30 Days of Only Ground Beef

Options

Replies

• glossbones
    glossbones Posts: 1,064 Member
    Options
    I averaged out a couple of different TDEE calculators with what my FitBit reported based on the activity it sensed. Sounds like you're on the right path!
    I'm glad you didn't toss the baby out with the bathwater when you realized you already had your BPC. I also started with lunch the day I began. :)
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    LOL I am savoring my last BPC. ;) I may "cheat" some everyday and add a bit of coconut oil to my coffee each morning. I'll drop the stevia, HWC, and protein powder but I don't want to drop coconut oil. I noticed such a difference in cognitive function while using it, that I don't want to risk losing it. I'll keep my coconut oil under a tablsepoon per day though.

All right. I'm going with about 1600kcal per day. I'll try not to let kcals go below 1400, or above 1800. This seems like less than I have been eating but I'll go with it and see what happens. On Saturday night I'll probbly switch to more meats - that's when I'm making Easter dinner.

I sooooo hope I don't get sick of bacon during this week. That would be a tragedy!
  • hakamruth
    hakamruth Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Fit_Goat and glossbones. You have inspired me to take on this challenge. I probably won't be able do it 100% all ground beef, all the time, but will be just eating that except for those occasions when I can't (family obligations, a wedding soon, but still plan to be zero carb, or nearly). I have been fluctuating the same two pounds for 2 weeks now. It has been very frustrating trying to figure out how to adjust my eating for weight loss. This makes life easier, nothing to think about but measuring out portions. Even my husband who did not want to do the LCHF diet is willing to try this out for a few weeks. Hope by the end he will be more willing to be in this WOE with me for the long haul.
  • glossbones
    Options
    Just realize the first couple of days might seem hard, just because you've told yourself you CAN'T have anything else. The temptation to give up was strongest in the first 18 hours for me. Then I snapped out of it.
  • DorkothyParker
    DorkothyParker Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    Thank you @glossbones . I really do appreciate your reply. I assure you, I am not judging you; this is a very curious matter, is all.
    Beef on!
  • baconslave
    baconslave Posts: 6,950 Member
    Options
    nvmomketo wrote: »
    LOL I am savoring my last BPC. ;) I may "cheat" some everyday and add a bit of coconut oil to my coffee each morning. I'll drop the stevia, HWC, and protein powder but I don't want to drop coconut oil. I noticed such a difference in cognitive function while using it, that I don't want to risk losing it. I'll keep my coconut oil under a tablsepoon per day though.

All right. I'm going with about 1600kcal per day. I'll try not to let kcals go below 1400, or above 1800. This seems like less than I have been eating but I'll go with it and see what happens. On Saturday night I'll probbly switch to more meats - that's when I'm making Easter dinner.

I sooooo hope I don't get sick of bacon during this week. That would be a tragedy!

I shall live vicariously through you.
    I haven't had bacon in weeks. Too expensive here.
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Thank you @glossbones . I really do appreciate your reply. I assure you, I am not judging you; this is a very curious matter, is all.
    Beef on!

haha! Love it! Beef on!

We need to make up a t-shirt:

Keep Calm
    and
    Beef On!
  • gsp90x
    gsp90x Posts: 416 Member
    Options
    Haven't been on MFP in eons and come back to this. It was @FIT_Goat 's Meativore May challenge that CHANGED. MY. LIFE!! And I've been pretty much zero carb every since and as many cannot tell you the change. Whoa Nelly! I feel off a few times over the year and took about 3 weeks each time to get back on but now I see y'all doing this.... Coincidence?

Don't think so! We have an Easter dinner on Sunday with family members who will NOT cater to my zero carb WOE in any way (They'll likely make some form of past casserole or a ham drenched in sugar) and the Beast just says "it's just one day. Can you just be normal for one day" (he means it in the nicest way). So.... This is probably just what I'll need starting next monday to make sure I get back on track ASAP. I'm maid-of-honour for my girlfriends TWO weddings this September (GAH! Yes, they'll be getting married two times- two places for two sets of people... at least I'll get some mileage out of my dress!) I'm about 30lbs from goal... so this might jump start the loss. Havent' really loss since last September when I was Best-man in my other friends wedding. Following this experiment with great interest.

Thank you!
  • nvmomketo
    nvmomketo Posts: 12,019 Member
    Options
    baconslave wrote: »
    nvmomketo wrote: »

I shall live vicariously through you.
    I haven't had bacon in weeks. Too expensive here.

Tell me about it. I don't often eat bacon because of that. It's about $7 per package for the slightly higher quality stuff. Work has been very sparse but things are a bit better now (knock wood) so I am splurging.... I even heard about some hutterite bacon I might go hunting for.

I can't believe I thought I could maybe get sick of bacon after just a week. Pshaw! I had a hard time stopping myself from going and cooking more.
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    gsp90x wrote: »
    Haven't been on MFP in eons and come back to this. It was @FIT_Goat 's Meativore May challenge that CHANGED. MY. LIFE!! And I've been pretty much zero carb every since and as many cannot tell you the change. Whoa Nelly! I feel off a few times over the year and took about 3 weeks each time to get back on but now I see y'all doing this.... Coincidence?

Yep, it just takes a little personal experience to realize why I tend to be so excited about it. It doesn't seem like much, but taking the carbs all the way down can have a huge difference.

This burger thing is fun, but really not that different from my normal (aside from when I fell off the wagon). I am totally craving some cheese tonight. But, I didn't have any.
  • KarlaYP
    KarlaYP Posts: 4,439 Member
    Options
    First day done! I managed a total of 364 grams (13 oz.) over two meals today. No problems today!
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Btw: I'm another who changed their life with the Meativore May challenge last year!!
  • FIT_Goat
    FIT_Goat Posts: 4,224 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/FIT_Goat/view/day-14-30-ground-beef-825176

I wish these posts were more interesting, but nothing exciting it happening. Tomorrow, I should have a two week update (with weight graph).
  • glossbones
    Options
    FIT_Goat wrote: »
    I wish these posts were more interesting, but nothing exciting it happening.

Well that's sort of the point, right? Food gets out of the way of life?

I also have been craving cheese. maybe it's the full moon. I need to stop fixating on what I'm going to eat when this is over.

My hormones are probably kicking into gear for later this week or early next, so that could be the cravings. Less excited about the prospect of sitting in the movie theater smelling popcorn on Thursday.

We have a friend coming into town next weekend, and the topic of taking him to that rodizio came up. I don't think they serve ground beef anything. Does masticated filet mignon count? ;) Not sure what we will actually end up doing, really. We talked about picking up Pho for my husband and the friend, in which case I could easily grill myself a burger when we get home. Or in any case. I could just drink water and coffee wherever we go and eat after.
  • KarlaYP
    Options
    Day two for me! I managed to eat 15 oz. today that I divided into three meals. I recall you both experienced decreased appetite early on. I did have to take two tries to finish my supper. I felt satisfied after about 2.5 ounces, then finished the rest about an hour and a half later. My weight was exactly the same as yesterday's. I am logging everything, for now. Reassurance during a change is never a bad thing!

@glossbones, imo, a masticated filet is ground beef. :relieved:

@Fit_Goat, there are some watching just to see if we get ill from this! Is that not exciting?!? :wink: lol!
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    Options
    I was able to view both your blogs from my phone only, but not my iPad a few days ago. Now I can't view either. Kinda bummed...
  • glossbones
    Options
    I was able to view both your blogs from my phone only, but not my iPad a few days ago. Now I can't view either. Kinda bummed...
    Sometimes I have to log in separately for the browser view (yes even when I'm logged into the app).
  • Sunny_Bunny_
    Sunny_Bunny_ Posts: 7,140 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    glossbones wrote: »
    Sometimes I have to log in separately for the browser view (yes even when I'm logged into the app).

I did that, but I'll try signing out and back in again. I just copy the link here, then paste it into safari... That used to work. But suddenly stopped...

Edit:
    I had to open MFP in safari (like the other times I read the blogs) but log out and log back in. Then I pasted the link and it's all good again.
    They really need to work out the kinks!
  • glossbones
    Options
    It has a bit more to do with the way iOS browsers interact with apps, but yes if they'd build the user blogs into the app then we wouldn't have to hunt for a way to view them!
  • SamandaIndia
    SamandaIndia Posts: 1,577 Member
    edited March 2016
    Options
    I can see your blog from my android phone n love the meat feast. I went sans counting calories for 10 days in USA and put on 5 pounds. Was eating mostly meat, bacon, egg n a few salads. Also some chocolate n cheese which I think may be evil. Back to counting calories tomorrow. Clearly my body has not learned hungry or not. I still have yummy, eat it n finish it (big serves in USA and only restaurants). Lord help me if a sweetener or cashew nut is consumed then I need to vacuum up everything. Wish I had the results others report with not counting n low carb. My bacon feast starts tomorrow.