• SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    Options
    Cheering you on @FIT_Goat
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Oh man I wish I'd been paying more attention to the group threads when this was in planning. I think if I hadn't already had MCT in my coffee and deviled eggs, I'd be tempted to go out and get a burger patty for lunch. My husband would think I've lost it (again). But I'm in the middle of a dairy-free experiment and don't want to mix the results with anything that would come of switching to all ground beef.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    Oh man I wish I'd been paying more attention to the group threads when this was in planning. I think if I hadn't already had MCT in my coffee and deviled eggs, I'd be tempted to go out and get a burger patty for lunch. My husband would think I've lost it (again). But I'm in the middle of a dairy-free experiment and don't want to mix the results with anything that would come of switching to all ground beef.

I actually know a lot of people who do just ground beef for a period of time, to establish a baseline by removing all the possible variations in their diets that might cause problems.
  • glossbones
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I actually know a lot of people who do just ground beef for a period of time, to establish a baseline by removing all the possible variations in their diets that might cause problems.

Yeah I was kinda thinking of Esmee with this conversation.
    Ugh, so tempted. If I didn't cook for two other Keto'ers (and have a fridge full of batched meals), I'd be all over it.
  • hockeysniper8
    hockeysniper8 Posts: 253 Member
    Options
    Can you give us your starting weight , Bodyfat % and calories per day? Cheers
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    The calories per day will be on each blog post. I'll also keep a running average.
    • Starting weight: 82.5 kg
    • Estimated Body Fat: 21.8% (based on the average of the Military BF formula and the Covert/Bailey formula)
    • Estimated Body Fat: 26.3% (based on electrical impedance method)
    • Estimated TDEE: 2,800 calories/day (based on experience with being weight stable and also a formula that I will find the study for later).
    • Calories so far: 2,100 calories/day (didn't hit my 2 pound goal yesterday, might even only hit one pound today).

My weight is high, I had a really bad year with work and went off the wagon for a while. The body fat is probably right at around 22%. The impedance tends to read high, especially when water weight is down. Today, for example, it shot up to 27.5% due to the reduction in weight from reduced salt/seasonings and removal of dairy.
  • WholeFoods4Lyfe
    WholeFoods4Lyfe Posts: 1,518 Member
    Options
    I'm new to the forums, can you please explain to me the benefits of this?
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options

http://www.empiri.ca/p/eat-meat-not-too-little-mostly-fat.html
  • moe0303
    moe0303 Posts: 934 Member
    Options
    Because science...and meat.

@FIT_Goat will you vary your cooking methods for this? patties, loafs, ground, grilled etc.?
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2016
    Options

Benefits of *this* in particular, or my diet in general (which is already meat only)? This will likely have little benefit over my normal diet, although the removal of dairy will speed my weight up. The reduction in spice carbs might help a little as well. I also think I might end up eating a little less than normal, mostly because it's less appealing. Aside from that, this is not at all different from how I normally eat.

Benefits from how I normally eat?

There are many benefits. First, my wife's favorite, I don't fart. Well, almost never. This is not unheard of, it's actually something mentioned in the primary source that I've quoted a couple times.
    ngemb41kvuux.png
    And, yes, as stated in the above quote, I do poop significantly less. It's not constipation, not at all, but the amount is way down.

I also remove all my craving for carbs, eating this way. My weight effortlessly trends towards ideal. I don't need to count or track. Generally, my calories take care of themselves. All my digestive issues have resolved, and after a lifetime of believing that having issues was "normal" that's a miracle. My allergies have mostly gone away, although the recent mega-pollen period has brought some sneezing. Still, they are way better than what I used to have.

Mostly, I am freed from thinking about food and worrying about it or my weight. The health and weight take care of themselves thanks to being fed only ideal stuff.
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options

If you read the link in the original post you will see an article that originally spurred conversation about doing similar 30 day challenges. @FIT_Goat already eats very similarly and decided to do a similar challenge "for science" :smiley:
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Here is day 02 of 30. http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-2-30-ground-beef-814926

I also include pictures of exactly what ground beef I will be eating.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Go @Fit_Goat!! I'm not surprised with the decreased intake! I think it's good that you jumped on in too! My brain keeps telling me reasons to not do it, but I'm not listening! If it weren't for my vacay coming next week, I would have jumped too! I'm anxious to get started once I have control over my food selection!!
  • totaloblivia
    totaloblivia Posts: 1,164 Member
    Options
    @Fit_Goat Do your wife and you eat separately? I am going to assume, YES! But did you eat separately before you started this mono-regime?
  • glossbones
    Options
    One of these days I'm going to re-typeset Fat of the Land so we can read it more easily!

I'm so annoyed by eating this week. I was going to add butter back in on Tuesday but now I'm thinking of shifting to the ground beef diet. I mentioned it in passing to my husband last night and he didn't do his usual balk. Either he's given up on my sanity, or having just worked out, iron-rich food sounded pretty good to him, too. ;)
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    We've even separately for a long time, because I only eat meat. We might eat with each other, but it's never the same food.

Weight was down again today. I'll post details before going to bed. Today is going to be a long day.
  • glossbones
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Okay, I'm starting today. Tossing my lunch, tossing the leftovers if no one else eats them. I already had coffee with MCT, vitamins, and bouillon broth today, but I'll be cutting that all out as of this moment!

So my starting weight is 142.8
    My body fat percentage is unknown - self-estimate of 25%, husband says closer to 20.
    My TDEE is estimated by that one site as 1929, by my Fitbit as 1600 - 1700 on a standard day.
    I'm going.. I.. I'm going to try and limit my coffee. I am to the point where I'm drinking 2 - 3 black coffees per day, and I think I could cut it out entirely if I chose to. So if I'm truly doing an elimination protocol with this, that'll go out, too. We'll see how that works. Starbucks won't know what hit them. XD

This is still technically dairy-free but I'm abandoning my reporting of that since it did nothing noticeable for me over the last 11 days.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    Yay @glossbones!! Can't wait to hear your results too!!
  • Time2LoseWeightNOW
    Time2LoseWeightNOW Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Count me in! I'm in it for the PIG! Bacon, with some boston butt & pork loin thrown in ... and a pork belly ,if I can find any.... starting Sunday!! I may have to fly over to PaleoinScotland's to enjoy pork belly...lol

Fit_Goat, I admire you to be able to go ground beef... Best wishes! You got this!
  • glossbones
    Options
    So I tried to get a big fat juicy burger patty for lunch, but I was meeting a friend who wasn't planning to eat so I was trying to find something convenient for her. I ended up stopping at Wendy's on the way to meet her at Starbucks. :P

So I ate the patties from a "Double stack" only, and bought an Ethos water bottle from Starbucks.

The patties were pretty pathetic, but that's okay because I wasn't ravenously hungry, just knew I would be during the afternoon if I didn't eat. So tiny patties plus the water. Interesting, I think, that I finally got the heartburn today that people tell me comes from drinking at the same time as eating. Guess I'll make sure those two are separated by a few hours from now on.

Going to get some fresh ground chuck on the way home - half pound meat patty for dinner!