Options

Replies

• Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Oct 4 - Biking 11 miles
    Oct 5 - Yoga today 75 mins.

Stopped logging and using the Intuitive Eating book.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Yoga today and another beautiful day and feels like summer without the humidity.

After being on this site for 6 years now, I actually feel liberated not posting my food. I am still posting my exercise and any other activties. I am not going to log for 2 weeks and see how the weight is coming, weight loss is taking the back burner right now. Eating when hungry only, if eating when not hungry, figuring out why I am eating if not hungry. This is a process that will take a while, it feels so weird not posting my food, but it also makes me think more about what I put in my mouth. This may take me months but the results will be getting back to a normal weight. B) Still reading the book.
    I am only sharing this on this thread so you guys are the only ones I will share this with.

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,727 Member
    Options
    you can do it Shirley!!!
  • Shirley61
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The painting of the garage is not going well, Fraser, our son in law gave us two bases instead of a
    base and an activator so long story short its not drying any where it was painted. So a call was made this morning and Dave is meeting Fraser somewhere about an hour or more from us, to give us the activators to mix with the base so he can paint and it will dry. This has been going on since Saturday when Dave started washing it down and sealing all the spots. All before Thanksgiving and our trip to New York City.

Thanks for the encouragement Marla, it feels so liberating and so far I am eating less so far. Not on purpose just eating when I feel I need energy or hungry. This feels wierd for me but my obsession food will stop and I can eat everything and not feel guilty. Another feeling that will take time.

Today is getting organized for our trip and picking up some things to pack.

Walked - 60 mins.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,274 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm here. Busy week and we are leaving for our road trip on Sunday. Shirley I'll have to check that book out. It may be a good match for me too. Let me know how it works for you as you move forward. Cute picture of Isaac! Hansom little guy!

Marla- That INFJ doesn't fit me. It does sound like a personality profile. Is it Myers Briggs?

I was out late last night for a play. It took place during the 1961 civil rights movement in Alabama and Mississippi. Long, but well done.

My oldest sister, the one I'm closest to, is very sick and in the hospital. She went in to the hospital a week ago after experiencing constant, terrible back pain and antibiotics from Urgent Care (treating kidney infection she didn't have) didn't do anything to decrease the pain. She went to emergency room and they admitted her after detecting a bacteria in her bones. So with this bone infection she had to be admitted to determine what it is and give her antibiotics. She's still in there. Many CAT scans and MRI's detected it started in a valve in her heart. I haven't been able to call her because she is miserable and medicated. The latest report says the infection has caused abcesses on her spine but the bacteria is gone from her blood and heart. Now the spine is the concern. If the abcesses grow larger they need to do surgery. If they don't time the surgery right and they grow to big, she could become paralyzed from the waist down. I'll know tomorrow if surgery is going to be needed. I'm worried and scared. I would think surgery brings in more risk for infection but without it she would become paralyzed. Not a good scenario. I just hope her body is strong enough to survive surgery if she has it. Any prayers or positive thoughts would be helpful. Her name is Lynn.

Well of course I have paperwork to do. Tomorrow is my last day of work for 2 weeks. So happy about that.

Sleep well friends!
    Jenny

• angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Hi Ladies *waves*

This week has gotten insane! I was asked to be in the play portion of the Christmas Cantata at my church. I"m portraying a college student who plays a sheep on a radio broadcast. We had a first rehearsal on Tuesday night. There was a lot of laughter! Especially as we all have to try to sound like a sheep, donkey, cow or dove! When I got home I was up to 1:30am. There was no way I was going to bed when the Jays were playing a do or die game!!! And they did it!! (And did they ever dominate tonight's game!!!) I was screaming into my pillow as it was 1am and I didn't dare wake my landlords/neighbors above me!! I was a zombie yesterday at work. Last night I got home at 9, ate a piece of blueberry pie and went to bed!

I am coming at you tonight from my office!!! My pastor and one of the men in my church delivered it. My office finally looks like an office! I have this picture of one of my favorite Jays players that I finally know where I am going to put it - right above my desk.

I got my tooth fixed. Could have cost me about $415. Thanks to insurance I only had to pay $85! So love finally have insurance to pay for what I need to get done at the dentist. They said my gums were growing over already the part that broke off. I'm starting to think that little piece was loose already and just sitting there. My gums were growing in around it and finally just pushed it out. That tooth is 95% (now about 98%) filling/root canal. He's been wanting to put a crown on it, but with a price tag of $1,100 I couldn't afford it. My insurance will cover half of it. I have an appointment on the 17th to start the process. Not sure where I will come up with what the insurance won't.

One more day of work and it's the long weekend!! I'm hosting Thanksgiving for the first time as I finally have a place big enough for my whole family. That means I need to cook the turkey - I've never cooked a turkey before! He's still in the freezer and comes out tomorrow to start the thaw process. I might have to convince my sister-in-law to come over earlier to help me get it started!

Hope you ladies are all doing well. I have a dishes to wash and then I need to get to bed.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    enjoy serving your first Thanksgiving! have fun

Jenny - yes, I think it is Meyer Briggs - prayers for your sister and you - be well

Hi Shirley!

going bananas that my basement looks like an episode of Hoarders.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Done with work for two weeks! I didn't get some of the paperwork done today because of too many meetings. I brought it home and may or may not get to it. I got into my pj's early and have been relaxing, reading and watching tv. Russ is working the second job he was hired for at Menards. He plans to put in for his retirement at the school district this year but wanted a retail, fun job to go to when retired. So he has started his big plan.

My sister's abcess has gotten bigger and she is feeling tingling in her feet. Surgery will be early tomorrow morning. I hope they've timed it right so she does not become paralyzed. The neuro surgeon told her without the surgery she will never walk again. However the dangers of surgery are she could die during surgery, become paralyzed anyway if something goes wrong or have a positive result. Nice bedside manner and communicating with your patient. Could have softened it a little, I think!

I'm worried. She's going in to the surgery in very poor health. I've said prayers for healing and survival.

Lots to accomplish tomorrow. Cleaning, packing, errands...

Have a nice night!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Jenny So sorry to hear about your sister, she will be in my thoughts. <3 Enjoy your time off and have fun on your trip.

Marla Most basements I think look like hoarders, it seems to be the dumping ground for junk.
    Maybe a garage sale or charity is the answer. Good luck on your cleaning out.

Ang I too am getting ready for Thanksgiving, I made stuffed shells and baked a pumpkin spice cake. All done today so I am ready for tomorrow. I hope your dinner goes well.

My daughter Kristina is here and her boyfriend will be joining us tomorrow. We went for a nice long walk and chatted and got caught up. We are ordering a vege pizza tonight and no cooking for me. Yay!

I am getting all my clothes ready for our trip but haven't packed yet. We are leaving Tuesday by train and our friend Tom will be taking us to the train station.

Shirley
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Busy day with errands. Russ and I went out for breakfast and then picked up dog food and meat bones for the dogs at the kennel. We went to Walmart to buy some things we needed and then shopped for jeans and fleece at Duluth Trading Co. We treated ourselves to an early dinner at Red Lobster and then came home to finish laundry. All floors are vacuumed and mopped, bathrooms are clean. I like coming home to a clean house. We leave tomorrow and will drop dogs at kennel at 11am and head northeast to Michigan's Upper Peninsula. It should be beautiful color and temps are suppose to be in the 50's and 60's during the day. Perfect!

They did not take my sister in to surgery until 11:30am. My niece and brother got to the hospital before 5:30am because she was scheduled to have surgery at 7:30am. She was suppose to be first surgery of the day. I wonder if there was an emergency surgery that pushed hers back. Long day for my family and it must have been hard for Lynn to wait so long. She was in massive pain. I hope the surgery was successful. All I know is it went fine and she's out of recovery. Not sure what happens next.

I've been looking for a couples Halloween costume for Russ and I to wear when we go to a party at end of the month. We may be cat burglars. Easy, cheap costumes. Wear all black, black gloves, black watch cap/mask, and carry a bag of fake money and jewels. Seems easy and not much to pull together.

Well I still need to pack but list is made and all clothes are clean. I'll be in touch but I know cell service and WiFi will be sketchy in parts of the U.P. I'll check in when I can.

Happy Weekend! Happy Canada Thanksgiving Shirley and Ang!
    Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Jenny - I hope you get positive news about your sister and have a good break!

Shirley - I had veggie pizza Friday night too - so good I was so starved

supposed to have a make up game for soccer tonight - not really in the mood - just ready for it to be over - they are playing so poorly - it's not fun

keep on chugging!!
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Kristina and John left this morning, we took them to the Go Train and dropped them off. Thanksgiving was a success we had my MIL and BIL too. Everyone is gone now and now on to packing. Our train comes at 7:20 am so we have to be across the border and ready to hop on. Going to finish packing today and cleaning out the fridge for the week. Getting excited!!

I will have Wi Fi and hope to post pictures on Facebook.

See you ladies when I get back. NYC here we come!!

Shirley
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I made my first turkey dinner! I think it was a success. I also think it was enough to be breakfast, lunch and supper!! I was wanting to get a long run in this morning, but with the wind and heavy rain, I chickened out. The rain has let up somewhat but it's still very windy. I do need to get a workout in, I feel desperate for one. I'm thinking my office/craft room is about to turn into my workout room as well! One thing about this place I have found is that even with my exercise mat, these floors are hard to get down on to do floor exercises. I miss having carpet!!

I did have one scary point when making dinner - the power flickered! I panicked! The turkey wasn't done at that point. Thankfully it stayed on, though there are several in the province who have lost their power. I can only hope those that lose power didn't have turkeys in the oven when it went out!

Shirley - Happy Thanksgiving!!

Jenny - Praying your sister is doing well.
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    congrats on the successful dinner Ang - yay you!

in honour of the holiday for you - I am THANKFUL for all of you and your support and friendship!

Go us!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    We are back home now. Arrived around 1pm, went and did some errands for the bathroom reno and picked up the dogs. I've read your posts. I'm glad Canada Thanksgiving was great and Ang's turkey made it through the cooking cycle. That would have been so disappointing to lose power when your hosting the dinner. I'm sure you are ready for a slower schedule Marla. You've been running since May. Any break in your future?

How was New York Shirley?

Our trip was fun. We saw beautiful Fall color in the upper Peninsula. The north side on Lake Superior is very remote and very beautiful. We took a boat trip through the Soo Locks between the U.S. and Ontario. We went to Whitefish Point and visited the shipwreck museum, lighthouse, and Tequamenon Falls. Beautiful! We stayed the longest (two days) in Munising hoping to take a boat tour on Lake Superior and see the Pictured Rocks National Lakeshore. The cruise was cancelled both times we wanted to go due to weather so it didn't happen for us. I managed to get a couple of photos at the scenic overlook in the pouring rain and high winds. Maybe another time in the future.

We drove through Marquette (beautiful city) and stayed in Ashland, WI last night. On the way home we drove through Bayfield County Wisconsin near the Apostle Islands. Absolutely gorgeous place. Reminded me of my county in Michigan.

Our handyman comes tomorrow morning at 8am to begin tear down of upstairs bathroom. Yay! I imagine it will take at least the week to get it done. Hopefully not much longer. We still have to measure and order the shower door but can't do that until tileing is done.

We ate way too much and too often on the trip. Time to watch my calories!

Have a good night!
    Jenny

• jrbanta
    Options
    We were up by 6:30 to clear bathroom of counter stuff, rugs, towels, shampoo, etc. Scott arrived at 8am and he and Russ started demo on the bathroom. It took all day but they got it done. Scott will return on Wednesday eve to begin putting in subfloor, shower base, and repair some plumbing. They found a slow leak behind the shower from the old shower head. Luckily no damage or mold had occurred. I'm glad they saw it! As much as I detest these home projects, we have found some shoddy work from our builder that Scott has been able to repair and improve.

I ordered the eye masks and money bags for our Halloween costumes. We just need black gloves and we are set. I think the $ store has the black knit gloves for $1. They will work.

Shirley- loved the photo of you on FB of you and Dave in Central Park. Beautiful! Hope you are having fun.

Are any of you participating in Halloween festivities this year? My least favorite "holiday" but I'll be a good sport and go to the Halloween party. I'm sure it will be fun. We won't win any originality awards but that's fine.

Tortilla soup tonight for dinner. Simple but good. Eating only two meals today. Letting my system get regulated after the trip.

Have a nice night.

Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Options
    We got back from NYC on Friday around 9:30pm and Tom picked us up at the train station. We had an 8 hour ride but it was relaxing and they had a cafe car where you could get sandwiches, beer, pop and snacks.

Our Air B& B was little disappointing, not as clean as I would have liked and small. No where to hang clothes. This was an apt. owned by a guy so it was as clean as a guy would do it. This is his personal apt. so things were locked or taped shut. We payed $140 a night, hotel was 350-400 a night.
    When we got there we took our first walk to Times Square and all the lights and people. I cannot conceive New Year's Eve there with all the people. Its pretty crazy. We stopped at the Hounds Tooth Pub and rubbed elbows with Annie Golden(Orange is the New Black).
    The next few days we toured Manhatten on a hop off, hop on, bus with a tour guide. Lots of information. We did a Rickshaw ride around Central Park with a tour and lunch at Tavern On the Green.
    We stood in line for tickets to Kinky Boots on Wednesday night. That night we had dessert at the Sugar Factory, pictures of celebrities on the walls. Thursday, we took the ferry to the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island. You could spend a whole day at Ellis Island. After that we did Top of the Rock (Rockafeller Center). Friday was our day to leave but we did go to Macey's which is 9 Floors high.

We had our last party at the sailing club last night, I really didn't want to go because I was so tired.
    We left really early after dinner and didn't stay for the band. I am still catching up on my sleep.

Jenny - I have more pictures so I will post some later on. I saw your pictures of your trip, you had some interesting trips and covered alot of places.

Hi to Marla and Ange!

Today finishing up laundry and cathing up on sleep!

Shirley

Top of the Rock
    y3hhv3lkk4v4.jpg
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    Jenny and Shirley quite the experiences you have both had recently - love seeing different places through your eyes!

work has been tough with getting ready for year end and some program issues and normal drama - Caleb had a meltdown yesterday because he thinks one of his teachers hates him because she keeps commenting that he needs to improve his handwriting - I don't think she hates him - his handwriting is messy and he is a lefty so I have a hard time trying to give correct ways to try to help - I googled yesterday and am going to order left hand specific writing sheets and sent his teacher an email letting her know that he is taking her words to heart and is trying to improve his handwriting - Zach stuck with his resolve to not go to homecoming - and it was really hard for me - I know, it's not about me - but I watched all those facebook pics and seeing no Zach and knowing that is likely going to cause him more social issues for not going - meh

A cousin of mine and his new wife had a baby I saw the pics on facebook and they put a tiara on her because everything is all about her princess theme - it was kind of weird - a tiara on a red wrinkly newborn -

Zach turns 16 in one week - yowz -

have an awesome day ladies!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    LOL Marla! A tiara? Watch out for the future. They must be very proud parents though. It's interesting when our boys make decisions not to participate in a high school even or sport. Two of my guys reflected and stated some regrets after they graduated. Jeff regretted he did not play football. David regretted not getting involved in more activities such as doing the talent show every year. Rory was fairly involved so I don't think he had any regrets.

Shirley- beautiful picture! I look forward to more on FB. Your trip sounds amazing. I've never been to New York and hope to someday. I hear it is very expensive. What did you find out about that?

Still on vacation from work. This morning I have a chiro appt and take my car for well check service at the dealer. There goes half a day or more. Big storm coming tonight and tomorrow will be cooler. Humid and low 70's today.

So ready for this election to be over. Can't happen fast enough!

Have a nice day!
    Jenny

• Shirley61
    Options
    Jenny- Are you on Instagram? I have 3 pictures from New York there. Yes it was expensive that is why
    we stayed only 4 days. We did have money issues because our money in Canada is low right now so we pay more when exchanged to US. You will pay the usual whatever it is. We did get deals on tickets
    to the show $85 dollars for two tickets normally over $200 a ticket. There are probably deals you can find if you research for them. We also took the train which was a little more than flying but less the hassle of picking up bags and taxiing to the apt.

Marla - I know Zach will regret his choice later in life. I never attended my graduation ceremony from business college because I listened to other people instead of just listening to myself. These are choices we make in life and you as a parent has to sit back and abide his choices. That is called Life.
    That is the hardest thing for a parent to do is watch their kids and their choices. Zach turns 16, where has time gone.

The tiara sounds really cute, but I would have to see what it looks like so I will not make any judgment.

I had a cortisone shot yesterday in my hand, it has been hurting and hard to bend. I have arthritis in my hands, so I thought a shot would do it. Today it really hurts so I am taking Advil and hopefully tomorrow it will be better.

Better go and take my walk before it rains, choir tonight.

Shirley