us no slinky stuff for me. LOL We headed back on Monday and it was a great sail back and sunny all the way.

Now back to getting this summer weight off seriously.

Sept. 4 - 95 mins. walking
    Sept. 5- Sailing home

Shirley

• angf0679
    Options
    Shirley - It's not cooler tonight!! Sunday night's run was so cool and refreshing. It's nearly 8pm and the feel like temperature is 31. Ugh. You can feel the humidity. I"m hoping it will cool down some once it's dark out.

Jenny - I have been!!! Today at work was so quiet and slow it was wonderful! I got through two of my "when I have time to get to it" piles. I start tackling the other two tomorrow. It feel weird this week to only have one property transaction after the 16 from last week!

Oops. My alarm was still set for 4:30pm from my Sunday afternoon nap. I overslept. However, I still got out the door on time to catch my bus. However, I got to the bus terminal and realized I didn't have my phone and I needed to go home and get it. I knew I could catch the next bus and still make it to work on time. However, that bus was 5 minutes late leaving and the driver stopped at one point and got off the bus, disappeared into a restaurant and came back a couple minutes later. Then we ran into traffic. College students are back and well so is the traffic. Needles to say I was late. At least the rest of the day was better!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Hello

Another humid day and staying inside to get some things done. Mostly dusting and laundry. I had Yoga this morning and my lower back was okay due to my fall on the boat. Yes..I fell trying to get my bottle water closer to me to reach and we hit a wave and down I went and hit the side of the boat. A nice long bruise on the edge of my butt. Lots of padding there, but it did get my lower back out of whack. I have an apt. on Friday for an adjustment and I should be better.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    logged food!!

ouch Shirley - feel better!

glad you are getting caught up Ang -

Hi dear J!!
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    logged food!!

just keep swimming luvs
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Marla, sounds like you are on the mend and back at tracking. Yay!!

Jenny - how are the renovations going or shouldn't I ask. :)

Ang - Good to hear from you and how is the mojo going?

Lunch today with a past coworker from the US, so border crossing for me. Construction is still going on and different routes again every time I go. Unfortunately this will be going on for a while now. Makes having lunch with friends more challenging.

It is still humid today and rain is promised later today, I hope so. I walked this morning and peeled off my clothes.

I have a new friend on MFP a sailing friend of mine. B)

Sept. 6 - No exercise but did log food.
    Sept. 7- Yoga class 75 mins. -logged food
    Sept. 8- Walking 35 mins. - logged food

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

An early chiropractor apt. trying to get my back in order again from the boat fall. I made another one for Tuesday.

We are going to the boat today to get the head (toilet) pumped out and then I don't know what the day will bring.

No exercise so far but still logging.
    Up 2.6 pounds and not happy. :s

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    feel better Shirley - I am eeking closer to my last posted weight - so while I am ever so slowly going down - nothing I can 'claim' yet -

logged food!

lets have an awesome weekend!!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I haven't taken my computer home from work this week until today. I've missed some log ins! I was tired in the evenings and went to bed at 8:30 two nights this week.

My niece is engaged! This will be her second marriage but hopefully issues from her first marriage won't occur in this one. She's 36. I haven't met Mike, her fiance, yet. Everyone loves him so I'm anxious to meet him. I think they are having a quiet ceremony this fall and then having a party to celebrate with everyone next summer. Another niece is getting married in June. Then all the nieces will be married but none of the young men (my sons or my sister's).

Tomorrow I'm going to a former coworker's lake house for an afternoon of swimming, picnic and boating. I haven't been able to go to her gathering the last two years so I'm making a point to go tomorrow. She may not hold it next year since she changed jobs and went to a different school district this past August.

Shirley- I've picked out all the tile for both bathrooms. Our handyman/carpenter can't begin the job until the first weekend in October now. Bummed! I really want this to move forward. Originally he said mid September. His wife's father died and the funeral is next weekend so they've had other things going on. We need to order tile now so we have it ready to go. Sorry you fell and hurt yourself. My weight is not good either. I weighed this morning and was up so very disappointed.

Marla- Glad you are making baby steps and nice logging! I haven't exercised but my step tracker says I walk about 2.5 miles per day. I know I need to get in at least 5 miles (10,000 steps) but my knees don't like it.

Ang- Glad this week is more manageable. I hear you on the heat and humidity. Same here in MN. Next week some fall temps are coming, yay!

Well time for dinner...
    Jenny

• jrbanta
    Options
    Perfect weather day yesterday for the lake party at my friend's house. What a cute place! Perfect for a couple with one child or retirement. Very expensive real estate on that lake so not in our budget but it was fun to spend the day there. We relaxed on her lake patio with appetizers and cocktails. Her husband made us drinks called "pain killers" from the Virgin Islands that had rum, coconut juice, etc. and topped with Nutmeg. Very good! The best was the watermelon infused with watermelon vodka. They took us for a sunset cruise on their cabin cruiser boat and we were able to listen to an outdoor concert of music from my era of high school.

The weather is beautiful again today and will be this week, yay! I have a very busy work week coming up with students and just added another appointment to my list. My team mate on one child has a crisis at home. Her mother was just put on hospice and she has to be there. She was starting visits with this new child this week but now I will go in her place. I will be running tomorrow and every day until Thursday.

Hope you all had a good weekend.
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Jenny - Looks like you are back at it again with work. Its hard getting in the exercise when you are tired but that is the best time to keep you motivated. Have you thought about joining a gym for the Fall?
    This way you can work out after work and then its done. Just a suggestion.

Marla- At least your scale is going down, mine did go down yesterday a little. Now to keep it going down.

Ang - Hi

We had a rain storm last night with lightening and tornado warnings but not in our area, another part of Ontario.

Our humidity was down today and we biked 12 miles and it was glorious. We stopped for breakfast/lunch then headed back.

I have booked a 2 hour Yoga class tonight so that should be relaxing.

Sept. 9 - Walking 35 mins.
    Sept 10- Walking 35 mins.
    Sept 11- Biking 12 miles + Yoga 120 mins.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Shirley

• mizpaden74
    Options
    logged food and got some activity this weekend - I thought the scale would be more bueno this morning - must press on!!!

Great activity Shirley
    Good luck with your busy-ness J - good on you that you can help out a teammate going through tough times

Keep swimming ladies!!

Hi Ang!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Laundry day for me and got my hair cut this morning. Another beautiful low humidity clear skies day.

I started the 1200 calorie plan so far so good. I hope I can stick with it.

Sept. 12 - No exercise - rest day - logging food

Shirley
  • angf0679
    Options
    I logged my food yesterday and stayed under my goal! Can't say the same for today. Not logging as I know I will be over. The chocolate ice cream in front of me does that (That or the yummy dinner I had) I find if I don't do something to work out, I don't eat right.

There was no run today as I overslept. Then I got home so late because of gridlock traffic all around the city I was hungry and needed to eat. Not good with a race only 4 sleeps away!