Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    Goodmorning, I'm still abstinent and grateful for the strength to have kept up walking over this last week.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Good morning - I’m with you, Gamliela, keeping up my walking, and remaining abstinent.
    I’m grateful for a program that can lead us out of the insanity of compulsive eating.
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Committing to another day of abstinence with you ladies!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    As for me, I’m
    ✔️still powerless
    ✔️believe in a higher power
    ✔️turning my life (and also my food!) over again.
    Grateful.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Happy to be here turning this day over to the greater power for my abstinence, askng for freedom from coe and keeping away from eating too many nuts. Happy end of the week to everyone and 'good weekend!'
  • GrokRockStar
    edited February 2018
    Options
    Grateful today for:
    1. The OA fellowship
    2. The ability to make a difference in people's lives (through medicine)
    3. My family support in my recovery
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Making contact with others in this fellowship to commit this day to my Greater Power for abstinence and freedom from coe.
  • SBFITGOAL17
    SBFITGOAL17 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi Fellow I’m here too. QUALIFIED COE. So glad this is here. Tried a meeting and ask a sponsor. It didn’t work out well. I’ll try again. Any advise?
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hi Fellow I’m here too. QUALIFIED COE. So glad this is here. Tried a meeting and ask a sponsor. It didn’t work out well. I’ll try again. Any advise?

I would say don't give up. It took me a few tries to land a sponsor that I was able to work well with. You can always connect with a fellow OAer who is willing to work with you through the steps until you can secure someone more permanent. If you can, I recommend joining a step study (even if it's a virtual one) so that you can get your spiritual fix in that way. I am available for reach out calls, so if there is a need or desire, please message me.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Committing to 24 hours of abstinence by the grace of my HP!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in to commit to my abstinence for the next 24 hours, by the grace of my HP.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hi, commiting to a day free from coe and staying abstinent!
    Welcme SBFITGOAL17 :)
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in to claim my abstinence for the next 24 hours. It's great to be in recovery and on track, by the grace of my HP of course!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hello - I’m committing to my abstinence again today. I’m so grateful for this OA program of recovery, and for this MFP app which is a tool of my recovery - helping me to stay honest about food.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Today is a great day to be abstinent and focused on my recovery. I'm committing to program and claiming my "seat" in this forum. Here's to a great, abstinent day!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I’m claiming my seat as well. I’m on the road traveling, so it’s even more important to keep my mind on my recovery.
    I continue to be grateful for this program of recovery.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Pledging my abstinence - just for today. Grateful.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Committing to another day with my recovery in the forefront. Here's to a great, abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in and committing to abstinence for the next 24 hours!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Starting our 1,700 mile trek home! I realized on this vacation how much more comfortable I am in my body. What a relief! I’m grateful for the gift and miracle of abstinence.
    I’m pledging my commitment to my recovery again today.