• cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Thanks Gail :blush:

And as they say... "Congrats on the Loss"...lol :smiley:
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    weigh in day for me... still no loss but know this happened when I first started so not going to panic LOL. glad you ditched the visitors Gail.. woo hoo!!
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Carol- so glad you have had good doctors to help you !

Gail- YAY YOU on getting rid of 2 of those pesky house guests !!

I am THRILLED to report that I SHOCKINGLY got great lab results from my surprise lab test !!!

21cfp137rzu8.jpg
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    YAY!!!! Susan!! Awesome news!
  • seehe
    Options
    Thanks Gail! I am soooo relieved - whew!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    I forgot I didn't reply here, just in a PM Susan LOL... so you already know how totally thrilled I am for you with the fabulous news.. and as Gail said, we can both totally relate to the stress of waiting for our numbers, so you know we share your joy!!!!
  • seehe
    Options
    Thanks again Snooozie! I can't even begin to express the joy and relief I'm feeling after getting over the initial shock. I'm convinced now these surprisingly good results are from the Alpha Lipoic Acid supplement which thrills me to no end that there is a natural supplement that helps my body regulate blood sugar so much!
  • Snooozie
    Options
    no kidding!!! you must absolutely be walking on cloud nine knowing you are rocking your health goals for yourself my friend!!!! I will def be asking my doc what she knows/thinks about the ALA supplement next visit! :)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Funny how sometimes the world provides you with an attitude adjustment you know you need! I promised myself this winter anytime the temp was above 0C I would do my daily walk at the lake; have been sliding on it but did get down twice this week on dayshift... this morning was kinda grey but 2C so hauled myself down there early; the sun came out and it turned out to be a lovely stroll... I decided about 3/4 of the way to turn around and head back (out of pure laziness)... and who do I run into? That little 95 year old woman who walks every day there hoofing it with her walker up the hill towards me... JEEZ louise... reality check....attitude adjustment, embarrassment and humility all in one punch lol. So after a little hello gorgeous day chat, I turned around and finished the route LOL. Reminded me I should be thankful I CAN walk (specially after the back probs had me grounded for a week last month) and to appreciate the abilities I have!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Snooozie wrote: »
    Funny how sometimes the world provides you with an attitude adjustment you know you need! ... and who do I run into? That little 95 year old woman who walks every day there hoofing it with her walker up the hill towards me... JEEZ louise... reality check....attitude adjustment, embarrassment and humility all in one punch lol. So after a little hello gorgeous day chat, I turned around and finished the route LOL. Reminded me I should be thankful I CAN walk (specially after the back probs had me grounded for a week last month) and to appreciate the abilities I have!

Wow!! Your experience even gives me a reality check from afar... That is the absolute reason she is still going at 95... She just frikken" does it because she needs it and she can do it....oh...I am so lazy !!!too... I need to get out there and get it done
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail - I can totally relate.. I think the worst part for me.. was that it was only WALKING.. and I was trying to avoid doing even that (laziness wise!) and here she was bundled up in hat scarf and sneakers... and WALKER.. yikes... absolutely smacked myself upside the head a few times for being so damn lazy! :'(
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Snoozie, I wish we lived close enough to walk together...... time goes much better with someone to talk to...unless it's one of those days where ya' just need solitude.

With the New Gym having to much " rubber tires" smell, I am walking around in my room to get in my miles using my phone app.. It is a bit monotonous, but it gets the job done...

I have noticed that for the last couple of weeks , I am not going around the kitchen looking for something, anything to eat, even though I am already full.... seems like a NSV for me. I hope to keep it up, I believe that is one reason why I find it hard to lose.

Sending Hugs to the few who log on!!
    G
  • Snooozie
    Options
    morning Gail!
    Yes totally agree that ANYTHING exercise wise is more fun with a buddy! My shift work makes that even more difficult, and while I do like my solitary walks in the summer mornings at the lake, during winter especially would be nice to have a co-conspirator!

I was thinking of you the other day; am contemplating using the stairs outside my door for some extra steps while this nasty weather is in.. tht way I have no excuse about having to even get bundled up to do something!

AWESOME nsv for sure on finding you aren't wandering lately - sounds like you're making yet another habit change (either consciously or sub consciously) and rocking it!!! :):)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Oh, I miss the stairs...they would be nice to try and add back in....I would need to start slowly, though.
    Be sure you hold onto that handle...it is so easy to miss a step...I know from experience...it made me make sure to let my hand slide over it at all times....just thinking about the outcome....oooooowwwwww....luckily I was close to the bottom..

Have a day of fasting to do, going to a Life screening mini health fair for old people....thought I would blend in. Cheaper than going to my doctor for these tests. I have never been , I hope it is worth the money, since it comes out of my pocket...hahaha...

I did do a bit of kitchen wandering last night, but couldn't find anything to tempt me. I believe it was because Dinner did not satisfy me...Garden salad, & slaw with 1 rib and a thigh. I did try a Paleo bread recipe though... Hmmmmmm....jury still out on it...not too tasty, more like an unsweet bread texture cake with a bit to much egg smell...
    Ok on that note, I will sign off.

Hope you have a wonderful day, Snooze.
    Happy day to anyone else signing on.
    G
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Gail I think ur right about the dinner not being satiating Enuf so caused the wandering. I'm trying something a wee bit different this week; having most of my carbs for brekkie and lunch (salad with hard boiled egg and some turkey grown in) and then havin most of my protein for dinner - I find protein keeps me from feeling "unsatisfied" better. Last night I had a nice pork loin - filled up on it with a bit of applesauce and two roasted mini potato and only 3 Brussels sprouts on the side - was mostly meat lol. But didn't feel the need for a grazing later .... So will see how that goes but so far so good
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Sounds yummy.
    I agree, I would have been better satisfied with more protein...and not so much greens.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    :):) its funny how we are still discovering things that work now, and other things that no longer do... like a saying somewhere that said "let go of the things that no longer serve you well"... :)
  • seehe
    Options
    Good morning ladies!

I hear ya Gail about the wandering around which is why I have to be like old mother Hubbard with bare cupboards to try to keep my snacking to a minimum.

I have been doing the same thing as you Snooozie with the carbs earlier in the day and protein in the evening and boy does it seem to make a difference for me , particularly helpful with the scale.

And a big YES on us all being lifelong learners :)
  • Snooozie
    Options
    lol @ the cupboards Susan.. believe it or not i'm exactly the same.. got home from work around 11pm last nite and headed right for the cupboards - was a crazy busy shift and I was determined to chomp on something... but alas.... (or yay lol) it was a choice of oatmeal or ice cubes.. :o

I am gonna pack some extra food for tonite to keep me from wanting to pig out when I get home! which means I have to hit the grocery store before heading in.. and it's -23C out there. :'( could someone pass me some cheese to go with my whine please?? :D Just have to keep in mind i'm on vacation after this shift and even tho i'm not doing anything, just knowing I don't have to go in for midnights is giving me the happy feet dance!

Have a good one peeps!