jilliancreates a journey of releasing weight and attracting health.

Options

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    Today
    9,500+ steps
    Vegetarian 2 of 4
    200 calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Heavy on the meat this week. Not planning for any more though.

Yesterday
    4,400 steps
    Vegetarian 2 of 5
    300 calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    All but 2,000 of my steps were in my home doing intense cleaning to hopefully prevent a flea infestation. Can't even count how many loads of laundry I did today. Climbed our 2 sets of stairs at least 32 times; my Fitbit doesn't always register a flight if I'm carrying something. Lots of vacuuming mattresses, box springs, carpeting, and hardwood floors. Spread diatomaceous earth pretty much everywhere in the house. Made some air fresheners with baking soda and several flea repellant essential oils and put them in various places around the house. I'm beat.

Today
    8,500+ steps
    Vegetarian 3 of 6
    1,500 calorie deficit
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    That sounds like a lot of work! I'm tired just reading it! Awesome job! =)
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Today
    3,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 4 of 7
    500 calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Tuesday weigh in...
    This week -4.8 lbs
    Since June 13 restart -13.3 lbs
    Overall -45.3 lbs

This is the lowest I've been since restart, by about 2 pounds. It feels really good to know that this week wasn't all water weight!

My mini goal is to let go of 3.2 pounds to put me at my last official weight before restart, which was 203.1 on April 29.

Having this week of good food choices and little activity just reminds me how much of this journey is made in the kitchen. I believe I'll reach my mini goal in a week, especially if I have the physical energy to get some movement it. And if not in 1 week, definitely in 2!
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    Awesome! You're doing great! =)
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Today
    3,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 1 of 1
    800 calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    August 2
    3,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 1 of 2
    150 calories over
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    August 3
    3,000 steps
    Vegetarian 2 of 3
    Went over calories, not sure how much, but probably a few hundred
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    August 4
    5,000 steps
    Vegetarian 2 of 4
    Intentional day not logging

Seeing my natural pattern of being super hungry on ovulation day, I've decided to give myself a pass for this 1 day every month. I did, and will, try to make healthy food choices, but I'm not going to beat myself up for giving in to fried breakfast empanadas or any other foods that I don't typically eat. So no logging for the day and no guilt about what passes my lips. Today feels easier, and I think it's because I'm not feeling burdened by suppressed cravings caused by hormone fluctuations.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    August 5
    3,500+ steps
    Vegetarian 3 of 5
    200 calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I'm working on getting back into a healthy frame of mind after about 6 weeks of extremely low energy and motivation. I'm waiting to get to see my VA doctors to find out if I have something going on that might cause lethargy. I'm hoping we can get it figured out soon, but feeling better enough to work on it in the meantime.

Today, my focus is to reach my step goal of 11,000. It's only happened once or twice in these last weeks, so I feel this is a good place to start. I've got almost 3,000 now, and I can feel that might legs aren't as strong as they were. I wonder how long it'll take before I feel strong enough to get back to my long training walks.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Are you taking a B supplement? You need one with B12 if you aren't going to eat meat, and that might explain the lack of energy...I think the only vegetarian source of B12 is nutritional yeast, not sure if you are loading up on that...I'm lazy, I just supplement.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I take b-complex every day, and I do love nutritional yeast. I don't eat it everyday, but I'm also not 100% vegetarian.

I feel like there are several possibilities of what might be going on. Dopamine being my first suspect. The L-Tyrosine helps, but I was often forgetting to take it because it doesn't fit into my daily pill container. Lethargy could also be caused by an iron deficiency (haven't had that tested recently), the doxycycline I took in early July, or a Lyme flare-up. There could probably be other culprits too, but these are the most obvious places to start.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I've made my step goal+ for 2 consecutive days. It feels odd to be excited about that since it used to be so easy. It also feels weird that my legs are sore and tired. I'm debating on how much to push myself today and taking into consideration the idea of doing too much, too soon. I don't want to slip back into the rut by being too easy on myself or by burning myself out. I guess I just see how I feel throughout the day.

My eating has not been good, but I've made a few good choices here and there. I'm trying not to stress about it not drastically improving at the moment. At least moving more will slow or stop any further weight gain. That feels like enough for right now.
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    I'm always a fan of taking it slow and seeing how workout changes feel for about 2-3 weeks before making them more intense...the time that an injury will set me back is always far greater than the minor set back of a less intense workout for a few weeks...inevitably when I push hard and push fast I end up hurting something.
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    It feels like it's been a long couple of months with my motivation, willpower and weight all yo-yoing. I'm on day one back on track. Food was pretty good but can still use some improvement. A little shy on steps, but not too bad considering that I didn't formally exercise.

My weight is much higher than I'd like it to be, and it's both visible and physically uncomfortable. We have family pictures on October 20th, so there's my motivator. Most of the current gain will likely come off easily since it's a lot of water weight. And although I won't be down to my goal, I feel that it's totally doable to get to a point of being much more comfortable in my clothes and with my image in the mirror. So, here we go...
  • WifiresGettingFit
    Options
    You've got this!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    The weekend went ok. No formal exercise and some not so great food choices, but I ate mostly at maintenance I think and didn't eat horribly unhealthy food.