OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• Paulabobadilla
    Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Patti, it really is coming together now. Once kitchen is done and we finish bathroom I'll be having electric inspected so we can get it turned on then water, once he finishes running the plumbing.

Bert, glad you got the hummingbird out safe!!

Today is a bed day I believe. Got up to fix Adilynn a sandwich and vertigo struck and I almost hit a wall lol. Took Meclizine but usually takes 2 to 3 doses to really help. Hoping it helps soon though. There are boxes I want to take down to the other house. But alas, must listen to my body.

Paula
  • cindyr619
    cindyr619 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    hi everyone,
    Bert the bird rescuer- it has a nice ring to it.
    Nice fit pit and the smore looked delish
    Paula- the kitchen looks great- do you have an estimated time of completion?
    Patti, I'm so glad you enjoyed the MacLellan Sisters- its a compliment when you say you couldn't read them slowly - lol
    Janet, Diane and Karla - HELLO

We are off to Maine for a week, we were supposed to leave Saturday but Rick says he needs another day to prepare. I think it is because all he can focus on is the MRI on Friday night after work- the final test before we go to the neurologist- I pray we get a diagnosis on the 11- At least then I have some concrete to work with. Double edge sword but I'm really tired of waiting, he went to the memory clinic first time in October 2018-
    Any way eating is terrible, not really exercising but writing books -so that is a positive its my escape.

Need to run but wanted to check in
    Hugs to all
    Cindy
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Cindy, no date of completion as of yet. We'll know more after bathroom is finished. I am praying you get answers after the MRI. It's so hard just not knowing.

Took Adi to her second day of preschool. She almost cried but composed herself. She will adjust soon enough.

Long sleepless night due to Alex climbing in bed with us. I had to get up and go to couch and I just don't sleep good on the couch.

Kati is taking Diego to Dr this morning to readjust his meds again. They had her stop it last week and man the past couple days have not been fun. Poor kid, he is dx'd with the step before bi-polar disorder so imagine him without meds.

Well I'm going to rest until I have to keep the baby while they go.

Paula
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    y3xr2rk3xr25.jpg

Here's a before during picture of kitchen. It gives a better look at what we've done.
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Cindy, enjoy your trip to Maine, I cannot imagine the stress you have both been under just waiting. I will continue to pray for a miracle on his behalf. I have seen some of the authors you have posted on FB and have downloaded one by Judith Hudson.

Paula, I love before and afters. You have come so far on this house, you should feel so accomplished. I am glad that they don't just put Diego on meds and let him ride, so to speak. I know it is not easy on the family but children change so quickly and it sounds like the Dr is not just phoning it in. Praying they get him on the least amount of meds to control his behaviors. Adi sounds a lot like you with her "sucking it up" and not crying, lol. She must be a joy.

Janet, any up coming concerts for you? I wish I was closer so I could experience them with you. Are you going golfing with James now that the weather is cooling down?

Bert, when is the LG supposed to be delivered? I am still appalled at this whole saga.

Waving hi to Karla and Diane

Had a nice day with mom. Then came home and made a batch of peach jalapeno jam, this one is hot! Today is lunch at Red Lobster with the girls. I haven't eaten at one in many, many years. Getting ready for the holiday weekend and a week at the cabin. We have 7 people coming for the weekend and the menu has been semi formed. I will finish the shopping tomorrow after I take mom to get her labs done. Have to work tonight and it is another big sale set, so I will be home late and tired. TRX tomorrow night is the last class of our 4 week bootcamp. We start round 2 Sept 9th. I really need to get back to better eating. Not gaining but not losing either and it is time to push myself.

Patti
  • bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. It's gorgeous outside, so I'm working in the flower beds and also going to spray for weeds. I just want to be outside. I'm picking up Jillian and Cole again today as Carrie has a doctor's appointment out of town.

Today is Dylan and Penny's first day of school. He is in 5th and Penny is in 2nd. They are growing up too fast!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert4zytieiuntry.jpeg
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Patti, I agree with before/after pics. They really show the progress. Don't work too hard setting up for sale!!

Bert, Dylan and Penny are adorable!! They do grow up so fast.

Well they put Diego on a stronger dose of the first medication that worked so well for him. Not sure why they took him off of it instead of upping it in the first place. So in a week or do he should be back to his loveable self ❤️😀❤️😀

My head is killing me today, the last two days I've done alot if sleeping, really hoping it's not a relapse coming on. I always get sooooo tired before it happens. Hoping it's just me being tired from all the work and babysitting. Only time will tell.

Paula
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Good morning all!

Babysitting Adi and Luis today. Went to Dr Monday for my diabetes check and my A1c is 6.1 woo hoo! I'm still on medications but as long as it's below 7 I'm in the target range. To be considered controlled it has to be below 7 and I haven't had one above 7 since 2015 so I must be doing something right. I'm sure that playing with the baby and grandkids is helping cause it's keeping me busy.

Now to figure out this fatigue I've been having. I'm seriously tired if being tired. Been 4 days now.

Hope you all are doing well!

Paula
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello all, whew what a day so far. My gf called for help to get her husband out of the house and to the Dr. That was quite the chore. Our other friend is going to help get him back in and then out again to go get an MRI. I am on call to get him back in the house. He really needs to be in a nursing facility but without a qualifying 3 day hospital stay it wouldn't be covered. She is not in great physical health either. I am so worried for them and have little to offer. I took mom to get her labs drawn and she has a cold so I feel double guilty for leaving town.
    On a lighter note, when I got home from work last night 2 winged creatures flew out of my basement and circled my kitchen, dining room and living room a couple of times then returned to the basement. Scared the crap out of me. I thought they were bats but Edd thinks they are birds. They did the fly over a couple of times. On the 4th trip one flew out the back door. As far as I know the other one is still in the basement. I need to do laundry but afraid to go down there until Edd gets home and clears the area, lol.

Paula, I hope you are not having a flare. It may just be that you are exhausted because of all you have been doing between the house and the kids. Great news on the a1c!

Looks like we should all be having good weather for the weekend. Enjoy whatever you have planned or whatever comes your way.
    Patti
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Patti, my offer is still on the table about the rollator walker. I also have a wheelchair, it's the kind with 4 wheels so would have to be pushed by someone but may make moving him easier, just let me know. They aren't being used so are available if needed.

Well my afternoon was spent at Dr office with baby Luis. He fell and hit his head on the tile floor, which would have been ok but I picked him up and he started vomiting right away. So I called Dr and they wanted to see him cause he vomited so fast after fall. Now, I worked in the same pediatric office, I know what to watch for but when he vomited right away it even scared me. Dr. Markovich is amazing and he knows I know how to deal with situations but I told him that the rapidness of the vomiting scared me, he said I did the right thing. Everything seems ok with baby. No tender spots, eyes not dilated, acting normal, no more vomiting but geesh should have seen me rushing to get shower, get Adi ready, get him ready and get out the door lol. Amazing the energy you find when it's needed. Home now, baby Luis is napping because Dr Markovich said no restrictions. He also told me that he would be concerned but with children they are typically fine with up to a 4 ft fall. Now that my mind is at ease, Adi is with her mom, big boys are at school, Luisito is sleeping I'm resting lol.

Have a great rest of your day!!
  • luzingg
    Options
    Paula, thank you so much for your offer. He has a walk with front wheels and that is almost too many wheels for him, lol. He tried to use Mom's but he goes too fast and it is not safe. I will keep you in mind for the wheelchair if needed but I think she may already have one or has access to one. I have encouraged her to get a lift chair. He is so tall that getting out of any chair is difficult so I will push her to follow through. Again, thank you. Amazing how a website has made is all such loving and supportive friends. You were so smart to get right to the Dr with baby Luis. What a relief that all is well on that front. I bet your adrenaline was pumping 90 miles a minute. Hope you were able to get some rest before everyone gets home.

Last class of session one of TRX bootcamp. Now I have a week off. Can't wait to see what he has dreamed up for the next session. The trainer is ex army drill Sargent and it shows but he has a huge heart, great sense of humor and is the most supportive guy. He takes our whining and teasing well, lol

Patti

• JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning! Time to check in while I sip coffee.

Patti, you are a gift to all your friends, but particularly for this one. You've told me a bit about her unenviable situation and I know the extra hands are needed for her lawfully-wedded handful.

Paula, kids re so resilient - glad Luis is OK, but you did the right thing (and I know they were happy to see you, despite the reason). It's amazing how the body can react quickly in an emergency - adrenaline is helpful sometimes. Hope you're not having a major flare, but listening to your body is good. Congrats on getting the a1c down - not easy, but so worth it!

Bert, the kids are just so cute. Fifth grade for Dylan - yikes! Penny sure looks like you. Is today New Fridge Day? You should celebrate with a toast at the fire pit - your backyard oasis is so inviting.

Karla, how is Kerry doing today? Hoping home health will give you relief soon. Also hoping your FL friends and relatives are relatively unaffected by Dorian.

Cindy, I love Maine - have a lobster roll for me! And clams too.

Diane, your photos are feeing my soul. (Accidentally typed "soup" instead of "soul" for a moment. Guess I need that coffee, but at least the first sips let me catch and fix the typo.)

No big weekend plans here - how about the rest of you? James has suggested we go out this evening - more his thing than mine, but this introvert will go along and hope for some good people-watching. Had a primary-care appointment yesterday and all is well (saw blood results last night). She's cleared my Type II diabetes from my problem list. Whee!!!!!

Hugs to all - have a fun Labor Day weekend.
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. I don't have anything on the agenda today, and that feels great! I need to put the worship service on Power Point this morning and that's it for plans! Yesterday, I met with my campus students for to give them their assignments and talk about expectations for the course. I just finished emailing them the templates they need for the course. They are supposed to be available on the course website; however, I now know that they have what they need.

Fridgegate is coming to an end, I hope! I talked to the person in charge of processing the order. We are not getting the LG as the first available delivery date is November 4!!! So I decided to choose a different fridge. We will get a GE, and it will be delivered on Sept. 23. (It better be!) It will have a 1 year manufactor warranty and the Sears warrany will be added on (I have until July 2020). I certainly hope I don't have to deal with Sears again. What a NIGHTMARE!

Patti: I'll be the birds are definitely scary. SO glad one flew out. Hope you get the other one out too.

Paula: Happy Luis is ok. What a scare! Hope you're feeling ok.

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    5s96i5ygw39p.jpg

7zcboikajxof.jpg

dh2pxdgz1hk2.jpg

Grouting is complete, should be starting on bathroom this weekend or early next week!

• bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. We attended a high school football game last night to watch Greg and Carrie's nephew play. He did well and played on defense for most of the game. We hadn't been to that field since Dan was there 20 years ago! It was fun.

Today, I'm heading to the gym and will float in the pool for awhile. I get my hair cut at 4:15 (much needed) and then will go to dinner with friends.

Janet: Congrats on you blood test results!

Paula: Kitchen looks great!

Waving hi to Karla, Diane, Patti, and Cindy. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    A quick hello from Louisville. Bert, smart to email everything to your students - giving them backup is the kind thing to do. Hope they are the best crop yet. Paula, the kitchen looks amazing, Stove goes on the left?

It's way humid here today. We've had several breaks of 1-2 days of decent (no more than low 80s, less humid) weather, but the joy of summer and the ragweed are both back. Good day to stay in, do small things around the house, and maybe have a nap (something I need but am generally not good at). Despite the milder weather in Idaho, I did have one afternoon where heat + altitude + fried food got to me and I had strong symptoms of reaction to heat. My system doesn't like it - thank heaven for AC and cold water! My nurse practitioner had me start Flonase (I have the cheap generic version) for allergies (I already take Rx Singulair every night) to see if that'll help clear my sinuses more effectively. Not a big deal at all, but a bit more relief would be lovely. My eating's been alternately quite good and not so good, so I'm planning ahead for dinner - salad, salmon, little red spuds, and some sort of veggies.

OK, better get on with it - hugs to all!
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Afternoon! I’m heading to Chicago tomorrow for a SMWC visit with my student teacher. I’m staying with Dan, Annie, and the kids. I’ll drive home on Wednesday. It will be a nice visit.

I ordered a footstool to place in front of the new couch. Molly won’t get on the new couch as it’s a little higher than the other. Hopefully she will use it. If not, I’ll return it. I think she will though as I have ottomans beside the bed and futon upstairs and she uses them.

Janet: I use Flonase everyday. It really helps me.

Have a great afternoon, all!

Bert
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Happy Labor Day! I'm leaving in about an hour for my visit. Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    looks like it has been quiet here so hoping all have enjoyed this last weekend of summer as much as I have. Ended up having 5 adults and an adorable 2 year old here. Great weather, great food, great bonfires but mostly great friend and family time
  • luzingg
    Options
    had to stop and call Mom to let her know the cleaners were on their way. Our boat broke down Sunday and pretty sure it is either too costly to fix or unfixable due to the motor being obsolete. We went on an all day boat trip with one of the neighbors up the road and just relaxed yesterday after our company left. Today will be a work day as we go thru the boat, do laundry and clean the cabin.

Paula, I think we were near you yesterday as we ate at Fat Boys Dream on the river in Felicity.

Janet, flonase has been a miracle for Edd. he was living on antihistamines for years, with little relief, until I convinced him to try it. He has basically been symptom free for 20 years now and uses it every day it is above freezing. That is the major thing about the inhaled steroids, they should be taken daily and not used just when you start having symptoms. they prevent symptoms. They are like teflon for the nose which is where the allergic reaction begins. Hope it works as well for you as it has for Edd

my gfs husband got much worse yesterday. He was admitted and started radiation and iv steroids. I hate to say I am glad but he was more than she could handle and I pray she will get some rest while he is in the hospital. I think he will need rehab once he is released. She has been thru just too much this year. prayers always accepted.

waving hi to all until I have a moment to stop by again. you are always in my thoughts and prayers
    Patti