Step-It-Up September Week 1 (9/1-9/7)

Options

Replies

• carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    Daily goal (most days): 11k steps
    Sept 1: 11,290 steps
    Sept 2: 10,000 steps (was getting eaten up by mosquitos so called it quits early!)
    Sept 3: 12,450 steps (made up for yesterday)
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Daily goals: 12,000 steps Friday-Monday/15,000 steps Tuesday-Thursday (days I work) and being more precise with food logging.
    9/3 16,541 steps
    Food measured/weighed✅
  • roeh
    roeh Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    My goal is to get 10k steps per day.
  • Ringbearer2
    Ringbearer2 Posts: 592 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Day 3: 15,759. My feet hurt!:).
    Got 51 "intensity minutes". Whatever that means.
    30 second plank on elbows. Ouch.
  • Phrick
    Phrick Posts: 2,765 Member
    Options
    9/3/16 -
    Goal: 7500 steps
    Actual: 12,743 steps

acfslv6bjlpn.png
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Phrick wrote: »
    9/3/16 -
    Goal: 7500 steps
    Actual: 12,743 steps

acfslv6bjlpn.png

You are killing it, toothache and all!

• sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Sept 3:
    Water goal - successful - drank 1500ml
    Step goal - did not reach. Only hit about 6000/10,000 yesterday.

Shall try again today!
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    DOMS struck today with scale increase. I'm going to bully right through it, I've read up on the scale increase at the onset of an exercise regime and it's quite normal. I've banned the scale from the house for a few weeks, as it may take two or three weeks for the retention to calm its tits. So...I'm continuing on with the Steppin' It Up. No swimming today, the lake is getting cold...but a good walk with some jogging and of course the planking is where it's at today.

Plus I'm going to be taking rest days...
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    LOL. I see all 4 of my attempts to post the other day finally showed up. Sorry. :/

September 3: unintentional day off
    September 4: 80 minute round trip walk to grocery store. Average speed 3.82 mph. A bit faster than I prefer. Good music. Carried home 8 pounds of frozen St. Louis Ribs in the backpack. 1000 minutes to for for September.
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    1) 30 minutes walking
    2) 10 -3.4 lbs = 6.6 lbs to goal
    3) Basic plank: 180 seconds

Am thinking of starting a 30 day squat challenge as well . Just not happy with the skinny fat look. So, why not give it a whirl. Between the plank and the squat it might only be about 8 or nine minutes. Seems doable for a month.

Tonite will be a hard night for me. A lot riding on the outcome of certain events, so I'm ready for whatever happens. Truthfully, either outcome would be equally stressful, but I'm leaning towards and hoping for one in particular.
    Good news is that I have not binged this entire weekend in spite of so much going on. First time in months I survived the weekend. And the weight is going down! I may actually get the 10 pounds off!
    Feeling good to be stepping up, pals.

• MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    Goal: average 2 miles per day
    9/2: 2.8 miles
    9/3: 1.8 miles
    9/4: 5.5 miles
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Today was pretty good.
    I'm getting close to 10k steps plus I did my 30 mins of PT exercises again (getting back on track with that!)
    Well under for calories.
    45 gm net carbs which was 5 over goal but there were some extra temptations in the house today so I'm glad I stayed pretty close!
  • genmon00
    genmon00 Posts: 604 Member
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    I am doing my planks on my elbows .....so hard for me.

I prefer my elbows lol did mine for last two days going to do it when I get home today from my mini vacation
  • kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    Planks are so hard. My abs must be so weak. I guess four children, one vertical emergency c section really messed them up. I did 20 secs today......argh.
  • eneild
    eneild Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Daily goals: 12,000 steps Friday-Monday/15,000 steps Tuesday-Thursday (days I work) and more precision with logging to clamp down on calorie creep.
    9/4: 12,846 steps
    Weighing/measuring food✅
  • Ringbearer2
    Options
    Missed by a mile yesterday. Have a big language test today so I was mainly studying. Then woke up to an unexplained 3 lb gain (though I can tell from my rings it's only water). But ugh. Oh well. New week! Did manage 30 second elbow plank though.
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    Today 9/5/16: Walked to the same grocery store for some more ribs and some fresh collards. Ribs are marinating in their dry rub and collards to be prepped shortly :) .

5.07 miles. Average 3.64 mph. 80 minutes under Carolina Blue Skies. 920 more minutes remaining to meet September goal of 1200. Appreciate the Challenge/motivation. Movement does a body good.