What does your low carb meals look like??

Options

Replies

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @clawson91 - when I make it, basically I saute the spaghetti squash (already steamed) in butter, add garlic salt, cream, then cheese, and meat, if I'm eating it. SO lazy way of doing it. :)
  • midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I don't eat meat (I do occasionally eat seafood), so doing LC is more complicated for me. I'm on the Whole30 right now as well so cannot have dairy products. I made these Whole30 compliant fish "tacos" the other night and they are going to be a new staple to get me through this. Large tilapia fillet pan fried in EVOO with Tony Chachere's (I would be nowhere without my Tony's), avocado, salsa and nutritional yeast flakes. The key I've found is good seasoning. Might try the same thing with eggs to make breakfast "tacos" since I try not to eat seafood more than 2-3 times a week.

hc92gmr594v6.jpg
  • midcitycat
    midcitycat Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    clawson91 wrote: »
    Eggroll in a Bowl, from MostlyHomeMadeMom.com. This one had ground chicken. Also good with lean ground beef and I'm sure ground title will be just as good. I would love to try with shrimp! I double the recipe except for the soy sauce...1/2 cup is plenty!

This looks delicious, looking it up now!!
  • TishaGettinFit
    TishaGettinFit Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    No pic but for dinner we had chicken breast stuffed with spinach garlic and cream cheese then wrapped in bacon and steamed asparagus drizzled with melted butter on the side.
  • lowjax75
    lowjax75 Posts: 589 Member
    Options
    Ok, it's been too long since I have posted here.

Breakfast this morning:
    F0A1DE26-8449-4FBF-B6D2-BDA693314874_zpsw9wnpv9t.jpg

Lunch yesterday at a place called Twisted Bistro. Big Daddy Patty (10 oz) with cheese, mushrooms, and bacon:
    FA8F1AEB-9A1F-4266-9680-943A356CA31E_zpsgfgxjvkz.jpg

Hot Wings from Wingstop:
    8ADF2D9B-4036-470E-8822-BEBCE6DC5595_zps15fgzsfw.jpg

Grilling out at a friends:
    938C6C01-C478-48C6-9A10-0586206F09A8_zps1p1rjwh1.jpg
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yum @Lowjax75!! Looks delicious! Great to see you too! :)
  • nicsflyingcircus
    nicsflyingcircus Posts: 2,429 Member
    Options
    lowjax75 wrote: »
    Ok, it's been too long since I have posted here.

Breakfast this morning:
    F0A1DE26-8449-4FBF-B6D2-BDA693314874_zpsw9wnpv9t.jpg

Lunch yesterday at a place called Twisted Bistro. Big Daddy Patty (10 oz) with cheese, mushrooms, and bacon:
    FA8F1AEB-9A1F-4266-9680-943A356CA31E_zpsgfgxjvkz.jpg

Hot Wings from Wingstop:
    8ADF2D9B-4036-470E-8822-BEBCE6DC5595_zps15fgzsfw.jpg

Grilling out at a friends:
    938C6C01-C478-48C6-9A10-0586206F09A8_zps1p1rjwh1.jpg

Holy crap! I have that platter (and a matching serving bowl). Got them 16yrs ago as a wedding present and have never used them for anything except dust collectors, lol
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss: Love me some Crack Slaw.
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    Steak and chorizo with couple chipotle ranch and hot sauce. I was going to make tacos with lettuce but didn't want to mess the delicious meat up with anything else.hd41f7i9a43z.jpg
    kv4wy0id86g9.jpg

• RebeccaMaunder
    RebeccaMaunder Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    I ate it too fast but last night and tonight was flathead pizza made with a taco glove toppings. So yummy. My husband frozen them two together making almost like a pizza sandwich and it was amazing!!!
  • redimock
    redimock Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    nw7fp4ll1598.jpg

This was AMAZING. Fathead pizza crust with spinach/artichoke dip topping (plus some shrimp that I added because I love them.

And I'm noticing a pizza trend in this thread! :yum:
  • lowjax75
    Options
    Pulled Pork topped with melted provolone cheese
    AF9F0392-80E1-4D75-8533-FFE3B843170B_zps4nweqnuh.jpg

Grilled Chicken
    02F95BF1-FC18-4FFF-93F4-E6A4555E56B0_zps5ymhxqoi.jpg

Burgers w/ChimiChurri sauce
    D2354488-371E-48E4-9672-A003C25DD1A0_zpskdq8fx3a.jpg
  • ryanb1385
    ryanb1385 Posts: 56 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options

Grilled Chicken

@lowjax75 I want to do this! How do you cook this?
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    I could eat that entire plate of grilled chicken legs...

a few things I've done recently:

Gyoza (potsticker) meatballs, w/ a dipping sauce...I prefer these with shredded, sauted cabbage & green onion.

8y60hy373dji.jpg
    te5fhjfgvz4z.jpg

Blackened tuna with wasabi sauce over a salsa of sorts I made with yellow tomato, onion, avocado, jalapeno, radish, cilantro, lime juice and a small amount of watermelon

29a1gz6y2hui.jpg

and my first stab at oysters...only put the knife halfway through my hand, success!

ay52tuq17xbk.jpg

• KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @JodehFoster - Do you have a base recipe for the Gyoza?
  • JodehFoster
    JodehFoster Posts: 419 Member
    edited June 2016
    Options
    sure! The smell & flavor is incredible. This is the recipe I used (ended up using ground veal, store didn't have plain ground pork):

Gyoza Meatballs from Well Fed 2
    Serves 2-4 | Prep 10 min | Chill 20 min | Cook 20 min | Whole30 approved
    Meatballs:
    1/4 pound shitake mushrooms, stemmed and finely chopped
    1/8 head green cabbage, very thinly sliced (about 1 cup)
    1 tablespoon coconut aminos or homemade substitute (I use low-sod soy sauce)
    1 pound ground pork
    1/2 cup water chestnuts, minced
    2 scallions, very thinly sliced (about 1/4 cup)
    1 tablespoon chopped chives (dried or fresh)
    1 teaspoon salt
    1 teaspoon powdered ginger
    1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
    1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
    1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
    3 cloves garlic, minced (about 1 tablespoon)
    2 tablespoons warm water
    1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
    1/4 teaspoon baking soda

NOTE: Why cream of tartar and baking soda? Traditional ground meat recipes are usually tenderized with breadcrumbs. I use a cream of tartar/baking soda combo to keep the meat light and juicy, with a nice, crisp exterior.

Directions:
    Preheat oven to 400F. Cover a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper.

Heat a large, non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the mushrooms, cabbage, and coconut aminos to the pan; cover and steam until soft, about 5 minutes. Set aside until cool to the touch.

In a large mixing bowl, place the cooled vegetables, pork, water chestnuts, scallions, chives, salt, ginger, crushed red pepper flakes, black pepper, sesame oil, and garlic. In a small bowl or measuring cup, mix the water, cream of tartar, and baking soda with a fork until combined. When it fizzes, add to the meat and mix until all the ingredients are evenly distributed. Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes or up to overnight. (Chilling makes the balls easier to roll. If you’re in a hurry, you can skip the chilling step.) Meanwhile…

Moisten your hands and a 1 tablespoon measuring spoon or scoop with cold water and shake to remove excess. Measure out the meat and roll into a ball between your palms. Line up the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, about 1/2 inch apart. Slide the Gyoza Meatballs into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown and cooked through. Serve hot with dipping sauce for dunking on a bed of Oven-Roasted Cauliflower Rice… or drop them into this Gyoza Soup with Pork Broth.

*I actually bought some Oriental Flavor ramen soup to use the flavor packets from for these meatballs, if I felt like broth w/ them...toss the noodles away

I don't have nutritional data on these & never bothered to figure it out for myself...sorry

• lowjax75
    Options
    ryanb1385 wrote: »

Grilled Chicken

@lowjax75 I want to do this! How do you cook this?

HI Ryan - I used a holder for beer can chicken, but didn't have any beer or a can. I just plopped it on, put a mayo rub on the chicken and cooked it low and slow. It is actually done in a gas grill, not a smoker or charcoal, but it was still excellent!
  • bjwoodzy
    bjwoodzy Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Gyoza (potsticker) meatballs, w/ a dipping sauce...I prefer these with shredded, sauted cabbage & green onion.

OMG those meatballs look AMAZING!