Abstinence Check in

Options
1131415161719»

Replies

• GrokRockStar
    GrokRockStar Posts: 2,938 Member
    Options
    End of the day check in and grateful to be abstinent today, with the guidance of my HP. Wishing you all a great, abstinent evening!
  • SenchaJill
    SenchaJill Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I’m checking in at the end of an abstinent day, and I’m feeling grateful to have the urges to compulsively eat removed - just for today.
    Have a good evening!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Good morning!
    I’m pledging my commitment to my ongoing recovery here today. I’m claiming my powerlessness, and acknowledging my need for a power greater than myself to continue in my program of recovery.
    Here’s wishing you a good day!
  • Musicladyo
    Musicladyo Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Just found this group on MFP today...so I'm checking in! I'm 7 months abstinent as of today! My POE is to only eat planned meals and avoid compulsive food behaviors.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Musicladyo wrote: »
    Just found this group on MFP today...so I'm checking in! I'm 7 months abstinent as of today! My POE is to only eat planned meals and avoid compulsive food behaviors.

Congrats on your continued abstinence!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    End of the day check in for me and adhered to my plan by the grace of my HP. I'm grateful to hold onto food sobriety and to work the steps with my home group!
    Wishing you all a great, abstinent evening!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    It's been a few days, but checking in to commit to my abstinence, with my HP at the wheel. I'm grateful to be in Program to claim my seat. The weather has been so beautiful that I've been spending my time outdoors and less online, but I commit to check in periodically. As the Easter holiday approaches, I'm sending everyone blessings, and wishing you all a great, abstinent day!
  • nancygrateful
    nancygrateful Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies! So nice to see you on here and to be checking in. Welcome musiclaydo! Abstinent 3+ months now and working with a sponsor daily now for about a month. I did what you suggested Felicia, I let my sponsor come to me, a gentle breeze and there she was. I commit to my abstinent today by the grace of God. I put everything in his hands. Happy day all!
  • SenchaJill
    Options
    Hello! I’m pledging my commitment to my recovery again today. Here’s wishing you all a great and abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Hello ladies! So nice to see you on here and to be checking in. Welcome musiclaydo! Abstinent 3+ months now and working with a sponsor daily now for about a month. I did what you suggested Felicia, I let my sponsor come to me, a gentle breeze and there she was. I commit to my abstinent today by the grace of God. I put everything in his hands. Happy day all!

That's great to hear, Nancy! I've been working on my recovery offline, while enjoying the great outdoors (home projects). Wishing you a great, abstinent day!
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in to claim my abstinence, just for today, for the next 24 hours. I won't be checking in as often, as this forum appears to be inactive. Wishing you all a great recovery and program experience. Please reach out to me personally (IM) if you're looking to connect with a fellow OAer, otherwise, I won't be spending time here, unless it becomes active again.
    Wishing you all a great, abstinent day!
  • sebedina
    sebedina Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    Where is everyone? Is this group still active? I am checking in my 1st day after a period of disastrous eating. Avoiding WHEAT. This is my trigger.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    sebedina wrote: »
    Where is everyone? Is this group still active? I am checking in my 1st day after a period of disastrous eating. Avoiding WHEAT. This is my trigger.

The group isn't active, but I do check in periodically.
    It's great that you've identified what triggers you. but you may want to also address what resulted in your "diastrous eating." This can be accomplished through working the steps.
  • GrokRockStar
    Options
    Checking in to claim my seat in Program. I've been on and off, but re-booting my food plan and working the steps to remain abstinent, by the grace of my HP, of course.
    Wishing everyone out there a great, abstinent Day!