Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• Gamliela
    Gamliela Posts: 2,468 Member
    Options
    I also welcome you Brettbabs, its great to have someone here who is also coming to the OA group. I find checking in and reading how others are doing is very much a benefit to my own recovery and I hope it adds to the hope and strength of others too. I'm admitting my personal powerlessness over food this morning and my gratitude for those who are here on this same path One Day at a Time abstinent from compulsive eating. One sober hour is the start of recovery.
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Checking in at the end of an abstinent day. This was our Thanksgiving meal day, and I ate more, and other than, my normal foods. But I remained abstinent as I did not have flours or sugars, and I did not snack throughout the day.
    Grateful for OA recovery.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Pledging another day of abstinence here, odat with the help of the Power Greater than human power we can do this.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Joining you in pledging my commitment to my recovery.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Pledging again today - commiting to my recovery.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Each day is a new beginning, and I'm commiting my commitment to recovery for this day.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Commiting the next 24-hours - grateful for OA recovery.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Joining you in this day, also grateful for oa and your recovery.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I'm pledging my abstinence again today - grateful to be relieved of the insanity.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Me too SJ. :smile: Aknowledging powerlessness over food and so grateful for the protection and care of a Power Greater than myself ATM!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    I figure I'll pledge here too for the next 24 hours! Nice to see activity here as well.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    I'm joining you - pledging my commitment to abstinence for this day.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Hey wishing all a good weekend, happy and coe free!
  • Gamliela
    Options
    I'm very grateful for the abstinent weekend I had, thanks to fellow oa's here and a Power Greater than myself for that! Now I'm back here to start a fresh week with you all pledging today to be abstinent from processed sugar, sweets and flours. Have a great day everyone. :)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good Monday Morning to you! I'm pledging my commitment to my recovery today. I'm grateful for a program of recovery.
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    It's a good time of year for me to use all of my available supports for my recovery.
    To that end, I'm pledging my commitment to my abstinence today, remaining free from sugar and compulsive eating. Grateful for a program that has restored me to sanity.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Gratitude is hand in hand with humility I heard. So grateful for the oa steps of living today and this place to voice and share a daily commitment to abstinence and recovery. Sanity! I like how you mention that Jill, it puts a good thought into my mind that without these steps I believe sanity would be illusive for me.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Another day! Glad to be odaat free from trigger foods, so here again for this day, one more of those. :)
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Powerless ✔️
    Believe in a greater power✔️
    Turning it over again, for today ✔️
    I’m grateful for a program of recovery from the insanity.
  • Gamliela
    Options
    Stating my intention for abstinence from the foods I know can lead to oe! and happy to be saner through practicing 12 steps for spiritual recovery.