Abstinence Check in

Options
GrokRockStar
GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
Its awfully quiet in here, is anyone else here? Just checking in to pledge my abstinence for the next 24 hours!

Replies

• Angelszophia
    Angelszophia Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I fell from abstinence today.
  • GrokRockStar
    edited March 2016
    Options
    That's okay @Angelszophia, today is another day to take the pledge.
    So, for the next 24 hours, lets pledge to remain abstinent and on track! Who else is with me?
  • Healthy0060
    Healthy0060 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Today and today only, I pledge and choose to eat 3 balanced meals and 1nutritious snack,
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    For the next 24 hours, I plan to remain abstinent, which includes sticking to my food plan!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in to pledge my abstinence for the next 24 hours!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Today is day 2 of my redefined abstinence, so feeling grateful for some focus and clarity!
  • gr33nslime
    gr33nslime Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    Hi, I am new to MFP OA. Today is Day 1 of my defined abstinence for the next 24 hours only. 3 balanced meals, 1 nutritious snack, and a big NO to sugar.
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm joining you today abstaining from sugar. Welcome! :)
  • Kai_Zak
    Kai_Zak Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello! This is my first post on MFP. My definition of abstinence is currently 3 meals a day and two snacks where sugar is not in the top 3 ingredients. I have 1 day of abstinence (today) and I'm determined to get to bed without bingeing! :) GBLiF x
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Day one of december for me and I'm abstaining from sugar and nut butter. One day at a time we can do this!
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Committing to my abstinence today.
    I'm a long-time OA believer, though only inconsistently committed to my abstinence over the years. Grateful to find this group as this is just my 2nd day on MFP.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hi Jill, welcome! Joining you for another day of abstinance here. :)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Thanks!
    I'm feeling grateful for the familiarity of 301. Committing to another day of abstinence, today bringing me a week of abstinence.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hi Everybody, I'm checking in today and admitting to myself and others that the last few days I've given myself more snacks than I need. Starting today back in the OA lane. abstaining from sugar and extra snacking. 301 for me!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Greetings - I'm committing to my abstinence again today; just for today - 301, no sugar. Grateful for recovery.
    P.S. Is the private OA group active? I think I tried to subscribe.... but I don't think I succeeded in getting through. Any suggestions on this? thanks, Jill
  • Gamliela
    Options
    we aren't too active, I'll try to add you!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Thanks for adding me! I'm glad there is a bit of OA recovery here on MFP. For me, I could run the risk of falling for the "diet trap" with this app (MFP) if I do not keep my OA recovery primary. I'll be chiming in on some long quiet threads, because it is helpful for my recovery, and will see how it all goes!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I'm so glad you're here! Yes, mfp could well be a diet triggerer in some situations. For me its giving me accountablility for the calories, which I can more easily see if I track them, it helps me stop fooling myself about serving sizes, which has helped me immensly over the past year from getting back into some of the uncessesary struggles I went through a few years ago. ;) Also from the sugar sweetned goodies. If I am accountable to log all the food daily, it makes me honest with myself.
    I used to want so mch to be 'normal' and never have to think about food servings or calorie amounts per day. I accept myself as being co, with a year of remission from overeating so far. One day at a time I keep accountable and maintain my current weight as sensibly and healthfully as I now see it.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I've been abstinant from sugar for over a year now ( bread and sweet baked goods for almost as long ).

This did result in weight loss as a secondary positive thing. Number one for me though, has been the freedom from compulsive overeating.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hi Everybody, I'm here to check in and be accountable for my abstinance for today from refined sugar.