OMG ~ Discussions Starting 1-11-16 and Beyond

Options

Replies

• bertevans
    bertevans Posts: 1,277 Member
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today's the day! Sears serviceman is to arrive to deem the fridge unrepairable. We shall see. Hopefully this will be the end of Fridgegate! I'm hoping so after a 3 month battle!

I'm callng for an appointment today for my shoulder. It hasn't gotten better, so I'm hoping he can give me an injection to settle it down. Had a rough night sleeping again, too. I just can't seem to get the position I want without my shoulder reacting. It's always something.

Campus Students start classes on Monday. The education department is trying really hard to get the computer programs redone to avoid any problems. I went over on Wednesday to have my courses "fixed". We shall see.

Paula: Love the cabinets and backsplash!

Have a great day, everyone!

Bert
  • bertevans
    Options
    Newsflash! The fridge is unrepairable and had an internal leak! 🤦‍♀️. Sears is to call within 3-5 business days for replacement procedures. Needless to say, we are calling on Monday as we have had too much experience with being told they will call us.
  • KarlaLM58
    KarlaLM58 Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    Bert- great news. Now the follow through!

Paula Beautiful kitchen!

Long night with Kerry.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Today, Annie goes back to school and Dylan, Penny, and I will make a trip to the library and eat lunch out somewhere. I attended Dylan's baseball practice yesterday. It was fun to watch them practice. Penny was supposed to go with me and play at the park, but she didn't want to go.

Bert
  • luzingg
    luzingg Posts: 1,678 Member
    Options
    Good nearly afternoon ladies. Just got home from the cabin. So much fun with our friends and family this weekend.,lots of boating and floating. Excellent food and tons of laughter. My kind of weekend. I will have a rare weekend at home coming up. There is a bachelor party happening at ours and our sons place, so I am steering clear.

Paula, love th kitchen, especially the backsplash. Looks professionally done. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Now I can picture you there.

Bert, can't wait to see how long it will take Sears to get the replacement to you. Have fun with the kids. Hope we are all still able to meet on the 27th.

Janet, hope your trip is going well with James and his family. Can't wait to hear what you think of Idaho.

Waving to Cindy, Diane and Karla.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. Yesterday was a fun day. I took the kids bowling and then to Culver's for lunch. We played Rack-O and Rummy Cube after dinner.

Mike says Sears has officially authorized for replacement. The tech department will advise us in 2 days how we are to proceed. They said they would call, but Mike laughed when they said that, so he has a direct line number to call them! He also has the authorization number. I think there might be light at the end of the tunnel.

Patti: I have the 27th on my calendar. I need to check the google map though as they said 465 around the south side of Indy is closed.

Bert
  • KarlaLM58
    Options
    Good morning friends. It was a rough night with Kerry with a call in to his doctor. He is so weak now he is on a walker instead of his cane. He is refusing to use the new nebulizer now too so we are back to the old one with the neb set issue. All this is draining both he and I down. His doctors nurse is supposed to be looking into home health for me and I am going to push that today. I’m so very tired. Please pray for us or think about us if you can. I never dreamed this would be so hard.

Karla
  • bertevans
    Options
    Praying for you and your brother.
  • EniadS
    EniadS Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Karla, you need to look into home health care for Kerry, especially for the overnight hours. You are no good to him or anyone else if you don’t get some rest. I know I could do about two overnights taking care of my mom and then I needed at least one uninterrupted night of sleep before I could be helpful again.
  • luzingg
    Options
    Karla, I hope the nurse works fast to get you some help. Sending prayers to you and Kerry
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Good Morning, Ladies. The kids are up early this morning. I'll need to find an activity for them to do. Perhaps take them to the park or something. It's a sunny day today, so we will be outside at some point today.

Karla: I hope you get some type of home health care soon.

Bert
  • Paulabobadilla
    Paulabobadilla Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Good morning,

Things have been hectic. Now that boys are in school it's making my life easier. Adilynn starts preschool Monday so I'll be taking her on Monday, Wednesday and Fridays. Her mom is off today so I'm going to see Mom. Will have the boys from 4-8:30 this evening while Kati works. Next week she works all week so I'll have the kids every night.

This week I decided I'm refocusing on me and my goals!. Can't let the remodel, and my kids and grandkids moving in derail me. I have eaten so much better than I was, getting my water in and dancing with Adilynn lol.

Work on the house stalled this week because it was just too hot. Plan to work on it tomorrow and this weekend.

Have a great day!!
    Paula
  • luzingg
    Options
    Hello lovely ladies,

Paula, so good to hear from you. You need a secretary just to figure out your days, lol. Hope things settle into a routine that is not so hard on you. Can you share a picture of the grandkids. It has been so long, I can't even wrap my head around Adilynn in preschool! Do you think you will be able to make the 27th at Cracker Barrell in Shelbyville, IN? I am with you on refocusing. We can do this.

Today is house chores day, then TRX. Still trying to figure out what to do with my weekend but am sure I will come up with something. I really want to get into my craft room either to sew or make some cards. It has been far too long since I did anything creative.

Wishing you all a wonderful day.
    Patti
  • bertevans
    Options
    Patti: I have to pick Jillian and Cole up on the 27th. The rest of the week is the same. So sorry. I was looking forward to having lunch with everyone. Have a good time.

Bert
  • luzingg
    Options
    Bert, maybe we can reschedule before the weather turns.
    Paula and Janet, if you all still want to meet on the 27th we can choose another location. Just let me know. Otherwise we will cancel and reschedule for another date.
  • JP_in_KY
    JP_in_KY Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Good morning!

Patti & Paula, let's reschedule - my next week looks pretty full. We'll find a good IN day when Bert's available.

Bert, sure hope you get a new fridge YESTERDAY! You and Mike should bill them for the zillion hours you had to put in simply to get what you deserved in the first place. We'll all cheer when you FINALLY have a new one!

Paula, the kitchen looks terrific. My backsplash is similar (dark grey). Your work is paying off. And Adilynn in preschool? Yikes! Smart avoiding heavy work in the heat.

Karla, glad they thyroid may be getting better regulated. It takes time - am readjusting here as well and hope to be destabilized by spring. How health care for Kerry is warranted and deserved. Hope things go well for your dad at the VA too.

Patti, glad you had good river time!

Diane, your pics are blowing use all away.

My trip was terrific. James's family were all lovely. We went to an old west town with lots of history and drove through high sagebrush desert, foothills, around a stunning lake a few hours north of Boise, through verdant valleys with lots of cattle ranches, through a bit of a gorge, along a whitewater river with peaceful stretches, went to a family cookout, and even went bowling (I'm bad, but it was lots of fun and we laughed the whole time). The drive home covered nine states and was an excellent reminder of how magnificent the prairies and heartland farm areas are. All in all, a great time! Eating on the trip was quite good. Very hungry today but must get going - library returns and have no fresh veggies in the house! Missed you all!

• KarlaLM58
    Options
    Hello all.

Kerry’s PCP is calling Home Health in and his Pulmonary Doctor is evaluating his meds again as he had a reaction to the change of meds. Jason came over and sat with them while I went to my neurologist as my face has been on fire since the thyroidectomy and the stress at home. I am having to cancel my Wisconsin trip as it is just not a good time with all this going on. My niece is still coming and I will enjoy her visit immensely.

Karla
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    Patti, I agree with Janet to reschedule. It will be better for me in September or whenever Bert is free. I'll post pictures of the kiddos.

Janet, so glad you enjoyed your trip!! Forgive me for asking but who is James? I was gone for a while and well....I have no clue lol

Karla, hope you find some relief and time for yourself. Bless your heart for taking on so much.

Paula
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    622brxwbvpyt.jpg

This is the youngest grand. Baby Luis, yes named after my husband because my daughter says he's the best man she knows
  • Paulabobadilla
    Options
    54keqxeklloz.jpg

Adilynn Rose she is 4 starting Pre-K Monday