Step-It-Up September Week 1 (9/1-9/7)

Options

Replies

• kfat1
    kfat1 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    @SuperCarLori . Google 30 day plank challenge. There are several to choose from. I am starting at 20 secs a day and building up to five minutes with rest days!
  • kpk54
    kpk54 Posts: 4,474 Member
    Options
    I'll shoot for 1200 dedicated minutes for September. I put exercise on the back burner intentionally the last 5 months. Now I'm nursing a torn rotator cuff and subluxated bicep but there are still things I can do.

Day 1 done: Adapted low impact aerobics and jog away the pounds-60 minutes.
  • BackwoodsDarlin
    BackwoodsDarlin Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    I am new to this group and just started yesterday, so my "step it up" is to get through this first week, month with no turning back LOL It doesn't sound like a lot to most, but for me, it is a huge step in my life's future. The future I decided to change as of yesterday. Log every day as best I can and also cut down on my insulin dosages that I take daily. Those two things will really "step it up" for me!

Weight wise, I'd like to drop at least 20+ lbs this month, but I'm not going to limit myself to a number as that puts too much stress on me, but it's a goal I'm striving for, which my stepping it up should help me get closer. I may not be there yet, but I'm closer today than I was yesterday LOL

Nice to meet everyone!
  • toadqueen
    toadqueen Posts: 592 Member
    Options
    My September Step It Up Goals are twofold:

1. Increase my exercise (more steps!)
    2. Improve my consistency in eating properly

1. Exercise
    Week 1 - Walk at least 1/2 every other day (even days)
    Week 2 - Walk at least 1/2 every other day (even days) and ride my tricycle on odd days
    Week 3 - Walk at least 1/2 hour every day and continue riding my tricycle when I can
    Week 4 - Walk at least 1/2 hour every day, ride my tricycle, try a Zumba class again

2. Diet - all month: stick with the plan (protein, fat, salt), record my food, adjust for issues. Maybe try IF again,
  • elize7
    elize7 Posts: 1,088 Member
    Options
    1)housecleaning, heavy: 30 minutes

2)Weight goal: lose 10 pounds
    9/1/16: 10-0= 10 more to go

3)basic plank: 150 seconds
  • jmd543
    jmd543 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Sept. 1:
    AM Cycling 10:20
    Breakfast 3:00PM
    PM Cycling 7:10
  • IcanIwill1
    IcanIwill1 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I fell back in love with my heart rate monitor and have been blitzing the fat off me these last two weeks.
    My September goal is to keep working at 85% -92% of my MHR...most of my 60min workout.
    I want to hit my weight loss goal of weighing 140lbs by my 55th birthday.
  • MyriiStorm
    MyriiStorm Posts: 609 Member
    Options
    On average, I walked about 1.5 miles/day in August. My goal is to step that up to an average of 2 miles/day in September.

Google Fit does a good job for me tracking my distance and steps. Best of all, it's free! :smiley:
  • SuperCarLori
    SuperCarLori Posts: 1,248 Member
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    @SuperCarLori . Google 30 day plank challenge. There are several to choose from. I am starting at 20 secs a day and building up to five minutes with rest days!

Thank you. That was pretty obvious, right? *blush blush*
  • carlsoda
    carlsoda Posts: 3,412 Member
    Options
    My goal is to try and hit 11k steps most days. I have a couple of medical things this month where I know I won't get the steps in, but other days I will!!
  • juliegayleh
    juliegayleh Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    My step it up challenge is to move at least 30 min a day most days. I work on my feet all day and have been making excuses about exercising. Walking, yoga, strength..... just some form of exercise.
  • sammyliftsandeats
    sammyliftsandeats Posts: 2,421 Member
    Options
    Day 1 recap:
    Water goal - complete
    Step goal - complete - surpassed the 10,000 goal a bit before 5pm today.

Thank god for client meetings! Haha running back and forth helped a lot!
  • RalfLott
    RalfLott Posts: 5,036 Member
    Options
    I don't have a step counter thingy...I shall carry a notebook and tally my steps! Everyone pray I don't awkwardly walk into the street counting, or get thrown into the loony bin.

All jokes aside...today I'm going to put in at least thirty minutes of focused exercise.

STEPPIN' IT UP!

if you have a smartphone there are a bunch of apps that work to track steps too, might not be 100% accurate but the trackers aren't either.

I'd almost rather count myself, I'm just THAT dorky. :D

I'm so anti-phone dependency that the whole app thing would be a waste. There's no way I'm carrying my stupid phone around with me, just to maybe count my steps inaccurately.

Welcome to Dorksville!

(Could you bring an abacus along if smartphones don't have enough D-factor?)
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    RalfLott wrote: »
    I don't have a step counter thingy...I shall carry a notebook and tally my steps! Everyone pray I don't awkwardly walk into the street counting, or get thrown into the loony bin.

All jokes aside...today I'm going to put in at least thirty minutes of focused exercise.

STEPPIN' IT UP!

if you have a smartphone there are a bunch of apps that work to track steps too, might not be 100% accurate but the trackers aren't either.

I'd almost rather count myself, I'm just THAT dorky. :D

I'm so anti-phone dependency that the whole app thing would be a waste. There's no way I'm carrying my stupid phone around with me, just to maybe count my steps inaccurately.

Welcome to Dorksville!

(Could you bring an abacus along if smartphones don't have enough D-factor?)

Lol. I have this weird ocd thing where I always count when I walk but it only goes to 100 and I start back over, an abacus would be a wonderful addition :D
  • macchiatto
    macchiatto Posts: 2,890 Member
    Options
    Ooh, I need this.
    My goal:
    * Get back under 50 carbs/day CONSISTENTLY. I've been so on-again/off-again with this and the scale reflects it. I don't care at this point if I track calories again, but I at least need to track carbs!
    * Exercise at least 5x/wk, at least 2x of which need to be PT/strength. I went through thirty sessions of PT, tapered off in July, but I am losing my hard work b/c I haven't done the exercises consistently enough since getting discharged!
  • kfat1
    Options
    Did 20 secs of my plank challenge, harder than I thought. Had Panda Express for dinner tonight with my hubby, first splurge since July 17, and first day over 15 g carbs. Now I have a headache and a stomach ache. Was not worth it!
  • kfat1
    Options
    @SuperCarLori ....did you do a plank?
  • auntstephie321
    auntstephie321 Posts: 3,586 Member
    Options
    kfat1 wrote: »
    Did 20 secs of my plank challenge, harder than I thought. Had Panda Express for dinner tonight with my hubby, first splurge since July 17, and first day over 15 g carbs. Now I have a headache and a stomach ache. Was not worth it!

I remember when I started them I thought of piece of cake, who knew 20 seconds could be so hard. I think the longest I did was about 3.5 minutes, then I started messing around with side planks and such, bad idea.

Try making chinese at home its pretty easy and your tummy will thank you
  • kfat1
    Options
    3.5 mins......that's pretty good considering the pain I was in for 20 secs.
  • kfat1
    Options
    @auntstephie321 . Are you planking with me? How long did you hold it for today?