OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Janet, I'm afraid this may be the end of my car. It is a 2004, 214K miles TODAY. We were hoping it would make it one more year to retirement :(.

Green eggs and ham are trivially easy to make. They are pretzels, white chocolate candy melts, and Wilton green coated chocolate balls. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment paper and heat the oven to 350. Put the pretzels down, then the candy melt. (I've also done the mini pretzels with chocolate kisses and green/red M&Ms for Christmas.) Put in the oven for 3-4 minutes, until the chocolate softens. Remove from oven and immediately press M&M or candy deco into the chocolate.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Poor Diane!!! Geez, why do things always break down when the men are away?? I remember when my first husband was deployed and it was just Jason and I, and Jason was very young. By the time he got back from sea I would be down to one car running and half the appliances on the blink. LOL. We were early into our marriage and didn't have the best of everything. The lawnmower would be broke, you name it!! I had my friend's husband's to come if something bad happened that needed immediate assistance. I'm glad you arrived home safely too. Your shower was absolutely adorable!! Very original and on spot, of course!! Don't worry about the splurges, you will worry it off!! and work it off tomorrow.

Janet- You have been on the run again, but making headway on your home again too. Yea you. In your honor I completely cleaned out my refrigerator today and organized it better.

Brittany and I really enjoyed our girl time today and our toes look fabulous!!
    cl
    I'm proud to report I hit over 11k steps and completed my 20 minute strength training for the upper body. I am on a roll!

I also went with Glenn to his allergist, he received his first allergy injections. I will now be his nurse each week giving him two shots, one in each arm, of a mixture of what he's allergic to, per his testing. I told him, well, I had a six month reprieve and here I am back being your nurse again. At least this one isn't as bad as the wound care job!!

See you all in the morning.

Karla
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Jeanette, you should not feel ashamed for taking time for yourself. It is healthy and we should all do it more often. Wonderful that you had so much time with your sweet granddaughter

Diane, I feel your pain and stress with the car issues. Things always seem to break or go wrong when our men are unavailable. The decorations and treats turned out so cute for the shower.I know she must have felt extra special. How sweet that so many of the men stayed for the festivities.

Janet, sorry to hear of the death of your coffeemaker. How nice that you upgraded to a good machine, you are worth it. I drink 1 cup a day so I have just a basic machine and if it quit working I probably wouldn't make a special trip to get another, lol.

Zumba was fun, she had a few new routines including a new line dance. Eating has been great today, so that is one day in a row.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies! It's going to be gorgeous day today! I'm going to the gym today to do the elliptical. My left knee is acting up, so I want to "rest" it but not pounding it on the pavement, so to speak.

I just tried my first recipe from the 21 Day Fix cookbook: Banana Oat Pancakes. It made a large batter, so I can have more in the morning. I created the recipe on MFP and logged it into my tracker.

I finally finished my last puzzle for a while. It was very tricky to do. Many pieces were the same color and pattern! I'm going to take a break from puzzles as I need to get the program completed for "The Ballad of Robin Hood" which will be performed March 4 - 6. It was written by one of our church members and the cast is awesome! Have a great day all.

Bert

dkz00g41qqzy.jpg
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning OMG pals. Where are some of our ladies this week?

Bert- your puzzle is captivating!! I will search you out on Garmin and send you an invite for my Ladies Ready to Lose walking group.

Also, I linked some of you to a free week of clean eating on a Facebook page that starts on Monday. It looks really interesting and we can always learn something, like we did with Erin Stutland. If you are interested in learning about it, let me know and I will send you the link. There will be meal plans, recipes and fitness ideas. I'm always up for something new!!

Have I told you all how great I am feeling these days? Well, I am!! I have hit the 10 pounds off mark and energy level is through the roof. Of course some could be this weekend anticipation!

TT: please name two healthy, staple snacks you keep on hand at all times to keep you on track. If you don't keep snacks on hand, what will you do to change this today to keep you from falling off your program.

I am at the auto glass shop having my windshield replaced. Then work at the Podiatrist, afterwards I am meeting Jodi, Suzi's cousin, at the park to walk.

I walked in my back yard last night. It felt like hiking there are so many leaves and branches down! lol. It was nice to be outdoors. As far as my driving, the bright sun in my eye when it is getting close to dusk is worst than the night! I avoid both of these times. Night time is not that bad if there is not a lot of headlights.

Have a wonderful day.

Karla
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Bert- thanks for confirming my Garmin invite. Next I will send you an email for the group. So fun!!

Karla
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Good morning! I hope you all are having a good week! I think I have decided my body is ready to try some light muscle building exercises.
    Previously this has meant just creating knots in my body but I seem to be doing better and know my lower back would benefit from some better
    stomach support. I don't want to do anything too extreme quite yet; probably just a few sit ups for now and see how that goes.

TT: I ALWAYS have fuji apples on hand; they have been a magical food for me. Any time I am feeling a little "off" I eat one and feel better almost
    instantly. I don't know if it is more psychological than scientific but I don't care which it is; it works. Other than that I usually have a drawer full of my favorite
    veggies (carrots, cucumber and celery). For a long time I didn't eat veggies much because it felt like it was too much work to prepare them; even just
    to peel them, but now I am working on eating them more and more

On Thursday mornings I play taxi for a friend who doesn't have a car but needs to get to a cleaning job. It is a good time for us to check in with each other
    and have a little bit of chat time. I also pick her up when she is done, which is usually a nice break from my school. So, I suppose she would appreciate if I am
    dressed when I pick her up :wink:

Have a wonderful day
    Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • luzingg
    Options
    Good afternoon,

Up early, for me, to get my breakfast in and have time to have a nice long chat with BFF that was just diagnosed with breast cancer. She is in Disney and will be running a 5K with her husband and daughter. Daughter will also do the half marathon on Saturday. This will be her 4th year. It is called the Princess marathons and is done in full Disney style. Tinker Bell starts each race with a wave of her wand and some fairy dust sprinkled about. They will then be going on the cruise for 4 days. She will be telling her daughter on the cruise about her diagnosis and up coming treatment. She is pretty calm and confident, on the outside anyway. We will get together for lunch when she gets back and before her surgery. They are doing a lumpectomy and taking 1 axillary node as a precaution. Her surgery is March 2nd as an outpatient.
    I am so excited that my GF who is a Stampin Up demo has restart d her business and we will again be getting together once a month for card making, laughing and lunch. Have really missed these classes.

Jeanette, go slowly and gently with your return to exercise. But you know your body best. Just happy that you are feeling well enough to attempt some activity. Enjoy your "taxi time" with your friend.

Karla, how nice that you are feeling so energized, regardless of the reason.

TT: I rarely snack but do keep yogurt and cheese sticks for those times when I need a boost, mostly after I have been to the gym. I love nuts and they are something I cannot eat just a few of so don't keep them around. Of course almonds that are the best for you are ones I don't care for at all. Favorites are pistachios and pecans.....of course those are the highest in fat and I could easily eat them by the pound, lol.

Until we meet again ladies
    Patti
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Hi Girls-
    Diane- loved the pics- and adore Dr Seuss- sorry about the car issues.
    Janet- I bouguth a new coffee maker over the weekend- I'm spoiled I have a Mr. Coffee for weekdays and a Keruig for weekends and nights. Weekdays need more than one cup. LOL
    Myra- keep up the fight against depression. They need to find a cure for this debilitating illness.
    Bert- are the containers tiny? They look really small in pictures- I was looking at the green covered, which are veggies and I like a big salad- thoughts?
    I did weigh and measure everything for the last two days. Surprisingly my peanut butter and salad dressing I have been over estimating on- maybe I'm not getting enough good fats.
    LOL- I know but it was worth a try. Last night I made pasta and measured that too- this AM double check my chicken to enter correctly.
    I'm really focusing. I decided to not wait until after AZ to take charge.
    Maybe a walk when I get home if the weather holds. Very hectic day at work but I needed to see my lovely friends.
    More personals later if I can get back on.
    PS- started the new book. Loving it after 6 pages and it is flowing like a faucet- so wonderful to be writing again.
    Until later.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Hi -- Been working on kitchen organization most of the day. Shower soon and out to dine with my friend who recently lost her mother.

TT: Light & Fit Greek Yogurt (vanilla) is always in the house. Great to have with fruit, or with a bit of cinnamon. sometimes I stir some oats in with the cinnamon. Yeah, I'm weird. I also keep 100-calorie popcorn and always have apples and some sort of citrus, as well as rw veggies, salsa and hummus.

Karla, congrats on the ten-pound mark.

Diane, RIP your car. That never happens at a convenient time.

Jeanette, doing bridges is also good for the core. Good luck.

Bert, respect the knee.

Patti, thinking of your friend -- her prognosis sounds excellent and she will be rested and as ready as someone can be for her lumpectomy when she gets back.

Cindy, glad you are carpe-ing the diem with both eating and writing! I have a Nespresso as well as my regular coffeemaker. What can I say? Caffeine is important to me!

I got that under-table elliptical but my left foot and ankle are so messed up that using it even on the lowest tension (which is VERY tight -- my extremely fit organizer agreed) torques my good knee so I'm going to try to return it or will give it to someone. That's not in the cards until after I get whatever can be done to fix the ankle/foot issue completed and healed. When I stand, my leg bone is only about 2" off the floor and the ankle and foot, despite an rebuilt titanium arch, collapse so I walk on the inside of the foot and the foot points outward. Oh well -- doing my best!

Time to get going -- have a great evening.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Cindy: the containers are small, but you are to have 3 veggies (green container), 4 proteins (red), 2 fruit purple 2 carbs (yellow) etc. The amount you eat is based on your weight and their formula. Tonight I ate broiled cod, corn, and grapes. I crammed the grapes in the container !
  • luzingg
    Options
    TRX was a back to basics class, so definitely not over worked but feel great. Had a dinner all,planned but Edd wasn't hungry enough for it so switched it out for some tortilla pizzas. They come together so quickly.

Karla, you put the taco ring into my mind set of bought the low fat crescents. I need to figure out how to make a mini version. I planned on making meatloaf for Edd and using the word straight ground beef for my taco ring. I am sure I will figure something out

Janet, I am so sorry to hear about your foot/ankle/leg issues. You always amaze me with all you do despite the pain I know you miss at be in most of the time.

Cindy, hope working on the new book provides you with the stress relief you so desperately need. And, of course, we all win too eventually. So anxious for the R2S!

Off to watch Grays and then date nite for Blacklist and Shades of Blue.
    Patti
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hi ladies! You're chatty! I've restarted Piyo, which is another beach body program (Like 21 day fix ), and am on the first week. I haven't been logging walks for exercise but I've been logging the piyo workouts. I forgot how much I like it!

I'm behind on personals and tired tonight so I'll try to come back tomorrow for personals.

Night!
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    Good evening ladies. I have a prayer request for those of you who pray. Sorry if this is TMI. My daughter Andrea has 2 girls, Alanna and Avery.
    We have known all along that Alanna is Andrea's husband's, but there has been some question as to whether Avery was his. Andrea has insisted that
    she was not; but the court ordered paternity test just came back to prove that she is indeed his. Andrea has not let the dad see Avery at all; he has only seen
    pictures of her on Facebook. I'm very concerned about what he will try to do, what the court will think about Andrea lying about having had the
    paternity test already (saying she had one that proved someone else was the father) and how this will affect both girls. I couldn't even talk to Andrea about it
    because she was just crying so much she couldn't talk. I shudder to think that the dad will end up with more custody rights than is good for those babies.
    Thanks, ladies
    Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Jeanette, my prayers are with you, Andrea and the girls -- and with the court to decide in the best interest of the little ones. Hugs.

Had a splurge dinner -- my friend and I split a small tomato & goat cheese tart and I had trout with slender green beans and fingerling potatoes, plus one small piece of bread and a glass of very nice white wine. It was good to catch up with her when we really had a chance to chat.

Tired. Over for the day but OK with that. House is stocked to keep me centered foodwise all weekend. By the time you read this, it should be appropriate to say TGIF!
  • xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Good night Ladies,
    Too late to do personal comments tonight, but I've read everything and am at least "in the loop". Will catch up tomorrow morning, I hope! Praying for your family Jeanette. Sleep well.

Hugs,
    MaryLynn
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning and TGIF!!! I had a great walk and great talk with Jodi. We plan on making it a regular edentate and doing it more frequently. She is a sweetheart. Just like Suzi.

Jeanette- my heart bleeds for your family dear. Of course my prayers have been sent for peace and safety of all involved. My son is in a mess with child support on his first wife and his tax refund. His attorney is trying to get it straightened out as he has two agencies trying to dock the same $1700. Not as severe as your situation, just sharing that there is always something with split families. The children are caught up in the middle of the adult mess. My grandson is 12 from this marriage. My son also pays the child support to his second wife's husband for his two step kids. Geez.

Janet- Your meal doesn't sound like a splurge at all but sound perfect to me!! I'm sure you both reveled in each other's company. So thrilled you socialized and I know it did your friend well. The loss of a parent is earth shattering.

Bert- I bet you will enjoy the cookbook and containers with your new system. I will get you that invite for the group this morning.

Diane- What type vehicle will you be looking at? I'm thinking now we should get through this year too. Glenn is putting in for his retirement in December. My car is only five years old and still under 100% warranty until 145k miles. His vehicle is a Camry and in great shape. Both paid for. We've been looking. But...

Patti- How is your eating? Are you stringing together some good days? I know you can do it if you can get that self control back. Tell that Patti no no!! Lol.

Mary Lynn- Thank you for your encouraging remarks on my feed. I am definitely on a roll.

Beth- I have heard about the PiLo. Please share about it.

My stomach is growling so I better so feed it. Today I am taking Izzy for a haircut, the education bookstore and the library. Fun times.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning,Ladies.....I had a rough night sleeping last night.....weather is changing and my left knee (the one that has arthritis and torn meniscus) and left hip kept me from relaxing enough to sleep. Anyone have suggestions on how to help this situation? I believe a nap is in store for today.

Jeanette: So sorry about the paternity issues. I'll pray for your family.

Janet: Did you know that yesterday was National Wine Day? I didn't either until one of my friends posted it. So you celebrated the holiday! :o)

Today I am taking lasagna, garlic bread, and Marie Calendar's Rassleberry Pie to my former principal and dear friend with cancer whom I talked about. She is debating about taking more chemo. Have a great day!

Bert

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    HI Ladies-
    A quick good morning to you all-
    Jeannette- have faith that everything will work out in the best interest of the children my prayers are with the courts to make the right choice and for your daughter to have strength.
    She if fortunate to you have you by her side.
    Janet- I'm glad you enjoyed your self last night and your meal sounds wonderful - mindful choices and wonderful company. I am so proud of you.
    Sorry the mini elliptical isn't working out well- I didn't realize a surgery for your ankle was on the horizon. Glad you have good food choices for the weekend.
    Karla- a new walking partner how wonderful. How is Glenn doing on his plan? Still losing?
    Bert- The information I have found regarding containers is 3 green, 2- purple 4- red 2 yellow, 1 blue 1 orange and 2 spoons- I am assuming that is for the day- correct?
    I laughed when I read you crammed in the grapes- guess we are working on portion control. :)
    Patti- A good solid workout might be just what you need- maybe cut the taco ring recipe in half?
    MaryLynn- Good Morning
    Beth- Good Morning
    Myra- Good Morning
    Lisa- How is your week?
    Vikki- Are you out there? Good Morning
    One final office day before the sales meeting- my presentation is still a work in progress and I need to finish everyone else and get the agenda set.
    I will be done by 4 as I don't want to work on anything this week but my blog post and the new book- need to think of a working title.
    No news from the proof reader as to when I will get it back. and I don't want to bug her.
    Need to have the girls get the cover and back page up for people to see and hopefully build some interest.
    If anyone has the inclination feel free to share my LR facebook page- I'd like to hit 250 likes before the end of the month.
    But certainly NO pressure.
    Need to run- have a great morning and I'll be back soon.
    Cindy
  • bertevans
    Options
    Cindy: Yes it's for the day. I remember when I belonged to WW, my leader said she "crammed every bit" she could into whatever containers she used.j :o)

One of my student teachers just asked for a letter of recommendation. Makes me feel good that she values my opinion of her.

Bert