anyone interested in the whole30?

Options
12346»

Replies

• climberchic
    climberchic Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!! How DO you feel?
  • dandelion39
    dandelion39 Posts: 514 Member
    Options
    I feel great. Weight loss definitely wasn't the goal of my Whole30 (but a very welcome side-effect, I'll admit). I felt much more energetic throughout the day, and had fewer cravings. I slept really well the whole time and felt generally happy. I think I had fewer hormonal PMS issues, too. But, that said, I didn't go into the program with any digestive issues or other health issues, really, so I didn't have any huge improvements there--I seem to tolerate dairy and grain just fine, for the most part.

I really think the biggest change for me was the way the Whole30 made me conscious of what I was putting into my body, and why I was eating. Several times I found myself about to throw a handful of whatever I was giving my kids in my mouth--even when I wasn't hungry and didn't even like what they were eating. And many times I realized I was about to eat something just because I was bored or stressed...not because I was hungry. I can't remember if it was on the Whole30 blog or someplace else that I read the advice to evaluate cravings vs. actual hunger by asking yourself if you're hungry enough to eat a piece of steamed fish and some veggies. If you're only "hungry" enough for a cookie (or whatever), you're not really hungry. That helped me!

Also, not to focus on weight loss too much, but in the past every pound has been a struggle. With this plan, I didn't even track calories and lost weight effortlessly. I was also lifting a lot, so may have recomped too... Win, win, win!
  • PLUMSGRL
    PLUMSGRL Posts: 1,134 Member
    Options
    SO, finished The Whole 30, I feel so much better physically and mentally. No more brain fog, more energy, sleeping better,no stiff achy feeling, no water retention. I lost 3.4 pounds,1.2% of body fat, a total of 4 inches, most dramatic was 1.5 inches off my hips! My only problem is I need to find a way to incorporate more foods high in potassium...still getting muscle cramps. Would I do it again? It wasn't hard, except for 3-4 days in the second week (headaches and lethargy). Only exercise I did was walking the dog, I was always full, ate lots of great food. So, YES! In fact I think I'll be repeating it but adding a weight program 2-3 days a week. Primal this week, second round of Whole 30 next Monday!