OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Good Morning, Ladies! Happy Valentine's Day! It is currently snowing. We are to supposed to travel for our great-nephew's second birthday party today. We only see them once a year, but am thankful that we get invited.....they are Mike's brothers' children, It's a long story, but am glad they still include us in their family activities even if it's only once a year. I hope the snow subsides so we can attend. Have a great day everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day to all my lovely friends. Nothing big planned here. Edd will be working on the van and I will be working on the invites. These are not technically difficult cards, just labor intensive. Lots of cutting, scoring and adhering all the various parts together. Still racking my brains for how to hold the danger things closed. Have had several ideas but none have worked out. I am 1/4 done and by the end of the day will be 1/2 way there. Then have to wait for the delivery of the rest of the paper I need.

Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Good Morning Ladies-
    Happy Valentines day to all- love isn't just for lovers but for all who are dear to us.
    Rick and I didn't got to Newport on Friday. It was just too cold, did the mall and then the camping show and dinner at Longhorn- I wrapped half ny sandwich and had it yesterday for lunch. Got in 15k steps and a 1/2 hour bike ride so excellent exercise.
    Yesterday just chilled and finished book 4. I will be riding soon and will start the fifth and final book. It is the shortest.
    Working on my blog post today and that will be up soon. I'm cooking a nice dinner for us with dessert. Rick is so sweet, he bought me two new pairs of sneakers for walking and flowers- I think they are both super romantic :smile:
    Hope everyone is doing great- Talk to you soon
    BTW- WAY below zero here so NO walking out doors- Tuesday high of 48- crazy weather.
    Enjoy your day
    Cindy
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Good morning peeps and yes, Happy V day, any way you have it.

My love wrote me a sweet poem. I am now wearing my new ring. Plus, he brought me two dozen roses yesterday. He enjoyed his goody bag with the Alabama 2015 Championship and t-shirt, phone battery pack, candy and card .

We shopped for vehicles yesterday and had more discussion last night. Glenn did his evaluations of our two vehicles. We both agree we adore the features, ride and drive of the Mitsubishi Outlander. Does anyone have any experience with this make or model? It meets all of our requirements and the price is really attractive. Of course we are still going to give Chevy at stab at continuing our business, but the Equinox does not offer the third row seating and is still priced $7k over the Outlander. It was fun taking Izzy with us. Her main requirement was she wanted it to be Blue. LOL.

Patti- I believe Janet has an excellent idea in your best interest. Think it out my friend. When we look good, at any size, we feel better. Even if it is a new workout set. I know you love t-shirts and yoga pants!! Sounds like you have the day cut out for you today, no pun intended. I have been getting up every hour and getting over a 1000 steps. I even went outside and did it around my pool and down in the backyard. I need to start getting my raised bed ready for some fresh veggies too.

Janet- I'm headed to my bathroom vanity to organize my three packed drawers in your honor today!! Plus I am going to clean out my refrigerator. I love the way you take things to the goodwill and keep ticking away at it. We all need to take your Que. Tomorrow I need to do the same with my dresser drawers, and Izzy's. That kid is growing out of everything!! I can't wait for her to awaken and try on her to Paw Patrol outfit I purchased her for Valentine's Day. Glenn got her a little Lion stuffed animal. She will love them both. She is really into Paw Patrol right now. LOL.

Bert- I do pray the weather clears for you to attend this annual family event.

Tonight I will seer Glenn and I a nice sirloin steak with some steamed broccoli and roasted garlic potatoes. Yum. My goal is to rock my Garmin today.

Have a great Day!!

Karla

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Happy Valentine's Day to you and yours! Hope you all have a lovely day with happy surprises.

Suzi, welcome home!

Bert, hope you were able to go spend time with the kids.

Cindy, was talking with my dear friend in RI and wondering whether weather had prevented your trip, but it sounds like you've cobbled together an excellent weekend anyway. Rick's gifts are so thoughtful.

Diane, that recipe looks terrific and I will try it soon. Interested to know how you modified it.

Patti, another big huzzah for Edd the mechanic. A good day for you both to stay home and do things you enjoy. Would pink rickrack (hot-glued) work as a belly band? Just taking a stab. Thought of you when buying a couple of brightly-colored tees this week. Please do treat yourself to something that might at least momentarily break the cycle of your discontent, and pretty spring colors are in the stores now (Target had some really nice things) to help lift your winter doldrums.

Karla, Glenn's poem was soooooo sweet and the ring is beautiful. It's been 5 1/2 years but I considered the Eqiinox when I bought my CR-V but the Honda's price was much better and you know how much I like it. No knowledge of the Outlander but everyone I know who has a Mitsubishi is very happy with it.

Having a rather good day here, fireplace turned on, watching snow fall (with no need to leave the house until tomorrow afternoon. Doing laundry and have already packed a small box with unneeded decor items to donate. Every little bit counts, right?

Had a wonderful, long, rambling conversation with my beloved friend in RI last night. He is such a great guy -- have known him for almost 40 years. He's invited me there this spring when a good friend's daughter will be staying as well. She is a delightful young woman -- the only "kid" at our New Orleans weekend in 2014. And he swears he knows some very nice widowers there (though he didn't tell me whether any of them is under 80). So I may go, if my thyroid follow-up scan permits; he is already anticipating being lonely while his fiancee is in Europe for work (she's a food writer). There may also be a trip to Chicago next month -- one of his brothers lives there, so there might be a road trip for my birthday so I have company.

Another dear guy friend sent me a very sweet card and a photo of me on one of his horses. It's an awful photo of me, but a wonderfully happy memory of a lovely day and a treasured experience.

I don't have a "man in my life" right now but my friends are beyond gold. Love of whatever kind is to be celebrated today and I do feel loved.
  • KarlaLM58
    Janet- You are a very easy person to love!! You exude it out of your body in many, many ways, We all feel it, and so do all of your other friend spread all over the country. I'm so sorry my card did not arrive on time!!

The new Leslie Sansone dvd I purchased is The Tone /Every Zone Walk - Sizzle, Tighten & Tone with A Total Walk Explosion! 3 workout options. Upper body circuit, lower body circuit and fast walk, all just 20 minutes a piece. Suggested equipment, dumbells, 3-10 pounds. I plan to give it a whirl tomorrow. Today I am really tired for some reason.

Karla
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Good evening all. Just a quick note before dinner. I've made a pot of chicken chili, which is a staple around here. About 300 calories a bowl, but VERY filling and satisfying.

Janet, my tweaks to the recipe are that I used Zoodles instead of pasta, and I tried Greek yogurt instead of half and half. I did not like the Greek yogurt substitution - it didn't hold up to the heat and it wasn't creamy, and it definitely didn't reheat well for lunch today. I think next time I will use fat free half and half instead. About the same calories, and will probably be creamier. I also didn't drain the zoodles enough. It was also a tad spicy, so next time I would cut the crushed red pepper in half, to 1/2 TBSP or even 1 tsp, rather than the 1 TBSP that the recipe called for.

We don't do much for Valentine's day - I told John earlier this week I wasn't getting him anything, and didn't expect him to get me anything. A hug and a kiss is all that is needed.

Back later, maybe.

Diane
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Happy Valentines Day to you and those you love!
    Quiet day in our home, came home after church and were so tired, we laid down for a siesta. Guess we needed our rest day, because we didn't awaken until 4 hours later! We then had our "lunch" for "dinner" and Myron is just getting a fire blazing in the wood stove as I write. Great restful day for us, so blessed that we can enjoy it together. Will check in on personals another day, but wanted to peek in and greet you all. Catch you all tomorrow and hug your special ones closely as you share your love.

Hugs,

MaryLynn
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    Good morning OMG Ladies! another Monday morning is upon us :)
    ROSTER and OMGs 2/15/16

Karlalm58 - Karla - AL(gulf coast)- NO EATING BEFORE 11AM
    Luzingg - Patti - OH - GET BACK ON TRACK, DO MY PROGRAM, NO EXCUSES
    Jp_in_Ky - Janet - KY - NO EATING BEFORE 11 AM OR AFTER 9 PM!
    Cindy619 - Cindy - MA - DRINK TWO GREEN TEA PER DAY
    Smack59 - Suzi - OK - TRACK IT ALL!
    bertevans - Bert - IN - drink water, eat less
    Eniads- Diane - MD - ONE PLANNED SNACK PER DAY AND 8 CUPS PLAIN WATER.
    LCUConley - Lisa - ON - Track No Matter What
    68Myra - Myra - NC -
    Blessed Beyond- Vikki - VA - workout 4 days a week, 4 days cardio, 3 days strength training; come in under calorie goal 5 days this week
    Xjsjaguar - MaryLynn - VI, BC - -6 CARDIO/3 WEIGHTS & LOWER SUGAR MICROS.
    LivLovLrn - Jeanette - OR- EAT 3 VEGGIES EVERY DAY
    tedwards - Tracy
    Java_Mom115 - Beth - MI -80 OZ WATER DAILY, 6 WORKOUTS, TRACK EVERYTHING
  • cindyr619
    Good Morning Friends-
    I have finished the 5th and final book in my review for RWA- all were good but I definitely had favorites. I'm not at liberty to disclose details at the moment but once I do I'm happy to share- although I must say some romance writers add LOTS of heat to their books. Not my style but they were well written overall.
    My beta writer is working through the new book and has been sending me texts- with questions and then says- Wait, don't tell me. So she is really liking this book. It was much harder to write so maybe that was a good thing.
    Also if you downloaded Last First Kiss before the holidays there were a couple of duplicate pages at the end of Chapter 7- I think you can reload for free to get the corrected version. I'm very sorry this happened and it took the girls a long time to get it fixed but we all learned a few lessons. My publishing company is a start up, AKA my daughters company, and we've had some learning curves. It's hard for her being her Mom when I am coming from a professional's point of view and she takes it as criticism. But I want to support her as she and her business partner are very talented, just need some business savvy.
    Janet- Love will find you dear friend. If you do come up to RI PLEASE let me know. I can drive out and we can meet, maybe in Providence on Fed Hill.
    Karla- Glenn's poem was lovely- the DVD sounds intriguing and I love the time limit- do share when you're done.
    Patti- I'm sure the invites are beautiful.
    MaryLynn- sometimes are bodies just need a rest- I'm sure today you feel like your ready to go.
    Bert- were you able to get to the family event?
    Diane- a hug and kiss with love is the best ever.
    Myra- thanks for keeping us rolling along.
    Has anyone noticed the new trend is 10 minute exercise bursts? I've been doing some reading with Prevention and It has made me wonder if it would be easier to get some stuff in.
    Janet- did you get the exercise cycle you were talking about, the one you can use from a chair?
    I've heard it is very beneficial and doesn't over take sensitive joints. No pressure dear friend.
    Need to run but I'll check in later. I plan to ride my bike tonight- it's -10 and way to cold for this girl to be outside walking- tomorrow high of 48 and heavy rain. But I'll take it over snow.
    Hugs to all.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies. We didn't get to travel to our great nephew's birthday party as we had a snowstorm. I'm disappointed, but we had to stay safe. I'll mail his present and we'll try to visit in the near future. I'm heading to the tire store today after the roads clear. I'm petrified to drive on snow. I'm afraid I'll need new tires, but want them to check the tread. I'm taking my son out for lunch today as he is off for the day. It will be nice just to have lunch together, Have a great day.

Bert

• bertevans
    Has anyone heard of Autumn Calabrese's 21 Day Fix? It's a book with color coded portion control containers and DVDs for exercise. My Daughter-in-law just finished her 21 days. I'm considering it.

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Good morning ladies and welcome to our new week.

Myra- I'm sorry, I thought I put my new OMG goal out there. When you do the next update, change mine to: KEEP THE STEPS TO OVER 12K, DVD X2 WEEKLY.. How are you spirits?

MaryLynn- Rest is a wonderful recuperation technique, isn't it? Clears up the body and soul. How was your gathering?

Cindy- I have my workout clothes on and intend on trying one of the zones this morning. I have had the splint off my pinkie all day yesterday, so, although I will be careful, I believe I can hold a weight. I will let you know. Yes, I like the 10 minute bursts. That is how I do most of my steps throughout the day too!

Bert- I was afraid the weather would hold you back, glad you remained safe. Have a nice lunch with your son. Adult time with our children is so special.

Izzy spent the night again last evening as my son is having kidney stone pain. We were both at the Urgent Care together Saturday, a family affair. I am already on the run with laundry, paying some bills and getting my workout on. I have had my Greek yogurt and ready to roll!!

Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Well here we are again. Starting a new week and for me starting over. Just have not had my head in the game and have been getting rather disgusted with myself for my lack of focus. Haven't been eating badly, just not tracking and I know that is something I have to focus on. Also have not done as well with the water as I usually do. Funny how when I don't exercise I tend to let it all go. When I am getting to the gym i don't want to waste the effort there so I tend to do the whole program. The weather here is still awful. The main roads are mostly cleared, the side roads mostly. Iat least the temps a rising above freezing and it is supposed to be 60 degrees by Friday. Gotta love winter in Ohio. Hoping Edd gets the van fixed so I can get to the gym tomorrow. He will be using the truck won't be able to take me. I may be able to borrow Mom's car for the night as she cannot drive after dark. Gym is closed today due to the holiday.
    Patti
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    Quick check in from me. I'm at work but struggling from stress related tummy trouble I think. I'm not ill, I have a sensitive stomach (and IBS), and after prolonged stress it starts to get to my belly. Ugh.

Oh, Bert, I have 21 day fix. The workouts are great. I haven't don't the meal plan though. I was planning to restart piyo today while adding in 21 day fix for more strength training but we will see how I feel.
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Good morning! Today is President’s day and so I have the day off; I’d really rather go to work, but I’ll use the time to get some things done around here. I hope you all had a good weekend, anyone do anything special for Valentine’s day? We don’t generally do anything, but hubby’s birthday went well Saturday night. Everyone we invited came and we ended up making an early night of it; all came earlier in the day to have some visit time. Miss Alanna ate almost an entire can of olives; that girl loves her olives!!!

Beth – Do you drink ginger tea at all? I thought that might help your tummy some. If your inspection isn’t until the end of next month I hate to think of you feeling like this all that time. I hope you can find some sort of relief. We are the same way with baking here, if it is here, we'll eat it and it is just the two of us so we’ll not experiment before my birthday :smiley: We’ll just try them then and let anyone who’s here to help us celebrate help us eat them.

Myra – God is catching your tears. Praying this dark time in your life is done soon.

Janet – You are what I think of as a “shopper”; my MIL and older daughter are like that too. I am terrible with shopping unless it is grocery shopping. I just don’t have the patience to look for the good bargains and find just the right thing. I generally just settle. I am curious about the 1200 calories….are you just tiny? I can’t imagine staying under that amount; of course I am 5’10” and have 50 pounds to lose. I hope you are up for making the trip to see your friend in the spring….and maybe meeting a nice new “friend” in the process

Diane – I don’t know anything about your height or weight size but 1200 calories seems to be a pretty small number. I do know that your body can hold on to weight if it feels like it isn’t getting enough fuel.

MaryLynn – sounds like a wonderful, well needed, rest day! I hope you continue to enjoy your hiking time together and that the weather stays mild enough for you to do so.

Cindy – YAY you finished, this was a contest, right? So now you judge? What are the criteria, what are you looking for? and is there a prize, like does the winning book get published? There is a “7 minute workout” you can find online, you can download an app on your phone and everything. It’s worth a try.

Bert – I love your new photo :smile: Sounds like you are doing well with your recovery, though I imagine subbing for a week straight was a stretch. Are you a retired school teacher? That is great that you found some fun math games for them to do. I remember having a sub once who was good at finding fun ways to do our math; we were all sorry when she had to go.

Karla – there are also Leslie Sansone videos on Youtube. Not to say I wouldn’t buy a video of hers. I have collected all kinds of videos and exercise equipment over the years. It took me a LONG time to realize I needed to stop all together for a while. I am looking forward to eventually getting to use all this “stuff” I have.

Patti – I was going to tell you I am the same way with clothes too. As I have gained weight I’ve only bought a bare minimum of things. I keep telling myself I WILL lose this weight so my closet is full of stuff that is too small for me and have very few things I can wear comfortably; like buying a full wardrobe is admitting this is the size I will stay.

Well, it isn't currently raining so I think I am going to try to get out and take the Christmas lights down today. I am the one who put them up (for the first time in my life) and so I will take them down. Hubby keeps pretty busy with school (online) and work so I just don't want to ask him to do it.

Have a wonderful day, Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette

• KarlaLM58
    Well, I did the 20 Minute Upper body Zone- Great, fast work-out. She starts out with her regular walking warm up with steps, kicks, knee lifts and side steps. Then quickly goes into the hand weights, first standing, then a break with a quick stretch, then on the floor. The 20 minutes really flies and your arms can tell, or at least mine could. It has Jake there for some eye-candy. LOL. I liked it. It is all I need to compliment my garmin walking!!

Beth and Bert - Yes, I have heard of the 21 day fix, and so has Patti. It all goes back to measuring your food and exercise, doesn't it? Whatever works for each of us!! I watched the advertisement for it awhile back and it looked pretty cool.

Patti- I don't know what to tell you about how I finally got back on track. Sick of my clothes pinching me? Sick of looking in the mirror? 40th Class reunion? Each of us has to decide for ourselves what it is, and how much we really want it. One thing I was going to mention to you this morning that might be affecting you is that strenuous exercise makes me hungry as heck and maybe that is affecting you. Maybe you are just tired of fighting the battle girl, need a break from it all. Just not think about it. Not go hog wild or overeat, just not worry about it.

I better get Izzy in the bath and back on my billing. Life is good. I have her writing her name now. I-Z-Z-Y she repeats all the time now. LOL

Karla
  • 68myra
    Hello to all. I'm behind in personals.... but the kids and hubby are off today, which keeps me off my computer more

Karla, i made a note and i'll just repost for this week's goals.
    In an attempt to feel successful, I am not posting a goal this week! it would be funny if it wasn't so true ;)

thanks for the well wishes everyone. I am not doing well since last Thursday, when i woke up with a really sore hip. i've been crying on and off ever since, but i'm sure that stems from more than just a sore hip

is it spring yet?
    take care, myra
  • 68myra
    ROSTER and OMGs 2/15/16

Karlalm58 - Karla - AL(gulf coast)- KEEP THE STEPS TO OVER 12K, DVD X2 WEEKLY.
    Luzingg - Patti - OH - GET BACK ON TRACK, DO MY PROGRAM, NO EXCUSES
    Jp_in_Ky - Janet - KY - NO EATING BEFORE 11 AM OR AFTER 9 PM!
    Cindy619 - Cindy - MA - DRINK TWO GREEN TEA PER DAY
    Smack59 - Suzi - OK - TRACK IT ALL!
    bertevans - Bert - IN - drink water, eat less
    Eniads- Diane - MD - ONE PLANNED SNACK PER DAY AND 8 CUPS PLAIN WATER.
    LCUConley - Lisa - ON - Track No Matter What
    68Myra - Myra - NC -
    Blessed Beyond- Vikki - VA - workout 4 days a week, 4 days cardio, 3 days strength training; come in under calorie goal 5 days this week
    Xjsjaguar - MaryLynn - VI, BC - -6 CARDIO/3 WEIGHTS & LOWER SUGAR MICROS.
    LivLovLrn - Jeanette - OR- EAT 3 VEGGIES EVERY DAY
    tedwards - Tracy
    Java_Mom115 - Beth - MI -80 OZ WATER DAILY, 6 WORKOUTS, TRACK EVERYTHING
  • cindyr619
    Jeannette- the books are for a contest called RITA from the Romance Writers of America. I have a card to fill out for each book and then return it. The ultimate winner has their books in front of major players in the industry. They may already have a publishing contract but for self published peeps it is a great opportunity.
    Unfortunately something happened and I couldn't enter my latest book- but I will keep at it.
    Bert- was your DIL successful with the container plan?
    Cindy