Abstinence Check in

Options

Replies

• nancygrateful
    nancygrateful Posts: 17 Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    thank you @SenchaJill. I so appreciate you sharing.
    Checking in regarding my abstinence and food plan. I said the first three steps, prayed to my HP and said the 3rd step prayer this morning before starting. Committed my plan before breakfast and off I am on my way to another abstinent day with God's grace. My daughter just texted me about being in town for lunch and wanting her to meet me at a certain restaurant. Its a safe one for me to get an abstinent meal so I will adjust my lunch on MFP ahead of time. Happy abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    Checking in as my day is slowing down, with my abstinence in the forefront.

Wishing you all a great, abstinent day!
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Hello - I’m pledging my continuing commitment to my recovery today - just for today. I’m still so grateful for this path of recovery.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in on this love <3 day to claim my seat in this "room," as I commit to my abstinence for the next 24 hours. I surrender to my HP to take care of the things that are out of my control. We can do this!

• SenchaJill
    Options
    “Together we can what seemed impossible alone.”
    I’m commiting to my recovery again today - just for today.
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Hi @GrokRockStar and @SenchaJill, Can I ask are either of you available to sponsor by chance? I am stepping up to wanting to be accountable in my program and not to do this alone. I really love how you both check in daily about your recovery and what you have to say.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hi @GrokRockStar and @SenchaJill, Can I ask are either of you available to sponsor by chance? I am stepping up to wanting to be accountable in my program and not to do this alone. I really love how you both check in daily about your recovery and what you have to say.

Hi Nancy, I sent you a private message.
  • GrokRockStar
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Today I commit to my recovery, just for today, by the grace of my HP. Today's focus will be simply keeping warm on this chilly day. I'll also be tuning into some OA speaker podcasts to keep my spirituality in check:
    https://www.oalaig.org/laig-virtual-speakers-bureau/

• GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in to pledge my commitment to my recovery, for the next 24hrs. Today I listened to an OA podcast with the topic of honesty. As I listened, I realized that honesty doesn't always apply to my spoken words, but also with my behavior. My nonverbal actions affects outcomes just as does my verbal actions. That's some deep thinking.

• SenchaJill
    Options
    Hello! I’m recommitting to my recovery today, and pledging my abstinence again just for today. As I often say, I’m so grateful for a path out of the difficulty of compulsive eating.
    In general, about sponsorship, I know I am not able to sponsor at this moment - in part because I, myself, am not currently being sponsored. @nancygrateful, I admire your ability to ask for help. For the time being, I continue to check in here, listen to OA podcasts, and hit my face-to-face recovery meetings.
    Here’s wishing you an abstinent day!
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Thank you @SenchaJill I so appreciate your share. This group is so great and very helpful. @GrokRockStar I couldn't find a private message from you anywhere. I looked in my emails and don't know where else to check. I did get the sponsor list from Stacy. I have reached out and waiting to hear back. I am so grateful for my abstinence, my program and my food plan today. I will do my readings and journal today and will make some outreach calls. Will also check out the podcasts recommended. Thank you all, have a great abstinent day!!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    @nancygrateful, I’ll recheck my sent folder and will resend. I’ve been having issues and recently reached out to tech support. In the interim, glad that you have obtained a sponsor list!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Good morning all!
    Today isn't going to be a fun one (dental work), so I'll be leaning to my HP to get me through it. I am putting my abstinence in the forefront and focusing on my recovery. These are the times I would typically lean towards food for comfort, but i no longer have to go there, knowing what I know now.
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Good Afternoon all! Grateful for my food plan today as the great tool that is is for me. Grateful that I can turn my abstinence over to my HP and pray for his guidance and protection throughout the day. Just had a little tiff with my hubby which used to automatically drive me to the kitchen for something soothing. So grateful to have turned left rather than right and to find myself here. I get it about the dental work @GrokRockStar I had my HP hold my hand getting to the dentist and during the procedures when I had my root canals years ago. Happy abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hi Nancy, it's great that we no longer have to lean to food in stressful situations. Well my dental work has been put off once again because my wisdom tooth did not budge and it was too painful even with the numbing. My HP was definitely at my side!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    It's the end of day for me and I have committed to my recovery by the grace of my HP.
    Hoping that you all had a great, abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    I'm feeling blah today due to a cold and pretty much snowed in for the weekend.
    weather.jpg

I have planned ahead in the food department, so I have no issue in committing to my recovery, for the next 24 hours.
  • nancygrateful
    Options
    Great face to face meeting last night. I may go again tonight. Grateful for my food plan and that today I am willing to take the time to plan my food ahead of my day. Typically, I would not take the time to plan and my food would become whatever was easy and fast. Although, I would typically choose something healthy-ish, because I was hurried and waited too long I would eat too much food and too unconsciously. I am grateful that HP removed general fast food eating as my go-to place many years ago. Happy Abstinence! Happy program! Happy Evening!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    @nancygrateful, I just love the spiritual feeling after and during a F2F meeting. I did send you another mail message, so I hope you received it. If not, please message me and I will reply.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Today, I'm still nursing a cold and snowed in, but I did some Big Book reading with my hubby this morning, along with working step 11 (prayer and meditation). I feel blessed, as I am better connected to my spiritual self, only by the grace and care of my HP.
    I pledge to remain abstinent for the next 24 hours.