Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Replies

• cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Good Morning Girls-
    Suzi sending hugs- Laci is playing in the sunshine now and her spirit it with you always.
    Karla- safe travels
    Bert- the salad sounds good. I ordered the containers that work with the program- not the actually program- hoping it will get my portions under control.
    Patti- your weather starts to get nice soon- send it east.
    Myra- hopefully the body will want fruits and veggies :)
    I'm with Patti I'd be leaning towards junk.. lol
    Have gotten my walk in today and a good breakfast- well balanced and water. Good start to the day. Need to get laundry done so I can pack tomorrow.
    See you all later
    Cindy
  • LivLovLrn
    LivLovLrn Posts: 580 Member
    Good morning ladies!
    I hope you are all having a good weekend. I have been trying to talk my daughter into letting the dad see Avery right away to try to diffuse some of the anger I’m sure he has. So far she has not agreed, but I think she is starting to see my point. I very very very much appreciate your prayers and words of encouragement. Thank you for that.

Suzi- Sorry about your dog; losing a pet is like losing a friend

Beth - it sounds like you are doing really well! Great job!

Cindy – Congrats on starting the new book. I hope the containers will help you with portion control, if that is what is getting you

Janet - Bummer about the ellipitical not working. Do you enjoy swimming at all? That is the only thing that comes to mind that is pretty easy on the body but still good cardio

Bert – love the puzzle, it must have taken a lot of patience to do that one!

Patti – it’s always nice when you find just the right thing. I think it is smart to keep the pocket book closed when it “says” to do so :wink:

Karla - I can’t afford to eat clean, but it is something I would love to be able to do. I buy a few organic things and hope to eventually get to where I can eat all clean foods.

Myra – I like almonds too, they are one of my favorite snack proteins.

MaryLynn – not sure why you don’t think of yourself as an encourager, because you are very good at it :smile:

Karla – have a good/safe trip!

I’m off to finish homework and hopefully later (finally) catch Star Wars before it is out of the theaters (before Miss Alanna comes over)

Have a great day and weekend
    Grace and peace to you
    Jeanette
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Happy Saturday! 35 years ago I became an aunt -- happy, happy day! My nieces are just the best.

Woke up at 4:30 after 3 1/2 hours of sleep and have been up since 6. Left for errands about 7 and got a lot done. Weather is gorgeous here so am going to go work in the garage soon. More donations will be packed up. My kitchen is now reasonably well weeded out and organized. So I've accomplished stuff already, which is nice.

My new mantra: "I'm not going to eat anything right now." Said that to myself while out this morning and was successful at avoiding temptation. Had a protein shake when I got home and am going to keep repeating that sentence often. It can't hurt. And if I say "right now," I'm not telling myself I can never eat anything. If this will help me deflect and defer, it's worth a try.

Myra, good luck today. So hard to figure out sometimes what our bodies really want. I rarely feel truly full but do my best to stop at a reasonable intake.

Cindy, happy packing - a change of scene sounds so appealing, even for work/

Karla, I know you'll have a great time. Enjoy every minute!

Patti, hope you can get outdoors for a bit today -- so nice out!

Bert, euchre is fun -- fast-paced and lends itself to gentle trash-talking. The black bean/quinoa salad sounds delicious.

Beth, I looked plyo up -- sounds interesting but tough on the joints. But you're young!

Jeanette, I do swim - if there is a pool where everyone else is blind and sworn to secrecy. VERY self-conscious when fully clothed, so being seen in a bathing suit is terrifying. At least I own one now, for the first time in years. I don't have access to a pool but after all my surgery stuff is done might look into the Y (nearest pool they have is half an hour from here). I dislike ALL exercise intensely -- extremely bad associations - I was a major target every time I tried anything at school and at home. In fact, I get really tense even reading the words "exercise" or "fitness" -- it's a deeply embedded reflex. There are zero "exercise" activities I consider fun (at least given my current lack of romance ...). I do try to move as much as I'm able, I stretch and am very flexible. Need to call Amazon about the machine -- hoping I can return it.

OK, I let myself rest a bit on the computer -- time to get back to it!

• xjsjaguar
    xjsjaguar Posts: 300 Member
    Suzi: It hurts so much to say goodbye to Laci; my heart aches for your deep loss. We faced a similar loss two years ago when we had to put Brandon (our Westie) to sleep. I do understand.

Bert: What a busy day ahead for you with shopping, cleaning, cooking and the euchre fun! When we lived in Mexico for 5 yrs. we learned new ways of combining ingredients, like that salad with black beans. Still miss fresh corn tortillas sometimes and the mexican limes too!

Myra: I'm with you on the almond anything! I add a few to yogurt along with ground flaxseed. As you tune in to truly physical needs, it can be so revealing ... enjoy your experiment today!

Karla: Have a wonderful time in your travels today as you enjoy some R&R with close friends!

Patti: Great farm fresh breakfast that makes me crave the same for lunch today! So nice that the weather is giving you a beautiful day in Ohio. We have sunny warmth here today as well.

Beth: Sounds like the Piyo is just the right balance for your unique needs, which is important. Weekends allow that little extra time to catch up on cleaning and also to nurture relationships.

Cindy: Great to get active early in the day, as it is SO energizing and positive for mind, body and soul! Enjoy your weekend preparations for the week ahead. Celebrate how great you feel!

Jeanette: Glad you are getting a chance to talk to your daughter and finding the words to say. Good for you to tackle your homework in the midst of all that is going on around you. Not easy to remain disciplined, but you are somehow DOING just that, along with upping activities!

Enjoy your day ahead, all!

MaryLynn
  • JP_in_KY
    Update -- Amazon has arranged a pickup for the disastrous machine. Got it boxed up -- not neatly and it bulges but tough -- wrestled it as best I could and it's out so UPS can pick it up and I never have to lift it again! Whew.

Took Advil and now heading garageward to divest myself of a few things stored out there. After that, who knows? Reminding myself that even a small amount of progress is progress nonetheless!
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Well the salad is wonderful! I had some for lunch. I'll post the recipe when I have time.

Patti: I've been playing euchre since I was a kid. I mostly just love the fellowship as we attend church together and love to be together.

Cindy: I purchased the containers and also the cookbook. That's where I got the quinoa salad recipe. The containers have really helped me this week. Mike "snickers " when I put my food in them. I made a chart for myself and check off what container I've eaten from each meal. I'm a visual person and this helps me remember what food groups I've eaten.

Mary Lynn: I've never been to Mexico but would like to some time. I really enjoy Margaritas, too!!

Janet: Good luck in organizing the garage. I, like Patti, need to buckle down and organize my "office/craft/junk room". It also is neatly junky. I get overwhelmed when trying to figure out what to do to get it organized.

Today is gorgeous!! I just got in from taking a walk and now I'm resting my back and knees. I'm at 8,000 steps!!

Bert
  • bertevans
    I just posted the Quinoa/Black Bean Salad in the Recipe Group. It's very good!
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    Hi gang. It's way past time for me to check in. The Mardi Gras trip where I got to have supper with Karla was a roaring success on all fronts. We had a great time and my WW plan for that week worked well! My plan was track everything every day except Fat Tuesday and limit the gain to no more than 2 pounds. After getting home last Saturday night, I had a solo work trip beginning this Tuesday. My goal for this week was to get 100 WW Fit Points and to not snack on crap while driving. Check and check. Today was my WW weigh in day and I only gained 0.4 for the two weeks. Yay me!!

It's been a terribly sad week for our family. Making the decision to put Laci to sleep was horrible, as anyone who's ever experienced that well knows. I try to take comfort that it was the right decision, and I believe with all my heart that she was trying to tell me yesterday that's what she wanted. It was Dave's worst nightmare come true for something to happen to her while I was out of town. Yesterday afternoon I had an appointment across town and he put all the doggy stuff - beds, bowls, toys, etc in the attic while I was gone so it didn't upset me to look at it. I've cried so much the past few days that I've given myself a bad headache, but am finally feeling some better. Thank you, Janet, for delivering the message to the group and thank you everyone for the cyber-love, hugs, thoughts and prayers. I've promised Dave that I'll try to live without a dog for a while since it complicates our travel, but have made it clear that I'm unsure whether I can actually do it or not. Since I was 6 weeks old, there's only been one 2-week period that I didn't have a dog of my own and I'm just not sure whether I can go without one or not. He's not sure he wants to be dogless either, but we're gonna give it a try.

We've got "Tulip" (the RV) out of the barn and are getting ready for a hiking trip to AZ. We leave next Tuesday. We'll spend some time in Phoenix with my cousin and several days at the Grand Canyon, but no definite schedule. We have to be home by March 10. Since this trip will be with Mr. Accountability rather than my 2 biggest co-conspirators, it won't be nearly as challenging, WW-speaking. I'm looking forward to the hiking and picture taking. That reminds me, I need to dump some camera cards so I'll have space for those pix!

Dinner out and a Here Come the Mummies concert with friends tonight. I'll try to check in tomorrow.
  • smack59
    smack59 Posts: 316 Member
    I know it's early, but pleaseKEEP MY MINI GOAL THE SAME. We'll be off the grid quite a bit during this trip, so I may not be posting much. I need to maintain that momentum.
  • JP_in_KY
    Suzi, congrats on holding the line while traveling.

Karla, I see you've been on the go in Florida. Hope your eye and nerves are cooperating.

Bert, thanks for the recipe.

What a random day for me. I have taken two loads to Goodwill (household goods -- had lots of things in cabinets in the garage that I truly don't need and it has gone to find a more useful future. Two rounds of errands have taken me to grocery store, Petsmart, fabric store, liquor store, gas station, Hallmark store, local-goods store (2016 Derby glasses are in) and Goodwill twice. Have been doing stuff almost nonstop for 12 hours so am about to take myself off duty, have some Advil and put my feet up. Feeling good about accomplishing a strange assortment of stuff. MUCH more to do but being out and about on a gorgeous day (73 and sunny -- had the moon roof open) lifted my spirits.

Thinking about what my goal will be next week. Hmmmm.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Hello all. Another late check in for me, after two packed days.

I worked yesterday even though I had planned to be off - just had too much work stacked up. We did leave about 2 hours early, and went car shopping. Yes, John declared that my car is truly dead. He says there are bits of metal in the transmission fluid, so a new transmission would be required. It just isn't worth putting that kind of money in a 12 year old car with 215K miles on it. We are looking for something we can tow behind the RV, so pretty limited in choices. We have narrowed it to either a Subaru Forester or a Jeep Cherokee, and are leaning towards the Jeep. We would still have to get it modified to tow on top of the purchase price, so it will be expensive. But I think I would like the Jeep for another 10+ year car, whereas the Subaru I wouldn't want to drive that long. Anyway, that had us out till quite late last night.

Then today we went and helped my nephew with plumbing. His house remodel is not QUITE as complete as my son's, but nearly. They are finishing the mostly unfinished half, on a slab, that had a terrible bathroom in it. He built up a platform where the toilet and shower will be one step up from the rest of the bathroom, so the drain lines would work. We had to break up some of the concrete slab to connect to the drain lines. Got most of the drain line in and just some of the supply. We will go back next Friday to finish. Then a few weeks later, when he has the rest of the framing done, we will go back and do electric. My brother (nephew's dad) was also there today, and he and nephew were mostly working on framing. Nephew lives about 2 hours from us, so it was a very long day. We left at 7 this morning, and got back about 9:30 tonight.

For those of you who don't know, about a year and a half ago my son and his wife of (at that time) less than a year bought a house that we have since totally gutted and rebuilt from the inside out, including moving walls, replacing 100% of the plumbing and 85% of the wiring. All work done by just the four of us, except for hanging drywall and replacing the furnace. It's not totally done yet, but they have taken about a year break since they got it livable. I don't think DIL realized how much work it would be, and needed a break from the constant construction. He is going to start again this spring, so need to get my nephew on track before son starts again. Next projects for him are finishing the master bath, installing windows in the master bedroom, (the master is still unfinished), new front porch and mud room, and then new roof and siding. We will do all except digging the footers for the porch and mudroom, and the roof and siding.

Eating today was good except for the girl scout cookies I bought when I went to Lowe's for plumbing supplies. Luckily my brother, nephew and John ate most of them! Yesterday was fair.

So, no personals though I have read all. And tomorrow I am off on another business trip until Thursday. I will be totally out of touch for much of the week, because I will be on a ship at sea this time!

I will try to catch up tomorrow before my flight if I can.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Suzi, so glad you checked in. I am totally impressed with how well you did on your trip. You must feel so empowered being in control of YOU. When we lost our sweet Sheba 7 years ago I made the declaration that we would go 1 year without a dog so we could travel. Danes are puppies until they are 3 and quite a handful. So we really couldn't ask anyone to watch a puppy for more than a day or two and that is pushing it. After 6 weeks my new declaration was we either get a dog or get a divorce. We got Frankie 2 weeks after that and it was the best decision we ever made. She has been a dream dog. Trained in a blink and travels like it is her job. I hope your trip helps ease your heart a bit.

Diane, for your lifestyle I bet the Jeep will be the better car for you. I can't believe you are rehabbing another house and still have your son's to finish. Enjoy your work at sea. Do they have a gym for you to workout in while you are on board?

Janet, I feel like a total slug now, hearing all that you did. I really got very little done. Spent a lot of time in the kitchen and a little time in the craft room. I am going to have to hit it tomorrow. But Edd will be watching the Daytona 500 tomorrow, so I will not feel guilty hanging out in the craft room. BTW I love your new mantra, sounds like a plan that could work. It's all about believing.

I did spend some time on the back porch, just enjoying the weather, so all is not lost. My taco "thing" turned out great on top of a bed of lettuce with some guac on the side. Edd made out with a pepper jelly glazed meatloaf and twice baked potato. We will have a repeat tomorrow with the leftovers, yeah no cooking for me.

Myra, KEEP MY MINI OMG THE SAME. I have tracked the last 3 days and need to keep my momentum going.

Jeanette, I just can't get your daughter and the girls off my mind. I so pray it all works out and they can come to a peaceable settlement.

Mary Lynn, you have such a lovely way of expressing yourself. I could read your posts all day. You just seem like such a calm and centered person. Thank you for all your support and encouragement.

Enough for tonight. See you ladies tomorrow.
    Patti

• KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Hello ladies from beautiful Destin. We had a blast yesterday and my brother Keith is joining us today. My bff in Panama City's husband has a bad infection and they couldn't come. He had two hip replacements last year and it is very touchy. She was so disappointed, but couldn't be helped. It's in his leg too. Prayers please.

Myra- please update my goal to: drink 72 ounces water daily.

Janet- Even my housekeeper was impressed I had deck uttered my kitchen counter area where I keep my teas and coffee. So I am continuing that too. You are on a roll.

Patti- So glad you enjoyed the taco square. Lol. They are delish any shape.

Diane- Glenn was looking at the Jerp too. nice.

Suzi- I'm going to need to take Brutus to Vet when I return. He has two really bad teeth, but don't know if due to his age he could take the surgery. I walked with Jodi last week and we had at great talk too. We are doing again next week.

Jeanette- what age is the youngest granddaughter? I'm with you on going ahead and slowly working into it. Bless you.

Beth.- I did yoga for awhile at my church, great stretching.

Bert- We live Spades.

Glenn and I crashed out early last night and Minica and Steve went down to Marfaritaville and listened to a band. We are right on the Harbur. Glenn was having bad gastric pains and had to lay down. Being his nurse, so did I. We will have fun today. It's 62 degrees and cloudy and high of 71. Going to shop at Belles. Love that place. Plus want to hit the racks at Chico's and Brighton.

Back later on,
    Karla
  • bertevans
    Good Morning, Ladies......just a quick check in before I get ready for church. Breakfast is tracked.

Karla: We had a Brutus too. He was the 15 year old pug I mentioned about.

Will check back later......have a great day.

Bert
  • Java_Mom115
    Java_Mom115 Posts: 43 Member
    Good morning! Quick check into ask Myra to keep my goal the same for next week.

Back later.
  • JP_in_KY
    edited February 2016
    Good morning, all.

NEW MINI-GOAL: AT LEAST FIVE SERVINGS OF VEGETABLES EACH DAY.

Karla, sounds like a fun trip -- let us know what you find during your shopping adventure. Sorry about your friend's husband. With joint replacements, infections are not to be trifled with -- I'll need to take antibiotics every time I go to the dentist for the rest of my life, just to be on the safe side.

Beth, did you get the horrible winds? My niece in South Lyon was without power yesterday -- on her birthday.

Patti, you've made me hungry for taco salad!

Diane, have a safe trip and I hope you have time to enjoy the majesty of the sea. My ex's parents in CO have a Cherokee and love it. Subarus are solid too -- whichever you choose will be a great car for a long time. Your handywoman skills boggle my mind.

Bert, how is your knee today?

Cindy, are you packed and ready for the southwest sunshine and fabulous fresh salsa?

I deliberately overdid yesterday -- was in the mood and it felt so good to accomplish what I did. Am paying for it a little today, which is fine -- will choose less-taxing tasks today. Not sure which ones yet because coffee is still sinking in here.

Back later. Wishing everyone a terrific day.
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    good Sunday to you all!

All the traveling most of you do...... reminds me of what a "home"body i am! perhaps it's just a stage of life. Time will tell.

Janet- congrats on all you did yesterday! wowsers!

Bert- hope your knee is better

Karla- sounds like you are enjoying FL, even if you didn't get to see your panama city off.

Diane- wow, you are so multi-talented! I'm so impressed you know so much about building a home! a jeep or jeep-ish vehicle does sound like it would suit your needs and lifestyle. enjoy(?) your time at sea. i would be afraid of turning green :(

(((Suzi)))

Patti- thanks for the chuckle about "no dog for a year" turning into "new dog" vs. "divorce" decree. I'm more of a cat person, but I can so totally relate. I have both an old dog and an older cat right now. I love my dog, but i'm IN love with my cat. if that makes any sense.

My experiment yesterday went "OK" I was really trying to not eat ANYTHING unless it was for the reason of fueling my physical body. For the past couple of months, i have been primarily stress and emotion eating.... we all know that can't go on too long without serious repercussions. it's still a work in progress, but I have learned that i have to REPLACE the stress/emotion eating with an appropriate behavior and not just try to use self-control alone (cause it just isn't working) now... to figure out what replacements actually work for me ;)

I have also figured out that I have been resisting my "reality" instead of accepting it. I guess it's time to bring the "serenity prayer" back into my life on a regular basis. I believe that is why i had such a down week..... my hip pain came back (to a lesser degree) and I just "let myself" emotionally spiral downwards. thank you all for your encouragement as i once more forge ahead :)

I have noted all the mini goal changes and will officially post on Monday morning.

waiving hello to all I missed!
    Myra
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Hi Girls-
    Rick and I walked already today and it was over 50 minutes. Not sure how many more so i tracked as 50. I'm not packed but laundry is done and I can get that done. Boarding pass is printed so yeah me.
    I'm not sure I'll be able to check in for the next few days but I will do my best to track and stay focused.
    Bert- I ordered the containers and I will get back on track. Portion control is the key and they will be very helpful for breakfast and lunch during the work week. I didn't get the cookbook as I eat fairly simply during the week, no combo foods. I'm sure I'lll need to figure that out next but Thursday hopefully they will be here and waiting for me to get started.
    Janet- sound like you had a good Saturday.
    Patti- your dinner sounds yummy. Pepper jelly glazed meatloaf for Edd sounds good too.
    Karla- have a great time in Destin with friends.
    Myra- I'm right there with you - emotional and stress eating. We will get this under control.
    Jeannette- still sending prayers for your daughter.
    Suzi- I'm glad Dave is supportive of you loss. Our fur babies are just that our babies.
    Diane- what about a Ford escape- aren't they a good tagalong vehicle too?
    Need to run but if I have missed someone it wasn't intentional.
    Take care and I'll be in touch soon.
    Cindy
  • 68myra
    68myra Posts: 975 Member
    @cindyr619 and everyone else:

I don't know who this dude is, but I enjoyed reading his blog post:http://zenhabits.net/emotional-eating-issues/
  • bertevans
    This afternoon I prepped veggies for the week. I broiled tuna steak tonight. It was pretty good.

Janet:and Myra: My knee feels a little better today. I was worried because I got in 11K steps yesterday. I slept with a pillow under my knees which seemed to help a little bit. Getting older isn't for sissies.

Cindy: I would be glad to email you a list of options for the containers if you would like.

Friday is my seminar for student teachers. It will be nice to talk with them again. This week will be devoted to getting the program ready for the upcoming musical written by one of our church members. The performances are March 4-6.

Can anyone tell me how to log in my measurements on MFP? I'm wanting to do that and then check the numbers in a month or so.

Bert