Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• Weeese
    Weeese Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Commiting to a new day today (at lunch time, better late than never!). Commiting to abstinence, just for today. One meal at a time, a new beginning... thanks @SenchaJill.
  • Weeese
    Options
    End of day check in. Abstinent day. Grateful for my attendance at a meeting tonight too. Hope you guys had/have a good day.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I’m checking in - committing again to abstinence today. I had some time for self-care and focusing on recovery today, which is do helpful.
    Wishing everyone a good day!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies, end of the day check in and happy to report that my abstinence was in the forefront, all by the grace of my HP.
  • Weeese
    Options
    Early morning commitment to an abstinent day, hand in hand with my HP. Following @SenchaJill s lead today - I’ve got time today for some meditation before I start my day. It will set me up right going forward. Have a good day 🌅
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning! I’m pledging my commitment to abstinence again today. It is so relieving to have a path out of the struggle of compulsive eating.
    January is a good month to consider the First Step and my complete powerlessness over food, if left to my own devices.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Over my 1/2 day mark of abstinence. Today is rainy and gloomy, but I'm not letting that keep me down. I've been reflecting on step one and the powerlessness that we suffer. The good think about this program is that we don't have to suffer in silence.
    Wishing you all a great, abstinent day!
  • Weeese
    Options
    Evening check-in. Busy day at work, which has been abstinence. Small victory to share, a meeting with many trigger foods. Stuck to a flat white and left the rest... unheard of before programme. I’m grateful for the accountability and structure that my HP and programme brings today; step one I am powerless without them. Keep coming back!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Weeese wrote: »
    Evening check-in. Busy day at work, which has been abstinence. Small victory to share, a meeting with many trigger foods. Stuck to a flat white and left the rest... unheard of before programme. I’m grateful for the accountability and structure that my HP and programme brings today; step one I am powerless without them. Keep coming back!

That's a great victory! I've had a similar experience with food being brought in at work for the past 3 days. Luckily a few of my work mates eat the same way as me, so the food was tailored to our liking.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I am committing to my recovery, just for today, by the grace of my HP. This program continues to bring me blessings, as I am working with a new sponsee!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning! I’m pledging my commitment to my abstinence here today - just for today.
    Powerlessness is real. Welcoming the help of a greater power.
  • Weeese
    Options
    Commiting to an abstinent day today... just for today. One meal at a time, hour by hour. Sometimes it needs to be that real.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Good morning OAers! I'm committing to my recovery JFT, with my HP in the forefront. I started off with the serenity prayer and am taking on the day, however it comes my way.

• SenchaJill
    Options
    I’m checking in at the end of an abstinent day, so grateful to be out of an unmanageable way of eating and living.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Happy weekend!
    Today I went to a movie and still stuck to my plan like a champ! I am here claiming my seat in recovery, just for today. I love that my HP carries me throughout the day and handles the things that are out of my control.

• SenchaJill
    Options
    “Stuck to my plan like a champ,” - I love it!
    I’m pledging my ongoing commitment to my recovery plan today. I’m relieved to know there is help in finding the path, and staying on the path of recovery.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Good morning! As I start my day with the serenity prayer, I reflect on my journey in Program. I am focused on my recovery, just for today. I am surrendering to my HP to handle things that are out of my control.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Good morning! I am committing to another day of recovery by the grace of my HP. I'll be heading to a meeting today for my spiritual fix.

• SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning - I’m checking in today, noting my commitment to my recovery. Just for today - I will, with help, keep my recovery front and center.
    I hope everyone has a good day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Today I'm back to work and focused on recovery for the next 24 hours.