jilliancreates a journey of releasing weight and attracting health.

Options

Replies

• PrimalJillian
    PrimalJillian Posts: 1,129 Member
    Options
    @50extra if you want to look for something similar, their process is called slow motion video gait analysis. I didn't find much about it online though. They record from behind, while much of what I found were recordings from the side view.
  • PrimalJillian
    edited June 2017
    Options
    It was awesome to have my 2 younger kids run to me for hugs when I picked them up this morning. They showed me a ton of pictures from Dublin, Manorhamilton, Sligo, and the Cliffs of Moher. They had such a great time, and I'm glad they are home now.

It was challenging to get my 11,000 steps in today. I ended up pacing in front of our house for the length of our block so that I technically wasn't really leaving the kids without my supervision, even though they are plenty old enough....part of the legal crap with my ex husband that I won't go into.

I tried taping my feet without using gauze on my heals, but that doesn't work out so well. Even though the blisters are mostly healed, the layer of skin is still intact, and the tape started to pull it off. Back to using the gauze tomorrow.

Day two with the new shoes, and I'm still happy with them. It seems like the size is going to work. I'm planning to do my training walk on Tuesday next week.

Today
    210.4 (-9.2 lbs)
    11,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 10 of 11
    1,000+ calorie deficit
  • 50extra
    50extra Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Great work sticking to your steps again and nice 1000 calorie deficit. It's crazy how simple losing weight is. Not easy, but simple, calories in - calories out!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Today
    208.5 (-11.1 lbs)
    6,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 11 of 12
    400+ calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I've been super tired the last couple of days. I woke up to an increase in the scale yesterday. I did manage to get my steps in, but then ended up eating too much popcorn at the movies followed by Ben & Jerry's.

I didn't know until this morning that it's TOM, so yesterday was my free pass. Knowing there was a reason for giving in to some food indulgences makes me want to get back on track today. I probably won't like the scale very much this morning though.

Yesterday
    210.2 (-9.4 lbs)
    13,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 12 of 13
    26 calorie surplus
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    TOM really can throw a wrench into the system but you're doing great! Keep at it! =)
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Feeling a bit overwhelmed. Not in a bad way, just busy. The scale was much better than I thought... Down a tenth of a pound from yesterday!

Today was my oldest daughter's 16th birthday, and we had mother-daughter time for the afternoon and evening. We did some thrifting, had an early sushi dinner, saw a movie, and then did a little more thrifting. I only got less than half of my steps, but still ended up with a nice deficit. Today was not a vegetarian day.

Yesterday
    210.1 (-9.5 lbs)
    5,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 12 of 14
    900+ calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Not much of a deficit today. I ate back most of my exercise calories, and later in the evening than I usually eat. Started my walk hours later than planned. When I got out there, I really wasn't feeling it... Forgot my knee band, had to pee again within 20 minutes of walking and there is only 1 bathroom on my entire walk, forgot bug spray for the swarms of gnats, and had cramps. *End of complaining.* I walked about 5 miles instead of 10+, but at least I went at all. I'll try again tomorrow...and again on Thursday if necessary. One way or another, I'm doing a training walk this week.

I called the shoe store and asked them to order me the women's shoe in the same style I bought. It turns out that while most companies don't do much to make their shoes gender specific aside from the colors and width, Altra creates a structurally different shoe that is made to support us...like a higher and longer instep and narrower heal. I usually buy men's Keens because I like the wide toe box, but with the shape of these shoes I'm thinking that won't even be an issue. I figure I'll give it a try.

The scale dropped again this morning, to my surprise. Not too bad for 15 days of concentrated effort.

Today
    208.3 (-11.3 lbs)
    11,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 13 of 15
    300+ calorie deficit
  • 50extra
    Options
    Nice work Jillian, a 5 mile walk is pretty damn good considering you didn't want to be out there in the first place. I would consider it a success when the other option would have been to turn around and head home at the start.

Nice work keeping the deficit streak alive, we will chalk up the one 26 surplus as a calculation error in measuring :wink:
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I'll have to start my deficit streak over today. I got called up for an impromptu get together with some friends and was most definitely over my calories. Drinks and snacks added to me having gotten only about a third of my steps and I imagine I was around 1,000 calories over. It was fun though, and I'm ready to walk at least some of it off today.

It rained here yesterday. All. Day. Long. No respite and no sunshine. I started taking care of some important paperwork, and ended up diving in until it was completed. A few hours later, I realized I wasn't even going to make it to the gym.

Today, I will be walking for hours. It's beautiful weather, and I'm motivated to counter last night's little party.

Yesterday (6/28)
    207.9 (-11.7 lbs)
    3,000+ steps
    Vegetarian 13 of 16
    ~1,000 calorie surplus
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I'm heading out for my training walk and decided it's time to add a little distance after a few weeks of walking 10 miles. We'll see what I end up with.
  • WifiresGettingFit
    WifiresGettingFit Posts: 1,773 Member
    Options
    You've done so well, I look forward to the update!
  • PrimalJillian
    edited June 2017
    Options
    I tried to add an update last night, but I was so tired that I feel asleep with my phone in my hand. Lol

The scale was up almost 2 pounds from the impromptu party the other night, but I imagine most of that will be recovered today when I weigh myself.

I ended up walking for 3 hours and 33 minutes yesterday. I was tired afterwards, but not sore really. Did some stretching a few times throughout the evening. I'm feeling great this morning, except that the muscles in my feet are sore/stiff. It's better now that I'm up and moving, but those first couple steps out of bed were iffy.

Food was pretty good yesterday. Over on my carbs, but with the amount of walking I did I feel ok about it. I ate about 2,000 calories and still ended up with a massive deficit.

Yesterday (6/30)
    209.8 (-9.8 lbs)
    11.69 mile walk
    27,000+ steps total
    Vegetarian 14 of 17
    2,400+ calorie deficit

• tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    Options
    Do you foam roll after walking? I'm a bit in love with mine!
  • PrimalJillian
    edited June 2017
    Options
    @tcunbeliever...No, I haven't bought one. Maybe I'll pick one up over the weekend. Do you have a smooth one, or does it have the shaped bumps on it?
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I paced the house to get my steps in yesterday. I was a bit concerned that the scale went up. I'm thinking it's sodium related. It went up AGAIN this morning. Seriously?! Gotta do better today with food. I haven't been over, other than that little get together a few nights ago. I'll be diligent about my sodium intake. I don't want to be too salty about it, but I'm kinda pissed that I'm losing ground.

Yesterday (6/30...Guess I messed up the last date that I posted.)
    210.5 (-9.1 lbs)
    11,000+ steps total
    Vegetarian 15 of 18
    500+ calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    Kept sodium in check today

Feeling fatigued, planning to start tyrosine again tomorrow

Hopefully, the scale will be more friendly tomorrow.

Today
    211.9 (-7.7 lbs)
    5,000+ steps total
    Vegetarian 16 of 19
    500 calorie deficit
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    I was ecstatic to see the scale significantly drop this morning. Now, I'm even more certain that the 3-day gain was due to sodium overload. It's a little high again, but I'm feeling okay overall about how my food went today. I prelogged my supper and built the rest of my day around it. We had a family celebration of Rhavenn's 16th birthday. Everyone gets to pick their birthday supper and what type of cake they want, so we had BLTs and red velvet cake with homemade butter cream frosting. I used a high fiber low carb wrap instead of toast and limited myself to an actual serving of cake. I'm working on extra water to help flush the bacon sodium. I didn't get all of my steps in, but I was determined to at least have a bit of a deficit so I paced the length of the block just in front of our house. Our neighbors probably think I'm nuts, but I don't care.

Today
    208.3 (-11.3 lbs)
    7,000+ steps total
    Vegetarian 16 of 20
    400+ calorie deficit
  • 50extra
    Options
    Jillian, great to hear that you are still putting the work in! That 27k step day was huge, that's more steps then I have ever done in a day, nice work.

Crazy to see how much sodium can mess around with water weight. It's frustrating to see if but take comfort in the fact that it doesn't hinder fat loss, just temporarily shows on the scale.

Keep it up!
  • PrimalJillian
    Options
    We took the kids to see fireworks last night over the Mississippi River. We visited a dear friend of mine from college that served with me in Iraq. Then hit up the National Mississippi River Museum to make our trip well worth the drive. It ended up being a long night with a 2 hour drive home. I definitely over ate, but Fitbit says a had a very small deficit.

I just weighed myself to find I'm down .3. I'll take it. (I'll post my daily stats for today, later.) Seeing the scale drop after knowing that I overdid it always makes me wonder how much more it would have dropped if my food would have been on point. It makes me feel more motivated to find out, which is definitely better than the alternative of giving myself extra leeway since the scale went down in spite of over doing it.

Yesterday
    208.5 (-11.1 lbs)
    9,000+ steps total
    Vegetarian 17 of 21
    50+ calorie deficit... Lol