MAD HATTERS “IGNITE THE LIGHT” IN JULY!

Replies

• tonyacoursey
    tonyacoursey Posts: 404 Member
    This is Derek and Delilah.... practising my picture posting. A small delaying in timing of our leaving....will arrive around noon tomorrow or so:-) I hope you all have a great weekend and be on the lookout for pics....I think I can do this
  • tonyacoursey
    IMG_20130709_172716_zpsa9d2213d.jpg
  • tonyacoursey
    Trying my hand at this picture thing:-) you may be sorry I learned how. This is the view from my kitchen window.
    IMG_20130726_200652_zps065c6b74.jpg
  • TArnold2012
    TArnold2012 Posts: 929 Member
    Oh Susan the pictures are amazing, just beautiful. I am so sure it must have been hard to return home. So glad you had a wonderful vacation.

Tonya hope you have a wonderful escape also. We don't even have to worry about baggage fees I have a van that will us all and baggage nicely:laugh:

Janet glad to hear the mind has come back to the path :bigsmile: Yeah that things went so well at the interview for your daughter.
    GREAT NSV's !!!

Time dear do take a few well deserved minutes for yourself.

Wonderful idea See "Soaring into Awesomeness in August" !!!

Lovely picture Patrica

Snoozie that is wonderful and I am sooooooooo veryyyyyyyyyy proud of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Welcome to the group 53, hope you enjoy it as much as I do. These ladies have been such wonderful supporter the last year.

I myself have a couple of great NSV. The first one of the ladies I worked with 3 years ago approached me Wednesday to tell me I am doing a great job and look wonderful. The second I treated myself to lunch Thursday while out making the contacts and looking for a new position at one of my old daily spots from when I was married the first time. Anyway the waitress knew she knew me but couldn't remember me until we started talking. She was amazed at not only how I have changed physically but also my attitude towards life. Her words 'you must be doing well, you are so happy now" She could see deeper than I thought all those years ago. Oh and I forgot this morning as I was having two teeth extracted some how the conversation came around to weight. I was able to openly share about my journey thus far and how my thinking has change from I was controlling food to food was controlling me. And that is a lifetime journey and just b/c I make one poor choice that it doesn't mean I failed it just means that with the next bite I have the opportunity to return to the path. I share MFP has been so wonderful and that I have the best group of supporters. The dental assistant was so impressed (as she put it) she got a pen and wrote it down. As the dentist came in and heard the end of our sharing she took out her phone and said I need to save that sight also. When I got ready to leave the assistant ask again the name to be sure she had it correct. So while I have been struggling with exercise this week I have had daily reminders to stay on the path:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Oh and I know this seem small to some but ate grilled tilapia, cherry tomatoes, and only 1/2 half of a baked potato. I told Snoozie I don't think I have ever left half of a potato on my plate before.

Hope ever one has a wonderful weekend
  • tonyacoursey
    good morning ladies, we are getting ready to leave so I will be at the beach in about 10 hours. I haven't been recording my food as of late and have gained few pounds. I am hoping that as in years past I lose a few pounds while on vacation. I am always more active when we go than when being at home. I let too many stresses get in the way but on vacation there is no stress. A friend told me to buy a cheap watch and to throw it out the window when we reach the island....a symbol of how I am not going to be tied to the real world for two whole weeks. I think I like that idea.

There are so many posts that I have to catch up on but ....
    Welcome 53 you are sure to love this group...I do
    To everyone else, thank you for your support and be on the lookout for great oversized pics....lol I learned how to post them not resize them.

I will catch up on all of the posts this week and look forward to seeing what all you have accomplished.
    Have a great weekend, me
  • seehe
    seehe Posts: 946 Member
    Tonya- ipou for learning how to post those pics!!!! Have a super fabulous time on vacation- I know you will!!

So , August ideas again, in honor of Wilbur and Orville Wright and Neil Armstrong, what about SOARING TO SUCCESS and/or FLYING HIGH!
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,457 Member
    Susan I love em - specially the soaring to success!!!

Tammy ouch girl 2 extractions!! Hope the joy of the fab nsv"s overshadowed the pain! And I've never ever left ANY potato behind so double kudos!

Tonya posted Friday on your profile to hae a good trip cause I thought u were leaving last night lol. Congrats on the pics well done you!! Hope by now you've arrived Abd are chilling to the max!!!!!
  • tonyacoursey
    First morning of our vacation....sitting here I can hear the waves lapping against the shore. If I walk out this gate I can be on the beach in less than 3 minutes. Have a great day everyone!

IMG_20130728_072610_zpsfdcd4265.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Let me get the gate door for ya..... :bigsmile:
    Enjoy!!
  • seehe
    Last Hatter there is a rotten egg!!!

Publication1_edited-2_zps5ef06558.jpg
  • Snooozie
    Sprinting ...
  • seehe
    I'm the one in the pink shirt lol
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    Don't run me over - I've got it open on the other side...

giggles!:laugh: :glasses:
  • TArnold2012
    Beautiful. After New Orleans a beach stroll may need to be added to the plan !!!! Getting back to normal as far eating and a bit less sore now but steps and stairs are still a bit of a strain.
  • hairsprayhon
    hairsprayhon Posts: 334 Member
    Yesterday taking a bath after my tennis match, I closed my eyes and imagined I was floating in the ocean. Then I thought what am I doing in the ocean naked!? So when you run through the gate and get to the beach, please have a big towel ready to cover me up.
    TA good thing you were talking about your extractions, I almost forgot about my dentist appointment.
    I was feeling a little discouraged that it only took me 2 weeks to gain 9 pounds and is taking longer to lose it. But after 2 weeks 5 pounds is more than half. And then I was thinking imagine if I did not stop the mindless eating after 2 weeks? If I had continued, I would have left onederland by now and from past experiences, the yo yo would have gained a lot of momentum for its upward swing. But I don’t need to do that anymore. Those 9 pounds may prove to be the most important 9 pounds of this journey. They have taught me that
    a) it is still possible for mindless eating to take control,
    b) when it does, it is possible to end it,
    c) weight gain from one week of celebration is relatively easy to lose, but weight gain that continues for more than a week becomes fat that my body wants to hang on to.
    d) acknowledging, (to myself and to my MFP world) weight gain as soon as possible is the best way to prevent the pounds from sticking
    e) quilting and listening to the Orioles on the radio is less conducive to mindless eating than watching the Orioles on TV.
  • tonyacoursey
    Not the best picture of the pier but what wonderful seared tuna and mahi mahi sliders they had!
    IMG_20130728_154211_zps505f0d77.jpg
  • tonyacoursey
    The sun was so bright I couldn't see well enough to focus very well. The birds were having a blast eating the coquina.

IMG_20130729_155101_zpsdee4eae4.jpg
  • cbmcphillips
    cbmcphillips Posts: 801 Member
    uh oh - she's got the hang of the picture thing...giggles....

which week can we come down again??? don't want to spoil your alone time... giggles....:glasses: :laugh:

Carol....
  • tonyacoursey
    Carol, I have given great thought to your post on my page....I won't share but in fact will buy you your own:-) .....too much fun to be had not sharing....lmao
  • TArnold2012
    Tonya fresh tuna is something I miss since moving from WA. Enjoy, enjoy.

Well couldn't sleep Monday night with no word from possible positions spent all but two hours on the couch tossing and turning as to not disturb the husband.

Tonight couldn't sleep after receiving a call from my 1st choice of possibles.:bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: I am now a 4th grade teacher of ELA (English and Reading). This position cuts the drive time in half and not only means more $$$ but also continue benefits. More important even before interviewing the principal talked about not just this upcoming year but future years, not jumping schools but having a school home without being the new teacher each year is something I am looking forward to. So much can be refined with self reflection and the opportunity to refine the lesson to better meet needs of students is an experience that I have not experienced. I am excited for all the new opportunities this year will provide. 15 days count down. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile: