• mizpaden74
    mizpaden74 Posts: 3,725 Member
    Options
    TGIF - hoping to get on my machine three times (Fri, Sat, Sun) and eat well

Have a great weekend.
  • jrbanta
    jrbanta Posts: 4,271 Member
    Options
    Shirley- I hope you found a bathing suit. I don't like shopping for them. I tend to buy the tank suits at Costco for 16 dollars and call it a day. I rarely put one on anymore. If we were going on a trip like you to somewhere nice and I had lost weight, I would buy a nice one. You have a nice trip to look forward to. I will be careful with my knees since they hurt all the time anyway. I don't want to make them worse but do want to strengthen them.

Marla- Pinterest has easy recipes. Just search easy meals or quick dinners or something and see what comes up. You may find easy meal ideas. I love using a crockpot so when you get home the meal is ready. Cooking a beef or pork roast for 24 hours on low, shred it, and serve on a bun with bbq or some other condiments, coleslaw, raw veggies/fruit, and chips is always a good one. WTG on your machine!

Hi Ang!

Russ and I went to the gym for our first workout after work today. I took it slow and easy. I rode the bike for 5 minutes to warm up, then walked on the elliptical but I couldn't figure out the settings so the incline was too steep for my knees. I was trying to do a fat burning workout and the machine wouldn't let me change the settings. I got in about 4 minutes on that machine. The trainers were busy so I didn't ask anyone to help me. I moved on to the weight circuit machines to work arms and legs. I did circuit with 1-2 sets of 15 reps for each machine. Whole workout about 30 minutes. Just going to ease into it again. I want to go again on Sunday.

We bought a salad and fruit for dinner so we will eat lightly on exercise nights.

Yay for the weekend! Work is getting so micromanaged that I can't keep all the rules and procedures straight anymore. Nice to rest the brain on the weekend.

Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Gym this morning:
    10 minutes on elliptical
    Weights for biceps, triceps, shoulder, back
    Physical therapy exercises for my knees and general stretching.

Hope you all had a nice weekend. Rory left this afternoon. The week sure went fast. We had a nice prime rib Christmas dinner last night with Jeff and Rory. They opened their stocking stuffers and presents. We visited until mid evening and then Jeff had a gathering with high school friends he stays in touch with.

Nothing else new here. I'm reading my book club book "The Language of Flowers". Have any of you read it? It's starting out fairly interesting. The girl in the story spent her life in the foster system. She read anything she could on plants and flowers, learned their meanings... The story refers to Victorian times when courtship involved flowers and their meaning (red roses for love, yellow for infidelity, etc.) Anyway I think it will be a good read.

LIght snow falling, temps should rise this week before plummeting the following week.

Happy Sunday!
    Jenny
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    Our temperatures are supposed to rise this week too and we are supposed to get a day at 62F. What the heck!! No wonder people are sick.

Loved the Star Wars movie and enjoyed our jerk chicken dinner and popcorn at the show.

I did not find a bathing suit, hate shopping for them. Dave tried to help, but was getting on my nerves
    going through the racks trying to find sizes. :# He finally went to the car when I told him I could do it!
    He tries, I know but I like shopping with a girlfriend or by myself instead. I came home with no bathing suit and a sore knee from all the walking. :| I will try again this week at another mall.

We skyped with Isaac tonight, he is so busy running around all over the place, no time for grandma and grandpa but we did have a few laughs when he tries to talk to us. He always brings me books to the computer so I can read to him. He is so precious. o:)

Well we just finished dinner and I have dishes to do yet, so better get moving.

Have a good evening friends,

Shirley
  • angf0679
    angf0679 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Jenny - that sounds nicer then my gym! Everything is on your own. There's not even video classes like that.

Shirley - Enjoy the new Star Wars movie! I wish it wasn't only in theater. I love Star Wars but I dont go to movie theaters.

We got dumped on! Over a foot of snow fell last night. Church was cancelled this morning as it was still snowing a little bit and all the shoveling and street clearing that needed to be done. I took advantage of it and went back to sleep. I didn't get up until almost 11. As a result I've only had two meals - breakfast and supper. Now I find myself needing to snack to get my calories over 1000! I still need to eat something else and I"m not hungry. Sigh.
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I can't get in to MFP on my computer. Did they change the log in from user name to email? I assume I gave yo rejoin. Tried to ho in through FB but didn't work either. On my phone, not easy to write much. Don't expect long comments from me.

Enjoy your snow, Ang.
    62 Shirley? Nice!

Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    I had to open a new account even though my old one is there. Can't locate watercolor or join since closed group. I'll try to check in when I can via phone app.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    that's weird - and you can't get in the group?

http://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10272906/the-new-water-cooler#latest

how about if you put the URL in the header of your computer?
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    ugggghhhh - my clothes are so tight! :<(
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Mine are tight too. Horrible roads and weather this week. Tired... I need to exercise this weekend.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    happy that I have been getting on my machine - and trying to make the resistance harder and go a little longer - but still tight clothes and in a funk - kids are blue too - Caleb got put back on JV ball (won't be able to go to the cool Roundball tourney) and there are 12 on that team so playing time will be minimal too - and Zach is hiding something from - either grades or something with 'friends' - and his dad his killing all my driving work - he has told Zach three times in the last week he shouldn't drive - and I think he is freaking him out - I'm not saying love the thought -but he has to learn - dad needs to HELP not stop. Killing.me.
  • Shirley61
    Options
    What? it must be the weather or the month of January. It has been so gray out, temperatures in the 40's here lots of wind and rain.

Looked out the window to the backyard and couldn't see the fence. Yep its down on the ground, only half of it. I told Dave, poor guy, he just finished painting our kitchen and now he still has to do the cupboards. He said he will ask our neighbor Dennis to help him clear the fences that are down since Dennis paid half of the fence. We can no longer get the fence we have now so we will be constructing a new one in the Spring or summer. Always something!

I had my chiro apt this morning and now she is massaging the front of my knee since the the back
    of the knee is pretty much pain free. Unfortunately, now I am cringing from pain there. A long process but it will probably ease up too eventually. Now I have to ice it.

I will do restorative yoga tonight and then relax for the night.

Marla- I put on my black jeans they are tight too. You are not the only one. Exercise is not a problem with me, its eating too much. I just can't get a handle on this 1200 calories that the diet clinic wants me to do. I am doing 1400-1500 each day, this is just not working for me. I go to my doctor in March and I think I will tell him I will not go back. I am not learning anything I don't already know.

Just my opinion but the more Zach drives the better he will get, not less driving.

Shirley
  • Shirley61
    Options
    Morning,

Aqua fit class in 10 mins. and dinner tonight with friends from our sailing club.

Enjoy your day!

Shirley
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    they are calling for a tremendous ice storm this weekend - we are trying to make pre-plans for Monday - because that is our payroll day - and if it hits as bad as they say - we could be in trouble - if power goes down widely it will be a problem.

Fingers crossed it stays either rain or snow. And inch of ice could be pretty catastrophic

My nephew and brother-in-law are planning to drive down to the KC chiefs playoff game - worried for their safety!

Have a great weekend all - be safe!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Workout today:
    10 minutes stationary bike
    10 minutes elliptical
    15 minutes yoga fundamentals instruction and stretches.

I bought new cross trainer shoes today. Must have tried on a dozen pairs. Not crazy about my choice but best of lot. I saw movie Lion last night. Really good! Take Kleenex...

I hope your weather doesn't get bad Marla. Safe travels for your family.
    Do you like Aquafit, Shirley?

Off to bed to read my book.

Jenny
  • jrbanta
    Options
    30's here today. Beautiful! Tomorrow we get Marla's weather. I have tomor row off. Chiro and training session at gym.

Stay warm...

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    well the ice man cameth - it's pretty bad - made Bernie drive me to work - schools and daycares are closed - but plants don't generally close unless there is a major power outage or the lots are unpassable - it will be pretty quiet since many will take the opportunity to stay home if they can (the official stance is you have to use your judgement - and since it won't be 'counted' against their attendance - many will take the 'free' day

hope you don't get this Jenny -

supposed to be starting a wellness challenge (weight loss) at work today - still not feeling the mojo- need to - but just meh -

Caleb is supposed to have a game tonight - but guessing it is probably gonna get cancelled

stay safe and warm!
  • jrbanta
    Options
    Training session today with trainer. Good workout. I signed on to meet with a trainer once a week. I have to do this! I need to lose weight, inches, lessen my knee pain and get in shape.

Stay safe Marla. We d I don't get the ice. It went south of us.

Jenny
  • mizpaden74
    Options
    took the day off yesterday since I had to work so much this weekend and the first day of the storm - could have made it - chose to stay snuggled at home. The boys had another day off - we just hunkered on the couch and watched tv for the most part. It was nice. It will get to almost 40 today - so the drama should be mostly over except for the nightly re-freeze. The schools will be debating on if they need to make up time - as the high school supposedly did not build in any snow days due to taking days in March for the move to the new location. Stupid.

Glad to hear your sessions are going well Jenny. I have been on my machine all but two days out of the last two weeks. My weight hasn't dropped, but pleased with getting some consistent activity. Now to build in more and start dropping calories. Considering dropping the milk in my coffee. I LOVE my milky coffee, probably a hundred calories worth - I hate the lower calorie versions (almond milk) - may just try to go back to black. Drank it that way back in college. I always say I don't want to drink my calories. Also going to try making radishes a snack (I don't like them) -
  • Shirley61
    Options
    I just lost my post so I will try again. Grrr.

You both are doing well on your 2017 losing weight plan. I know what my problem is, my knee, and I haven't been cutting my calories like I should. I have an apt at the diet clinic next week and not looking forward to it. Thinking of quitting at my next doctor apt. not helping me at all. I am still logging food and at least I can do two activies where before I couldn't do any.

I went to yoga this morning and my knee will only let me go so far in some of the postures, I am feeling tightness, the pain has been much better. I really like the aqua fit classes and its a good workout.
    I am not biking or walking long distances like I used to until I know what it is.

I am making a recipe from Pinterest, pork chops and apples in the slow cooker.

Shirley