Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    'Work hard in silence....." is kind of what Joe has been telling us about OMAD. Don't tell people what you're doing. When I saw it I knew I had to post it. Enjoy your walk!!
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    'Work hard in silence....." is kind of what Joe has been telling us about OMAD. Don't tell people what you're doing. When I saw it I knew I had to post it. Enjoy your walk!!

Hmmmmm...that's an interesting and fabulous perspective--I didn't look at it that way. My husband is always telling me NOT to tell people what I'm doing in this weight loss, but to show them and I still didn't even think of that when looking at this pic/reading the words of wisdom. What I thought about is being humble in life and focusing on keeping a "low profile" sort to speak. I love that you've pointed OMAD in particular though--thanks pal!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thanks for sharing your thoughts because I didn't think of it that way. Thinking of it from your perspective it does inspire you to do good works and stay in the background and get your reward by the result of your efforts. Isn't it amazing that two people can look at something and see it in a totally different way. Love it!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited September 2016
    Options
    7/1/16 - 231.6
    8/18/16 - 223.2 - Began OMAD
    9/24/16 - 207.0

I have lost a total of 24.6 pounds since 7/1/16. 16.2 pounds is from OMAD which I began 5 weeks ago on 8/18.
    I lost 8.40 pounds eating a typical 2-3 meal diet over a 7 week period from 7/1 - 8/18.

If I compare both meal plans over a 5 week period, I lost an average of 3.24 pounds a week on OMAD and I lost 1.20 pounds on a regular 2-3 meal plan.

Clearly OMAD is the winner!!!!

bo81uplk8mcd.jpg
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    911.gif

Linda, YOU.ROCK.PERIOD.

Wow! This is nothing less than absolutely tremendous and I'm just THRILLED for you, your commitment, your faithfulness and again, this is GREAT NEWS boo!!!!! No looking back, let's do this!!!

X47Y0jv.png

P.S. Super Excellent job buddy!!!

th?id=OIP.M4d7c44471544bd7587234e51f79408bcH0
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited September 2016
    Options
    thank you...you made me smile!! :)

I'm happy to have lost 3 pounds this week.

We are doing it!!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    thank you...you made me smile!! :)

I'm happy to have lost 3 pounds this week.

We are doing it!!

Yes ma'am, WOW!!!! I love it! We are doing it and will continue to do it no matter what. NO more excuses, NO more pity parties, NO more I can't, period. Ya know what I had the NERVE to do yesterday?!? I bought a size LARGE coat, now I haven't been able to put my HAND in a size large in YEARS. My daughter said the coat looked really cute on me. Now I can't button that bad boy up yet, at all--BUT, it fit my arms, shoulders, and everything except I couldn't even BEGIN to button it up. It was cold in the mall and I forgot my sweater, so my daughter and the sales person said it looked cute on me, so I bought it for the sleeves and over-all fit, BUT the main reason I bought it was because I said by December, I shall SURELY be able to button it up. I'm using that coat as an advance reward and motivational something or other. So, as you say, "We are doing it" and doing it we are. YAY YOU!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Wow... a size Large. Who cares if you can button it...you got your arms in it and it was in a regular store. December is just around the corner and you'll be able to button it up and smile. Onward and Upward!
  • OMADing1
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Wow... a size Large. Who cares if you can button it...you got your arms in it and it was in a regular store. December is just around the corner and you'll be able to button it up and smile. Onward and Upward!

Girl....I didn't even THINK about it being a "regular" store, as a matter of fact, not only was it a "regular store", but it was in the young woman's/teenagers department!!!! I haven't been able to shop in a regular store (I've been in PLUS sizes for so MANY years now and I would NEVER dare to imagine that I could have even dreamed about "regular" sizes and regular sizes this coat is for sure,,,NOT plus size AT ALL). I haven't been in "regular sizes" in more years than I can even remember--WOW :o THANK YOU SO MUCH for pointing that out, that makes me even MORE thrilled now. You're the BEST, period. <3
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I love this.... 88 pound loss in a few seconds.

4ziskesut0z4.gif
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I love this.... 88 pound loss in a few seconds.

4ziskesut0z4.gif

Wow...what site is that? Talk about inspirational and cool--share, share what site this is! I've never seen anything like this!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Wow! You are doing wonderful!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thanks Bob!
    You're doing great too!!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

I suffered with migranes since I was 5 years old and the last few years I would take a pain pill and down it with a can of coke...my doctor suggested this and it really helped when nothing else worked. My boss would keep my refrigerator stocked with cokes in case I got a headache and would lose my vision.

The problem started when I began craving them all the time, not just when my head hurt.
    Since the beginning of summer I have worked hard to kick the habit and now my cravings have dissapeared. Water and iced tea have become my drink of choice.

Today at work I got a headache and I grabbed a coke and took four sips before I realized that I don't drink cokes anymore. They say old habits die hard and I guess they do. This experience was a good thing and helped me realize how far I've come. I have a ways to go with food choices but every day is a better day.

9lernr84pube.jpg

• SavedByGrace26356
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Sorry OMADing I just saw your post where you wanted the link to the Incredible Shrinking Woman video.

Here you go... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCgpqoy5ATA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCgpqoy5ATA
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I'll email you the link because it won't let me send the site without posting the video.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    This morning when I dressed for work I thought I looked good even though my clothes were too large. As I was passing a department store mirror this evening, I glanced at myself (which I don't normally do) and was shocked to see that I didn't look good at all. My clothes were hanging on me and it made me look like someone other than myself. I wonder why my mirror at home didn't show the same image, or did it and I just didn't see it. I was tickled to see my clothing so big in one way but then sad at the same time that I had such a false image of myself.

I don't know what that really means nor do I think I have to figure it out but it was just a moment in time that I'll never forget.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    This morning when I dressed for work I thought I looked good even though my clothes were too large. As I was passing a department store mirror this evening, I glanced at myself (which I don't normally do) and was shocked to see that I didn't look good at all. My clothes were hanging on me and it made me look like someone other than myself. I wonder why my mirror at home didn't show the same image, or did it and I just didn't see it. I was tickled to see my clothing so big in one way but then sad at the same time that I had such a false image of myself.

I don't know what that really means nor do I think I have to figure it out but it was just a moment in time that I'll never forget.

You are doing so GREAT, this is GREAT news, even if it's shocking news, it's new(s). You're changing, getter better...it's "The Light" that caused you to see yourself in a different perspective. That false image of yourself is simply terrific, because the you that has always been there is coming out/manifesting itself before your eyes--YAY YOU!!!!!

compliment-1-e1380894934226.jpg
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Yay!! I'm glad I'm beginning to figure myself out. Have a great evening!!
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Yay!! I'm glad I'm beginning to figure myself out. Have a great evening!!

Thanks buddy o:) , me too! Isn't is just too wonderful that we're NEVER too old to learn and the only time we truly stop learning is when we're taking a "dirt-nap".