30 Days of Only Ground Beef

Options

Replies

• macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    I love that you are both doing this so we have the M/F comparison.
    You both rock.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    Some places will let you order things a la carte (Denny's will let you order their steak all by itself for a decent discount off the meal price).

For just eating meat (beyond these 30 days), if you can find a Brazilian buffet you can usually make out like a bandit.

I think I need to go to one of those for my 40th birthday coming up in May. :)
  • glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    I love that you are both doing this so we have the M/F comparison.
    You both rock.

Yay! I'm a few days behind, so my weekly recap will be on Saturday. :)

And yes, you totally need to go eat Brazilian as a birthday treat! They're made for low carb! (And there's usually mac n cheese on the lineup for the carbingers of doom).
  • LowCarbInScotland
    LowCarbInScotland Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I've been to them. They are awesome. They are a bit on the higher end of our eating out budget, so we only do them once in a while. I think we spent like $125 last time (after tax and tip) for just me and my wife. That wasn't even one of the most expensive ones around.

Wow! I went to one where you have the option of rodizio or pay-by-weight. I paid for a full filet mignon and it was only $7-something. My entire meal (just me) including espresso and soda water AND tip was $15!

Woah! Were you actually in Brazil? All of the ones I've been to have been around the $50-75/per person price like @FIT_Goat experienced, which is why it was a special occasion thing for us.
  • glossbones
    Options
    Woah! Were you actually in Brazil? All of the ones I've been to have been around the $50-75/per person price like @FIT_Goat experienced, which is why it was a special occasion thing for us.

Nope, I was up the road from my office. It's $21 per person for a lunch (6 meats) Rodizio and $29 for dinner (10 meats), or something like $10/lb for pay-by-weight.

Now I'm feeling super thankful for that place. I'll have to go back April 11th!
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Just popping in to note that my Brazilian place is $25 all-you-can-eat. They try to trick you with all the carby side dishes on the buffet, but I know better now for next time. They also charge extra for "specialty" items.
  • vazquezmom7
    vazquezmom7 Posts: 935 Member
    Options
    My husband got a gift card at work fora Brazilian steakhouse for $100. I told him we should invite another couple, but I first looked it up. Good thing that I did, it was about $50 per person. It was really good but definitely a ONCE in awhile treat.
  • glossbones
    Options
    Oh! Just noticed I never linked to my own blog posts here. I've been loosely tracking my progress on this, more commentary than numbers. But I will do a weekly comparison using FIT_Goat's progress graph combined with fresh measurements from my Myotape.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/glossbones
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    carbingers of doom

LOVE this
  • glossbones
    Options
    :D

So this morning the scale is moving back in the right direction. That erroneous 0.2 lb is back off. And considering yesterday I worked out, had a LOT more water, and added salt, I'm surprised it's not higher, or the same as yesterday. Yesterday I ate an additional 500 calories just before I went to sleep. Can't call these results CICO!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    Making a couple 6 ounce burgers on the grill for brunch.
  • glossbones
    Options
    I apparently now consider a half-pound patty "petite."

Glad I was the only one in the kitchen when it was time to pour the burger grease in a paper cup and drink it. ;)
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    I apparently now consider a half-pound patty "petite."

Glad I was the only one in the kitchen when it was time to pour the burger grease in a paper cup and drink it. ;)

Yeah, 8 ounces is about the minimum that I will consider for a meal.

Today is up. You all don't know how much it means that I gave up corned beef this year. It's one of my favorites.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-9-30-ground-beef-820964
  • kirkor
    kirkor Posts: 2,530 Member
    Options
    > You all don't know how much it means that I gave up corned beef this year.

We appreciate it!
  • macchiatto
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    carbingers of doom

LOVE this

Me, too.

And seriously, every single time I come back to this thread i start craving ground beef. I really need to buy some.
  • macchiatto
    Options
    kirkor wrote: »
    > You all don't know how much it means that I gave up corned beef this year.

We appreciate it!

Definitely!!
    Maybe treat yourself to some when this month is over?
  • glossbones
    Options
    My husband reports the corned beef he made tonight was the best he ever served. Proud of him that even though the big bad Keto Drill Sergeant wasn't partaking, he still made mashed cauliflower instead of potatoes.

Meanwhile I ate a pound of ground beef, skillet seared. Didn't quite get all the grease because the skillet was too heavy to hold and spatula at the same time. I need to work on my forearm strength next.

One more 8oz patty left in the fridge for lunch, though I didn't feel happy eating a whole pound in one sitting so I might pick up another burger at 5 Guys tomorrow to increase the size of my fast break.
  • glossbones
    Options
    macchiatto wrote: »
    Maybe treat yourself to some when this month is over?

I've already been promised a freshly prepared redo whenever I return from the land of ground and unseasoned beef.
  • crunchketo
    crunchketo Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Wow! Canadian rodizio is $45-$55 per person, all you can eat. I wish we had a $20 version! Our local one does sell some amazing frozen burger patties too. They use their off cuts and are Devine!
  • FIT_Goat
    Options
    Weight fell again today. That makes today 3.3 kg (7.26 lbs) down from my starting weight 9 days ago. My trend-line is down 1.3 kg (2.86 lbs). I am a little shocked, but not too much. I have experience similar to this before when I was heavy like this and moved to meat only. I'm pretty sure it's not all fat, obviously. I can't imagine it is any muscle, not with my protein levels around 130+ grams each day.