Options

Replies

• Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    Well, i'm thinking being "whisked" away by hubby for a day together isn't such a bad thing P LOL.. is it a cumulative number for the challenge (ie. from all week?) or only applicable on the weekends?

Finished midnights yesterday morning; but was messed up the whole day/night trying to turn around; just finally woke up at 11am but still feel like I could sleep another few hours! I do remember eating some chocolate chips directly out of the bag... and some tortilla chips apparently as I found some crumbs in bed LOL... have done pretty well otherwise this past week; but I guess the proof will be in the pudding on my thurs weigh in... hmmm now I want pudding. :)

Been lacking any exercise this week tho; so that will be my focus for the next few days to at least get back to my daily walking...

Hows everyone else doing - anyone else find it hard to believe we're almost at the end of January already???
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Lol on the crumbs in the bed...a dead giveaway!! I don't know how you do it with all the different shifts, but I know you have been working them for years.

Gym here at work has been changed....moved my bike to a larger room with many more treadmills...so I went in one afternoon to check it out....and I could hardly breath due to the strong smell of Rubber!!! ...which makes me sick to my stomach...so I may be having to find a different way to get some exercise in.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    oh nooooooo Gail!! are there windows in the gym that can be left open til the new rubber smell is gone??? you were doing so fab on your biking i'd hate to see you lose that option... what about one of those charcoal filter air fresheners.... ? the little round tub things that are used for all kinds of odours?? no smell to them .... maybe get work peeps to buy a few depending on the size and throw them around the room?? :'(
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Haha Snoozie about the nap! Hopefully now that you finished midnight shifts you won't need one.

A big congrats Gail on getting below 230!!! You have been working so hard at this , so yay you! Bummer about the gym- hopefully the odor will go away with time .

So I got busted today. My former doc retired end of December, but I've been having vertigo problems, so saw a different new doctor today who noticed I hadn't had my blood sugar checked in a long time . He said last record was 2013 but I really don't think it was that long ago??? Anyway, he has a lab in his office so I had to get blood work for my A1C today which will cover the last couple of months food intake including over the holidays -am dreading the results
  • seehe
    Options
    So second part of my post was cut off- argh. But I tried to post that on the bright side I have had a good week of cooking at home and watching my portions and food choices and am down 3 pounds. Best part is I am not in a self sabotaging frame of mind so I am staying the course and hope for continued success
  • Snooozie
    Options
    OMG Susan... I had a minor panic attack just reading about the surprise A1C test LOL.. bad enough when we know it's coming! But.. at least it will be done and you can have your baseline to know where you're at.. AND huge congrats on the awesome week of home cooking and acing the portions and choices... AND on the 3 lbs!!! that's fabulous!!! and as you said the biggest win is NOT being in a self sabotage mode... that's a huge obstacle for many of us so kudos to you.

My weigh day is tomorrow... it's been a slow go this month, but slow is okay because my focus is on consistency too.. just keeping at it every day.. have been trying a few new recipes (made a meatloaf last night that ws pretty darn good I must say) that allow me lots of leftovers to help with the lazy factor for me LOL. Tonight just have to add some squash and Brussel sprouts and an easy yummy healthy dinner.. and I put some in the freezer for dayshift ... gonna try an orange or lemon chicken recipe tonite since I happen to have some oranges and lemons on hand.. here's hoping for edible!
  • seehe
    Options
    Snooozie, May I come over for dinner tonight for some yummy orange or lemon chicken? I'll help with the dishes :-)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    lol. tonite is leftover meatloaf Susan..... and you're more than welcome tomorrow... cept I wouldn't assume the "yummy" part YET.. since it's me cooking it hahaaaaaaaaaaa
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Oh!! I feel the same as Snoozie on the A1C
    ....Here's fingers crossed for a good one. xxxx....
    Huge congrats!!! on the 3 lbs!!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    oh, yea.............about my 3 lbs....they came back !! It was either my self- sabotaging or the scales were wonky that day...but it gives me hope I can get back there. I am leaving the tracker at 226 for now...just to see if it is likely...
  • Snooozie
    Options
    gail - they are just VISITING... not staying!! like unwelcome house guests, kick em to the curb in the next 2 or 3 days! :)

Susan - saw this and immediately thought of you and your Snoopy LOL.. with a "Canadian" twist! o:)

y40tuqq6yw7d.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    :)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Morning peeps

No loss on the scale this week; but keeping the faith the "woosh" factor will kick in before the end of this month :) Feeling pretty decent about this month as far as eating less and eating better choices but know I still have a ways to go in tweaking some bad habits that have crept back. But definitely made progress this first month of a new year, so keeping my eyes on the prize of back to goal weight by summer
    0lynkscfgwfz.png
  • Snooozie
    Options
    LOL.. a good visual reminder for me that 80% of weight loss is what you put in your mouth!

dfi171ihq2hu.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Love the visuals!!!

You will see your goal weight, you are doing amazingly good things for yourself..
    You got this!!
  • seehe
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Snooozie- Love Snoopy in Canada!!! Thanks for sharing :) I'm also going to save the ever so true reminder that you can't out run your fork!
    Yay you Snoozie for perseverance even when the scale doesn't cooperate right away, cause you are absolutely correct that the whoosh factor WILL kick in!

Gail- I totally agree with Snooozie's clever houseguest analogy- they are just visiting temporarily. You've got this!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Looks like my house guests (lbs)( see above Snoozie post) are a bit like Miloves guests....They are staying and brought bags!!! hahaha.....so I am going to put my ticker back..It must have been an off day for the scale...maybe too cold or too early... I did step on it three times to make sure, but every day since it has been what I usually weigh...but now I am more determined than ever to show those scales.. I CAN get back to 226!!! YEAH Me!!

• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Go Team Go!
    Luckily I never had the diabetes thing to worry about... just brain surgery, blood clots and gall stones...
    Gotta love Neuro and Gastro Docs...
    TTYL
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Well, 2 of my visiting lbs. have packed up and left ...three more to go to get back to 226!!

Carol, you are a walking miracle!!