Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Hi everybody! I'm checking in today for my abstinance from processed sugar, artificial sweeteners and sugary baked goods. Accountable odaat with coe here. Its been a little rocky over the last week but I did stick with no sugar abstinance. I ate more than usual a couple of times but thanks to the OA 12 step program I was sober from coe. I'm finding that eating more around my maintenance calorie amount helps a lot in keeping from oe.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello OA folks - I've been abstinent from added sugar since February 2017 (again.) I have known long periods of abstinence in my life, as well as long periods of compulsive overeating.
    I'm committing again today - just for today.
  • lemonadrienne77
    lemonadrienne77 Posts: 4 Member
    edited September 2017
    Options
    I'm here! I'm just trying to figure out the best way to reply to posts. I am defining my abstinence as planned meals and snacks only. I've also been a compulsive overexerciser, so I have to put a limit on my hours logged in exercise as well!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning, everyone. I'm checking in with my intention to be abstinent from unplanned foods, sugar, and processed foods. Actually, I'm trying to figure out my abstinence plan; 301 was always my plan, with no sugar. Now it's 301 plus a protein snack if I'm hungry. Actually again, that is a trick of my disease - discerning if I'm *really* hungry. Ha! Anyway, I'm logging my food to be accountable, eating planned foods, and I abstain from sugars and white flours.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Pledging my abstinence today - to abstain from compulsive eating.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    odaat abstaining from all added sugars of any type.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hello everyone - I'm done eating for the day and am grateful for another day of abstinence - free from coe and no sugar. Today I weighed and measured some of my food, which may keep me more honest/accurate.
    I know I'm powerless, yes; I believe in a power greater than myself, yes; and once again I turn it over to my HP - grateful for OA.
    Thanks, Jill
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Jill, thanks for sharing your strength of the steps one, two and three.
    I'll do another sugar free day today, turning it over to that Higher Power greater than myself.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning, I'm pledging another day of abstinence, continuing to work the program seeking recovery, with the help of my HP.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Pledging my abstinence for today - free of sugar and coe. I'm powerless over addiction; I'm turning it over.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Done for the day. Grateful for OA abstinence.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Admitting my powerlessness, asking for help, and pledging my intent to remain abstinent today, ODAAT.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Checking in again; just for today I'm committing to my abstinence.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Had a coissant on Saturday, suffered for it. Back today off sugar and sweeteners. Still feel shaky and I'm eating too much! At least free from my trigger food.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hello Gamliela!
    Yes, for me it is a great relief to get free of my trigger foods. I'm finding MFP to be a very helpful tool to help me stay in reasonable limits. I'm done eating for the day, and am grateful for recovery through my OA program.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Committing to my freedom from compulsive eating today - and abstaining from sugar - just for today.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Checking in again and commiting to a day free from coe.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Commiting to another day of abstinence.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    It took me quasi 4 days to really recover from that trigger food I ate. By that I mean that although I didn't eat any more sugar or sweets after that trigger food, I feel like I was overindulging in other foods too much in my attempt to get past the craving set up by the sugar and bread I gave in to.
    At least I am back on track and abstinant.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Grateful for OA and grateful to be done eating for another abstinent day. I'm feeling some relief from the madness of compulsive eating.