What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    I promised I'd show these - I made homemade gyros earlier this week, with 1/2 ground lamb and 1/2 beef, homemade tzaztiki sauce, and using low carb pita loaves (Joseph's Bakery)

ifo7cxyop3qd.jpg

5nuflznig13a.jpg

o4offsjkrm63.jpg

au4f9q3qfe29.jpg

k2cry1j64jyn.jpg

6dp158q9iy2o.jpg
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    I accidentally walked in here, and was unable to sneak back out. Like...DDAAAAAAMMMNN!
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    IKR? Can I get one of each...on a plate? Like, right now? I just got up an hour ago and need breakfast!
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    #CleanPlateClub
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I haven't checked this thread in a while. So inspiring! Thank you to everyone who shared. This helps with my "bored with LCHF"/in a rut issue. (I have a massive Pinterest board of recipes but for some reason this thread is speaking to me a lot more.)
  • supergal3
    supergal3 Posts: 523 Member
    Options
    @Gallowmere1984 Recipe for above? Looks sort of like spinach pizza or quiche? Have you ever frozen individual slices?
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    F--- yeah, cast iron!

I would also like a recipe/method
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    It looks like this one: http://www.ruled.me/keto-white-pizza-frittata/

I was drooling over that recipe a few days ago, now @Gallowmere1984 has me drooling again! Definitely have to make that one.
  • LauraCoth
    LauraCoth Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Some of these are impressive. And yummy-looking. I may have to start cooking again; right now I'm in a phase where I slap meat on the BBQ or into a cast-iron pan, make a salad, and cook the Spousal Unit a potato, since he weighs about 3 pounds soaking wet.
  • Gallowmere1984
    Gallowmere1984 Posts: 6,626 Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    MyriiStorm wrote: »
    It looks like this one: http://www.ruled.me/keto-white-pizza-frittata/

I was drooling over that recipe a few days ago, now @Gallowmere1984 has me drooling again! Definitely have to make that one.

That is precisely the recipe for what I posted. Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. It's been a ridiculous couple of days.

ETA: no, I've never frozen it. I just put them in the fridge in individual containers, and grab one when I want it. I can tell you from experience though, that even just under normal refrigeration, it's still just fine, even two weeks later.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    sure! The smell & flavor is incredible. This is the recipe I used (ended up using ground veal, store didn't have plain ground pork):

Gyoza Meatballs from Well Fed 2
    Serves 2-4 | Prep 10 min | Chill 20 min | Cook 20 min | Whole30 approved
    Meatballs:
    1/4 pound shitake mushrooms, stemmed and finely chopped
    1/8 head green cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
    1 tablespoon coconut aminos or homemade substitute (I use low-sod soy sauce)
    1 pound ground pork
    1/2 cup water chestnuts, minced
    2 scallions, very thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
    1 tablespoon chopped chives (dried or fresh)
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon powdered ginger
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
    2 tablespoons warm water
    1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda

NOTE: Why cream of tartar and baking soda? Traditional ground meat recipes are usually tenderized with breadcrumbs. I use a cream of tartar/baking soda combo to keep the meat light and juicy, with a nice, crisp exterior.

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, cabbage, and coconut aminos to the pan; cover and steam until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside until cool to the touch.

In a large mixing bowl, place the cooled vegetables, pork, water chestnuts, scallions, chives, salt, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, sesame oil, and garlic. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the water, cream of tartar, and baking soda with a fork until combined. When it fizzes, add to the meat and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes or up to overnight. (Chilling makes the balls easier to roll. If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the chilling step.) Meanwhile…

Moisten your hands and a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon or scoop with cold water and shake to remove excess. Measure out the meat and roll into a ball between your palms. Line up the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, about 1/2 inch apart. Slide the Gyoza Meatballs into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot with dipping sauce for dunking on a bed of Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice… or drop them into this Gyoza Soup with Pork Broth.

*I actually bought some Oriental Flavor ramen soup to use the flavor packets from for these meatballs, if I felt like broth w/ them...toss the noodles away

I don't have nutritional data on these & never bothered to figure it out for myself...sorry

Finally got back to this thread (I lost it when on vacation). Thanks for the recipe! That's a lot of ingredients, so I'll have to try it on a full paycheck grocery week! LOL
  • bjwoodzy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    http://www.ruled.me/keto-white-pizza-frittata/

That is precisely the recipe for what I posted. Sorry for taking so long to get back to this. It's been a ridiculous couple of days.

I can tell you from experience though, that even just under normal refrigeration, it's still just fine, even two weeks later.

Thank you! \o/

• bjwoodzy
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Smoked gouda, turkey sausage
    7znva42f9ymj.jpg

Made homemade sour dill pickles
    hg0o467yey8u.jpg
    clqnr9vyfa3k.jpg
    hc39buferuhq.jpg
    gxsinaaddofq.jpg

Stir-fried baby bok choy with mushrooms, garlic, sesame oil, black vinegar & soy
    b23j6uimifmp.jpg

75% American Wagyu beef burger (charred the hell out of it, but it was medium rare inside)
    a8zmxqxzhqvz.jpg

• pdxhak
    pdxhak Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Made a fathead pizza for lunch today with my daughter :) Toppings - sliced mozzarella, tomatoes, pepperoni, and bacon.

uj851ohlp1w7.jpg
    6h2oucsph4u8.jpg
    9287ytcgzvaa.jpg
  • bjwoodzy
    Options
    Nice!
  • noclady1995
    noclady1995 Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    zrx3mjt4a173.jpeg
    jzfn6zj38d2x.jpeg
    One of my favorite meals lately and desserts (mug cake topped with cream cheese sweetened with a little stevia and topped with a few slices of strawberry). I only have this every once in a while but the burger I could literally eat every day!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite meals lately and desserts (mug cake topped with cream cheese sweetened with a little stevia and topped with a few slices of strawberry). I only have this every once in a while but the burger I could literally eat every day!

@noclady1995 - Would you share your basic mug recipe? I've yet to find one that worked well for me, but this looks amazing!