Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Sencha, I'm happy you are finding a freedom from coe. What do you do to attain it?
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hmm - my post didn't post, I guess.
    Hi Gamliela and all - keeping my OA recovery in my mind helps me. I go through this checklist:
    Powerless ✔️
    Believe in a power greater than me can help ✔️
    Ask for help, turn it over ✔️
    Then I commit my intention to be abstinent, and log everything.
    Keeping sugar and flours out cuts my urges.
    Best to all, Jill
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Committing to my abstinence for today, with help.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I'm powerless over coe. I'm accepting help from a Power Greater than myself today.
    logging everything.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Pledging my intent to be abstinent today, free from sugar, flour, and compulsive eating. Asking for help.
  • Gamliela
    edited October 2017
    Options
    I finished yesterday abstinant free and free from coe!
    Starting today logging everything, powerless, asking Power Greater than myself for freedom from coe and to maintain abstinance from sugar and flour.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    I finished yesterday abstinant free and free from coe!
    Starting today logging everything, powerless, asking Power Greater than myself for freedom from coe and to maintain abstinance from sugar and flour.

Congrats!!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Nice, Gamliela! - I'm joining you with a pledge for abstinence today. Asking for help to be free from coe, no flours or sugar. Logging every bite.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    One day at a time again today.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    @KnitOrMiss good to see you again, even though there are only a few of us I find these check ins are good. I get to know others in the oa program and without that I would be isolated in my problem, there aren't oa meetings near me.
    Today I'm logging and joining Jill for another coe, sugar and flour free day!
    Best wishes all.
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    Gamliela wrote: »
    @KnitOrMiss good to see you again, even though there are only a few of us I find these check ins are good. I get to know others in the oa program and without that I would be isolated in my problem, there aren't oa meetings near me.
    Today I'm logging and joining Jill for another coe, sugar and flour free day!
    Best wishes all.

@Gamliela - Even if I'm not posting, I make a point to read these posts when they come up. I'm the one clicking like on your status posts and such! :) I'm in a less than stellar phase for myself right now. Cost is preventing any decent food options, which ends up triggering binges and poor choices. So I'm just doing the best I can and surviving until a better time.

I send all of y'all good thoughts every single day! :)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I'm pledging my abstinence - just for today.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I didn't realize there was activity here, great! The more places in program that I connect to, the better!
    I'm pledging to remain on plan for the next 24 hours!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Busy day yesterday and exhaustion, I stayed abstinant but woke up in the night and ate nuts and plain yogurt, so not perfect. Back today pledging abstinance, admitting powerless and logging everything.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I'm with you, pledging to my abstinence for the day.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Finally feeling more normal after relocating but still, remembering my powerlessness over food, logging and checking in, and asking help from the One who has All Power.
    Wish everyone a day free from coe.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Checking in - grateful for the OA program and OAers everywhere - offering your experience, strength, and hope.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Grateful for those who check in regularly, it makes it easier to have accountablility.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Grateful for OA and a program of recovery; ending an abstinent day.
  • Gamliela
    edited October 2017
    Options
    Grateful for a Power Greater than myself, makes abstient weekends possible!