30 Days of Only Ground Beef

Options

Replies

• KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    I bought 6 pounds of 75/25 ground beef today so it will be here when I return!

Good job @glossbones!! :smiley:
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    I'm excited to start tomorrow. I just threw everything away that was left in my fridge, other than a couple slabs of pork belly, which is all I'm going to eat - shooting for 30 days, we'll see how far I get.

Was going to include bacon, but I want to avoid the cured meats as they gives me heartburn. Skipping the bacon means I can drink my coffee black and skip the egg I was going to have to help me stomach the bacon every day.

Just salt and pepper for seasoning so that no extra carbs sneak in.

Come on over and join me @Time2LoseWeightNOW
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    Karlottap wrote: »
    I bought 6 pounds of 75/25 ground beef today so it will be here when I return!

Good job @glossbones!! :smiley:

Thanks! I picked up three pounds of 80/20. I think target has the 75/25, but not in any sort of quantity. I had an 8oz patty, grilled slightly (mostly it was still raw inside).

Feel like I might still be hungry. can't tell. My stomach feels distended so I'm assuming the hunger is psychosomatic based on knowing I'm going to have a basic menu for a while.

My husband seems to have realized what this trial entails. "So you're not having corned beef this week...?"

Failed on the no coffee thing. It's freezing, and besides, if we are going to compare me as a female counterpart to FIT_Goat, I actually need to increase my intake.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    8wrhx9yxd6r3.jpg

Went to the store and grabbed some burger tonight. They only had 45 pounds out. So, I am 10 pounds short. But, this will last a while. On a bright note, the meat was labeled $11.29 for each chub, but it rung up $9.99 a chub. That's $2/lb. The total was $89.91 for the 45 pounds.

There's a lot of hate for this on the bottom of the original blog post. Apparently, I have attracted the attention of the non-low-carb people. If it gets worse, I might limit my blog to friends only. I don't want to do that, but we will see.

Edit: I deleted some of the low-content posts. That should stir the hornet's nest. :lol:
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    8wrhx9yxd6r3.jpg

Sooo.... Beautiful!!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    8wrhx9yxd6r3.jpg

Went to the store and grabbed some burger tonight. They only had 45 pounds out. So, I am 10 pounds short. But, this will last a while. On a bright note, the meat was labeled $11.29 for each chub, but it rung up $9.99 a chub. That's $2/lb. The total was $89.91 for the 45 pounds.

There's a lot of hate for this on the bottom of the original blog post. Apparently, I have attracted the attention of the non-low-carb people. If it gets worse, I might limit my blog to friends only. I don't want to do that, but we will see.

I saw that and had the strong urge to rip them a new one, but that would only make things worse.
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,956 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    8wrhx9yxd6r3.jpg

I saw that and had the strong urge to rip them a new one, but that would only make things worse.
    Oh and nice haul!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I have made it friends only for now. Sorry, but I will friend just about anyone from here. I don't need the drama. More importantly, I want to avoid getting on the bad side of MFP. They're "tolerant" of low-carb, but I doubt they would be willing to accept a debate about how eating just meat can be healthy.
  • wabmester
    wabmester Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Oh, man. I wish I had seen all the blog comments. I forgot how mainstream America would consider this a freak show. We've grown so used to it around here.

Open up the blog to everybody, but make them pay to view. :)
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    I have made it friends only for now. Sorry, but I will friend just about anyone from here. I don't need the drama. More importantly, I want to avoid getting on the bad side of MFP. They're "tolerant" of low-carb, but I doubt they would be willing to accept a debate about how eating just meat can be healthy.

We are friends but I clicked on the link you posted earlier and it says I can view your blog. :(
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    You can't? Can anyone else see it? I might go back to opening it up, but deleting buttloads of comments, if it becomes a problem.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Just read it all without problems!
  • petunia773
    petunia773 Posts: 473 Member
    Options
    Maybe it's because I'm on my phone.
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    petunia773 wrote: »
    Maybe it's because I'm on my phone.

It might be. It probably takes you to your web-browser, and you might not be logged in there.
  • FIT_Goat
    edited March 2016
    Options
    Here is day 3

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-3-30-ground-beef-816751

As you can see, scale weight is dropped again. For a total of 4.4 pounds in 2 days. I didn't think I had that much water weight to lose. The trend-line has only moved 0.3 kg, which is the line I really pay attention to.

At the end of the week, I'll probably post a picture of the graph of these numbers.

Edit: I have added the couple people who asked to be friends to keep seeing it. You all probably missed some of the better messages. But, I only deleted like 6. Stuff that was really just offensive and offered little content, like saying I was going to win a Darwin Award. I really don't mind if people disagree, if they are willing to try and accept the fact that they could be wrong. I would say they should try it themselves, but most of them would blame the first negative thing that happened to them to this way of eating. "My car got a flat tire! I told you we need vegetables!"
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    lol when the mainstream MFP hordes descend upon you, I'd say that's how you know you're doing something right
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    Here is day 3

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-3-30-ground-beef-816751

As you can see, scale weight is dropped again. For a total of 4.4 pounds in 2 days. I didn't think I had that much water weight to lose. The trend-line has only moved 0.3 kg, which is the line I really pay attention to.

At the end of the week, I'll probably post a picture of the graph of these numbers.

Edit: I have added the couple people who asked to be friends to keep seeing it. You all probably missed some of the better messages. But, I only deleted like 6. Stuff that was really just offensive and offered little content, like saying I was going to win a Darwin Award. I really don't mind if people disagree, if they are willing to try and accept the fact that they could be wrong. I would say they should try it themselves, but most of them would blame the first negative thing that happened to them to this way of eating. "My car got a flat tire! I told you we need vegetables!"

Sounds about right!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    You can't? Can anyone else see it? I might go back to opening it up, but deleting buttloads of comments, if it becomes a problem.

I can't see it anymore. I could before.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Still can see it here!
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    I saw the comments on the initial post. Some of them were awful. On the bright side, that's a lovely basket of meat you have there!