Replies

• seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    72886.gif
  • seehe
    Options
    Good morning Gail and Snooozie and any other lurking hatters :)
    So it's my last full week before my big bday trip and I really want to stay focused this week on cooking more at home and having protein and veggie dinners. I also have a goal of walking the dogs which I have been neglecting- poor pooches .
    Wishing us all a healthy, successful week!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Great goals...and Happy Birthday early!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies..
    Guilty... "Lurking"
    Great job snoozie on pre-planning
    Saw your notes Gail..lol on free tests and hope you get back to the office gym, hopefully the rubber smell will go away soon
    Have an awesome birthday Susan

TTYL
    Carol B)
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Morning peeps!!

Gail how did the life fair go ??? Susan love the sparkly heart in the link LOL

Winter came on with a vengeance this past week and I seem to be hungry all the time.. i'm assuming it's from burning extra calories shivering LOL.. :)
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Morning Snoozie!!

I haven't received them all yet, but they gave me my Lipid results.

Total Cholesterol was up : (
    Trygl. were down! : )
    HDL was up from 47 points to 70!! I was very HAPPY!! with that one. : )
    LDL was up. : (
    Total ratio went from 5.6 to 4.7 down .9 pts I think that is good. : )
    FBG was 114 not too bad considering I am still testing very high... : )

Now, if I can just get some weight to fall off. It will all start to get better. But I have a lot of healing to go to get myself healthy and begin to see lower Fasting BG's.

Have a happy day !!

• Snooozie
    Options
    I saw 4 smiles and only two frowns there Gail, so I think you can do the happy dance that you're making awesome progress in those areas!! and as for the frownies - much as I hate getting results from tests as much as everyone else, the one good thing is that at least we get a current baseline so we know what we need to move forward in our health goals for those areas.. I know you guys use a difference scale for the FBG but i'm guessing since there was a smile next to it and the not too bad comment, you breathed a sigh of relief LOL!

Just remember you have made huge progress since you came here Gail... and I think maybe you might not remember just what you've accomplished in changing a lot of your choices to far healthier options in food and drink... I still remember a defining moment for me when I changed how I took my coffee LOL.. I CANNOT believe looking back I used to take it with 3 creams and 3 sugars.... truly makes me want to gag now!! it may seem like a small thing to the outside world... but once upon a time I would have bet my paycheck I would NEVER enjoy a coffee any other way! Another biggie for me is that I have been using the thin slice bread for so long, that on occasion when there is none avail, and I look at a regular loaf, the slices seem sooooo thick it turns me off.. and once upon a time I craved fat soft white bread! Again, to others in the outside world.. might make em scratch their head... but small changes... add up... the fact that more and more often now, if i think i want some kind of crap, i actually think about it first.. ya that's a biggie for me too!! i never gave any thought about what i put into me before.. ever... (obviously lolol) so we've all made a lot of progress... and maybe nows a good time for us al to take a few minutes and just look back at what we HAVE accomplished... and start adding up all those little changes... I bet we'd all be surprised at just how far we have come, and might help us remember not only why we want to keep making more changes, but remind us that we really CAN do it!! :)
  • suzyqholland
    suzyqholland Posts: 1,354 Member
    Options
    Hello one and all,
    Sorry I've been non-existent for so long. It's been a really tough eight months or so. I lost my best friend (my workout partner as well) of 26 years in January. She was my rock and inspiration, she was a wonderful person and I miss her terribly. She had been showing symptoms since the beginning of last year and was diagnosed with stage 4 cancer in June. Unfortunately, I've been pity eating and not exercising as much as I should since then.

My husband and I went on a cruise late January and had a wonderful time. However, I ended up with a syndrome that affects mostly women where you feel like you're still on the heavily rocking ship afterwards. It's finally getting better. I've been walking about three miles a day to try and help. So then I hurt my knee somehow on my last walk last Thursday. I am falling apart!!!

Hence the pity eating. I've gained back 20 of the 45 pounds I lost! I would hate to have a surprise A1C test right now! Or have my blood work done! I'm trying to get it together and looking for inspiration, I guess that's why I came over here to read this thread. You ladies are awesome! I love how encouraging you all are! I'm getting back on track, darn it! Life is for living and I'm still here...so I've got to be the best me I can be! I know Anita would want me to snap out of it and get my butt off the couch!!

Thanks for "listening" ladies.
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Sending hugs and a PM Suzy
  • seehe
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Oh my gosh, SuzyQ, I am so very sorry for your loss of your dear friend (and your vertigo issues and knee). (((((hugs)))))
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Have a wonderful trip Susan and a fabulous birthday celebration tomorrow!!!!
  • Snooozie
    Options
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    Happy Birthday, Susan!!

No new updates on the weight loss side...but I am getting in 10,000 steps 4 to 5 days a weeks for the last 2 weeks......a work challenge thingy... so I am hoping for some sort of results in the long run. Still trying for low carbs. some days good...some days bad.

I was telling Snoozie earlier, how good just a plain loaf of bread is when you're not eating any... ( I don't know why I am re- telling you, Snoozie,you may be the only one reading this!! hahaha)

Trying not to weigh until March 1st!! I hope I am at least still holding onto my 229 lbs. That will make me feel like I am accomplishing something...even with no loss! It is just tooo!!! easy to gain.

Later!!
    G
  • Snooozie
    Options
    Bread ain't my thing Gail.. .but to this day opening a bag of lay's wavy chips?? I DO actually inhale the scent... so I understand completely... I simply can't have them in the house anymore sadly.. but that would hard to do with bread being so versatile!

awesome job on the 10.000 steps .. how long does the challenge run???????
  • Snooozie
    Options
    and yup.. we're talkin to ourselves... might as well just do PMs instead :)
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    Wow! Great job on the steps Gail!! I completely agree on the bread thing. I feel like I can look at a bagel and gain weight. I can pass up the chips Snoozie but the bread?!!! Oh my!!!!

I have managed to do great on my calories for five days in a row!!! Whoo hoo!!! Unfortunately my knee is still hurting and I'm still rocking and reeling a bit so I haven't done any physical activity for over a week! I think I'm going to try a bit of hiking on Sunday. I just want to get back out there! I'm going to try a knee brace.

Hang in there y'all! We've got to see results eventually....right? I lost a measly pound but it's only been five days so I'm not losing hope!

Have a great weekend! I think weekends are the hardest. We can do it!!!!!! Stay strong!!!!!
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Options
    Love the pic Snoozie.... wish I knew how to do the before / after...

Gail - great job on the steps...

Susan - Have a great vacation and awesome birthday... jealous here in Jersey....

Suzy - ouch.. feel better soon

My weakness is chocolate... can't have it around, but still do... that's my Achilles heel...

Have a great weekend! I think weekends are the hardest. We can do it!!!!!! Stay strong!!!!!

Carol B);)
  • suzyqholland
    Options
    I'm so proud of myself! We left the house at 1:00 this afternoon to go shopping for kitchen countertops (ugh!). Don't get me wrong, I am so excited to get them I just hate going through the "getting" part! Haha! I've been complaining, begging and pleading for them for over twenty years! Anyway...we didn't get done until almost 6:00!!! We were both starving and decided to eat out....my Achilles heel! I stayed strong!!!! No alcohol! No gooey cheesy appetizer! No bread (okay I had a bite of my husband's croissant)! I did so great!!! Yay!! I sure hope it shows up on the scale!

Tomorrow we're going hiking. I bought a knee brace today and am hoping for the best. No mountains but there will be hills and rocks.

Hope you all have a great Sunday!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Options
    That is great, Suzy... you had me at the gooey, cheesy...but you did it! Be careful with the knee.

Carol, I just took a box of chocolates into Hubby's room, to get them out of my sight...I could smell them through the covered box across the room!! Good luck!!

Oh, Snoozie, the challenge is an on going thing to get points to win $$....and better health...I'm working my way up to at least 5 days with 10,000 steps at least....Didn't make it today, but I've got to work a bit tomorrow, so I may get them in.

Susan, I know you are having a fantastic time!