3. Daily nutrition accountability

Options

Replies

• jesscoll317
    jesscoll317 Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    You guys are all so great about nutrition. I'm not there yet -- just staying under on calories but managing to eat my normal foods in smaller quantities. Maybe I'm a little scared.
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    About 1200 calories today. Trying to eat super clean, as it's a rest day.
  • audrey13027
    audrey13027 Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    Not the best day nutritionally, but was way below cal. goal. I've been busy prepping for b/f's surgery tomorrow & I really had to push to get enough calories to avoid that rude (but correct) MFP close-out pop-up that chastises you for being below minimum acceptable calories...hopefully I'll get more fruit & veg in tomorrow
  • LCSt68
    LCSt68 Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Lisa
    The calorie deficit needed projections on this site are not very accurate.
    It depends a lot on your health conditions, your age etc which all influence your metabolism. I think MFP by default tells me to eat 1800cal per day. A slimming club once told me to eat 750 calories per day. From past experimentation I know I do best eating between 1000-1500 cal per day depending on activities and appetite.

here is another site that works it out for you
    http://www.calculator.net/calorie-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=47&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=6&cpound=297&cheightmeter=180&ckg=60&cactivity=1.2&printit=0&x=47&y=13
    this is what it says for me age 35, 292lb, sedentary
    I select sedentary because even though i walk about sometimes I spend most of the day not moving much at all.
    You need 2,501 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
    You need 2,001 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
    You need 1,501 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
    You need 3,001 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week.
    You need 3,501 Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week.

this is what it says if I change my stats to age 47, 397lb, sedentary
    You need 2,943 Calories/day to maintain your weight.
    You need 2,443 Calories/day to lose 1 lb per week.
    You need 1,943 Calories/day to lose 2 lb per week.
    You need 3,443 Calories/day to gain 1 lb per week.
    You need 3,943 Calories/day to gain 2 lb per week.

So looking at that 3000cal per day would not lead to much weight loss. Really only a nutritionist or dietitian who knows your exact health can give an accurate answer. All internet sites will only give estimates based on whichever standardised formula they select to use.

1lb loss is still better than a gain, it is still a loss. You might be able to lose more if eat fewer calories but only you can decide what is right for you. If you lost 1lb every week that still all adds up over time. Maybe gradually lower it over several weeks to 2000 calories and see how you feel, if it feels sustainable or not. You know your body better than anyone else.

Thank you for this info! You're right, MFP doesn't seem to be accurate at all. It recommends I take in 2,500+ calories per day to achieve a 2lb loss per week at a sedentary exercise level. The discrepancy is glaring. I'll lower my intake slowly until I see that 2 lb. per week loss begin to happen.
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    My check in yesterday ended up inaccurate. .. had a late night snack and ended a bit over but nothing too crazy.
    Today was a good day. Lots of fruit and managed to fit in some rissotto while staying under calorie.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    katdanash wrote: »
    lungs59 wrote: »
    katdanash wrote: »
    I skipped breakfast opted only for coffee, bad idea , only had yogurt with granola for lunch , chicken sandwich for dinner and will have some strawberries later . but I have barely used half my calories . I have just found out in the 14th of March that I am fully diabetic now. Find a balance for breakfast is hard . trying to limit the carbs I eat . my gobto was a price of taost with strawberry preserves . don't get up in time to do eggs and can't do them everyday .. Low carb, sucks for me .

Hey Kat! There are soooooooo many choices for low carb, I get the coffee for breakfast I am really bad at that and I was not a big egg fan and still not all that thrilled with them unless they are cleverly disguised (BTW you can scramble eggs ahead of time and keep in fridge for a couple of days and warm up in microwave, I do this for work now sometimes) I am also not good at the whole breakfast thing and still struggle with that meal sometimes......but don't give up! It gets easier I promise! There is a bit of a learning curve because it goes kinda against what we have always been taught with normal dieting. When I was working day shift and had to pack a breakfast I found Dannon light and fit greek yogurt (strawberry cheesecake, VERY YUMMY and I do not care for yogurt either) has only 9 grams of carbs and also had some string cheese either 0 or 1 carb depending on type of cheese. That would hold me for a couple of hours if I needed a snack before lunch pork rinds are 0 carbs and Jack links meat sticks have 2 carbs, there are some other brands that have less.

When I first started low carb I felt like I was eating so much (I didn't even feel like I was on a diet) but it slows way down, you stop snacking in between meals because your not hungry. Your portion size starts dropping down to probably what is a normal portion just because you don't need as much to get full. I have hungry days, they seem to come in spurts of a couple of days at a time then they seem to go away and i am good again. There are so many choices out there just not things that your probably use to going and grabbing. Try and google some and research a little I bet you will be surprised. Oh and believe it or not you do kinda lose your taste for bread, pasta and potatoes after a while.

Let me know if you would like any suggestions for snacks or food, I will try to help you out I know its hard in the beginning

Thank you. I really appreciate any help. i really want to figure this out.
    Breakfast tomorrow is : scrambled egg with spinach and 1 tablespoon of cheddar cheese,
    Lunch is a salad with , romaine , spinach, chicken, cherry tomatoes, red onion, feta cheese and lowfat italian dressing . serving of cottage cheese topped with 1/2 half of a pineapple cup ( canned in own juice ) . baked cod fish , steamed veggies not sure what or if anything else yet. Snacks are planned as well . small apple and a tablespoon of peanut butter .
    How that meal plan sound to you ?

sounds like a good start! I love fish! Watch the low fat stuff though I have found that they tend to replace the fat with sugar (carbs) so sometimes it is better to go with the normal fat stuff.
  • lungs59
    lungs59 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Busy over the weekend it was my parents 51st wedding anniversary and we took them to Malibar Farm (where Bogie and Bacall secretly got married). They have a fantastic Inn there and it is my husbands and my favorite special place to go. So we splurged and split a dessert but other than that I have stayed on track. Kinda a bummer with being so close to a self made deadline but I will have to live with it. I also ignored the scales yesterday and today.
  • MYhealthyjourney70
    MYhealthyjourney70 Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    food was on point yesterday... today is prepped and logged... trying really hard to stay on track
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I was far over the last couple days. Now I'm going back to my 1500 calories.
  • Klipsan
    Klipsan Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I'm on plan and planning to stay that way. :)
  • BarneyRubbleMD
    BarneyRubbleMD Posts: 1,092 Member
    Options
    I did good yesterday and kept my blood sugars pretty well controlled, so Day 1 down! Now I just need to continue for 6 more days to reach my first goal of 7 days of good dieting & blood sugar control.
  • ClarissaCLD
    ClarissaCLD Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Still been comfort eating and feeling sorry for myself whilst poorly. Back at work tomorrow and determined to get back on track.
  • katdanash
    katdanash Posts: 1,390 Member
    Options
    After being sick for 5 days and making myself eat I hit the wall today and can't get full!!! Over my goals and not good . hope this is out of my system by tomorrow and I'm back on track. Dusting myself off , tomorrow is a new day ! On a good note 45 days soda free !!
  • krce
    krce Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    Logged all my food today & stayed within calories. Nutrition was ok - not very good on veggies.
  • animalrob37
    animalrob37 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    A little over on cals but exercised a lot
  • Nuari2016
    Nuari2016 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Been mainly on track - it's been HARD though. Inlaws are here and mystery calorie count foods keep hitting my plate. I'm assessing them the best I can.

Feel better soon, ClarissaCLD and Katdanash! I currently have the Cough of Doom (tm) keeping me awake most of the night. Hopefully you have a quicker recovery!
  • Pepperh3ad
    Pepperh3ad Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Under budget even before my workout! :)
  • arlenestrohmaier
    arlenestrohmaier Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Went out to lunch today with friends. Haven't mastered the staying away from chips and salsa with mexican food. Tomorrow back to my plan.
  • BigChangeNeeded
    BigChangeNeeded Posts: 671 Member
    Options
    I was under my goal yesterday, but my choices haven't been the best for a couple of days. But, like Dory, I'm just gonna keep swimming...
  • SarahsFitMess
    SarahsFitMess Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Right on target today but half my usual veg. Visiting family so food is unpredictable to say the least.