Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Making abstinence a priority today and grateful for the step one admission of powerlessness, step 2 asking for sanity from a Greater Power, step three turning this day around by just doing the next right thing and not worrying about the results, thats all in another realm.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Gratitude for the sanity of this life of reliance on the Power Greater than myself.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Checking in at the end of an abstinent day, so grateful that I have been relieved from the torturous urges to eat compulsively.
    Happy Christmas to all who celebrate!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Remembering the insanity of coe I have experienced n the past. Today in gratitude for the oa way of life, I'm happy to be turning everything over to the Highest Power that exists and asking for sanity and peace of mind for myself, the others here in oa and my loved ones.
  • Lynn_is_happy
    Lynn_is_happy Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    Brand new. Four days without sugar is huge for me.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Brand new. Four days without sugar is huge for me.

That's great, Lynn! Just remember to take it one day at a time and eventually the cravings will subside.

• Gamliela
    Options
    away to go Lynn! there are quite a few of us abstaining from sugar here. Best wishes to you. :)
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hello all, I've just joined the group today. Happy to find you here, thanks for the service.

Day 3 no sugar, no wheat, no alcohol. Also went to a F2F meeting :)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hello all, I've just joined the group today. Happy to find you here, thanks for the service.

Day 3 no sugar, no wheat, no alcohol. Also went to a F2F meeting :)

Welcome! I’m glad you found a F2F meeting. Gather in all the tools and resources you can.
    You are not alone; I support you because we are in this together.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    @SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar, thanks for checking in, and welcome!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hi and Welcome here @SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar at our oa group! I'm on again for another sane day of continuing abstinent from processed sugars 'n any wheaty things of all kinds.
  • BulletProofSkim
    BulletProofSkim Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    7 days abstinent, doing well.
  • SenchaJill
    Options

Wonderful; there is great relief possible with the OA program.

• Gamliela
    Options
    Good going @SkimFlatWhiteNoSugar ! :)
  • GrokRockStar
    Options

WTG on your continued abstinence!

• SenchaJill
    Options
    Grateful for a program that can lead me to sanity!
  • BrakemanSlova
    BrakemanSlova Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Hi! 5 weeks of abstinence today. 301 plan and no sugar, flour, diet soda, alcohol (omg), and a low carb primal-type diet
  • GrokRockStar
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Hi! 5 weeks of abstinence today. 301 plan and no sugar, flour, diet soda, alcohol (omg), and a low carb primal-type diet
    Our abstinent plan is very similar (aside from 3-0-1), congrats on your continued abstinence! I recently recommitted and on day 7.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Its not a part of my abstinence, but I also don't take alcohol or sodas. Diet anything gives me headaches... so, no way. @BrakemanSlova, good to have you checking in and sharing your experience with the one day at a time program! and congratylations @GrokRockStar ! week one is a real hurdle in my experience, good you are getting health back as well! I don't remember the last time I had sugar in anything, and I think last summer I caved into bread for a couple of days though. Any way, abstinence works to stop coe for me, and thats an important thing here. :)
  • Gamliela
    Options
    With everyone here for another day of abstinent living p, sanity and freedom.