Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Joining you here, pledging my commitment to my abstinence today. Grateful!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    It’s been a couple years since I ate compulsively, which is how I’ve defined my abstinence. Ive also added on (recently) abstaining from foods that hinder my blood sugar, so I imagine that my abstinence will evolve over time, as some foods that are not a trigger for me causes my blood sugar to spike.
    Thanks @Gamliela for your insight and support!!
  • KnitOrMiss
    KnitOrMiss Posts: 10,104 Member
    Options
    @GrokRockStar How are you determining what causes your blood sugar to spike? Are you using a glucose monitor? Or reactions? I'd love to know!
  • Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    edited January 2018
    Options
    Good day everybody, I'm pledging my abstinence today, grateful for the opportunity of accountablility for getting over rough times and to show up and share. Sanity and freedom from coe are worth it!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    KnitOrMiss wrote: »
    @GrokRockStar How are you determining what causes your blood sugar to spike? Are you using a glucose monitor? Or reactions? I'd love to know!

Yes, I use a glucometer and check fasting and after meals, so I check about 4 times per day.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Committing to my program today with some recovery reading and ME time.
    I attended a F2F meeting yesterday and it was very humbling and spiritual. I'm filled with gratitude for this program.
    Here's to a great, abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Grateful for this program of recovery. Wishing everyone a great, abstinent day!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Thanks Felicia, I join with everybody today in gratitude for the fellowship here. Checking in this morning with my intentions for abstaining from grains and processed sugars, artificial and otherwise. Its what works for me! :)
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in with all of you to pledge another day of abstinence and gratitude for this program of recovery!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Pledging today to stay odaat in abstinence and freedom from coe. Depending on the Greater Power to get me through and its so good to have this group to come to.:)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I’m joining you in commiting to my recovery today, just for today. I’m grateful for a path that leads out of the dark woods of insanity.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Checking in to pledge abstinence for another day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Pledging abstinence for the next 24 hours, one day at a time!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Commiting to my recovery again today; grateful.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in at the end of the day confirming my abstinence
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    How brilliant that there is a program that can lead us out of the woods of insanity!
    I’m grateful to be abstinent today, and so relieved to not be walking this OA path alone.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Yes, we are not alone, I’m right there with you Jill!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I’m pledging my commitment to my OA program of recovery today.
    Starting the day with a breath of relief.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning - I’m pledging my abstinence for this day. I’m relieved to be relieved - grateful for OA.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I’m pledging my commitment to my abstinence again today. I’m so grateful that OA has shown me a path out of the insanity of compulsive eating.