Calorie Counter

Message Boards Groups Eat More 2 Weigh Less
You are currently viewing the message boards in:

New To EM2WL? Introduce Yourself Here!

1303132333436»

Replies

• TrishTherkelsen67TrishTherkelsen67 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Hi, I'm Trish, from Ireland. Not new to MFP but since I first started had some health issues to deal with and weight problem was sort of sidelined. At 53, I feel old and unfit, but young at heart so at odds with how my body is performing for me. I think it has taken me forever to get over the psychological hang ups that make me over eat. I am ready to change my eating habits for good. I can be very disciplined but struggle to actually eat enough good food now. A gum problem has my mouth very sore at the moment, but as I am only getting going this week I am trying to be kind to myself. I usually don't share much of myself on social media, and am not good at asking for help or support- ironic since that's what i do for a living. (I'm a psychotherapist) OH wait now... the walking wounded!! I would like to connect with anyone who identifies and is open to sharing their journey. I want to stay motivated and hope to finally succeed at reaching my goal weight and being able to stay there.
  • kdog223kdog223 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hi I'm kaitlin im down 100 lbs since 2017. It has been a long road. Now im trying to get rid of my last 45 lbs. I am very active and eat clean but I believe my intake was too low. I added this app to help me stay on top of how much im really eating.
  • heybalesheybales Member Posts: 17,746 Member Member Posts: 17,746 Member
    kdog223 wrote: »
    Hi I'm kaitlin im down 100 lbs since 2017. It has been a long road. Now im trying to get rid of my last 45 lbs. I am very active and eat clean but I believe my intake was too low. I added this app to help me stay on top of how much im really eating.

So below 50 is more reasonable for the body to start slowing the rate of loss, 30-50 is good for 1.5 weekly.

A stressed body is going to stop cooperating with your efforts. If already doing less than that then great.

Great job on sticking to it.

Ever taken a purposeful week diet break - eating up around maintenance, to reset the hormones?
  • kazza247kazza247 Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member Member, Premium Posts: 1 Member
    Hi there , I'm Kaz and I'm from the land down under...Just signed up with a nutrition coach trying to get rid of 15kg of body fat... Ive been using mfp on and off for 10 years but just seem yoyo... I'm 52 and want to get into the best shape of my life so lets see how this goes...
  • khogans02khogans02 Member Posts: 2 Member Member Posts: 2 Member
    Hello everyone I am once again on the weight loss journey; currently I weigh 205 and I would like to loss about 35lbs. I do walk most days at least 4 days a week but my diet is not the best and I am currently working on that. We can do this everyone regardless of where we are we can do it. I have done it before and will do it again.