Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Replies

• OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    <3LINDA <3

I just LOVE and APPRECIATE all of these quotes...they are like fresh air and a cold drink of good ole water to/for me. What resounds strongly with me are these:

It's not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives. It's what we do consistently.

People who fail focus on what they will have to go through; people who succeed focus on what it will feel like at the end.

BOOM!!!!!!!! 7135af3e23ec2ed788a4dd21601238e59ad7613c_m.gif

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    Options
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I haven't seen my hair stylist for six weeks. When I walked in the shop tonight she asked me if I was doing something different to my hair. I said no and she kept staring at me with a puzzled expression on her face and then said, 'Oh, my goodness, you have lost a lot of weight and your face is a lot thinner and I thought it was your hair.' She told me I looked younger, which thrilled me to pieces. Her reaction was priceless.

She's been a friend of mine for 15 years + and I told her about OMAD and she's going to check it out since she want to lose a few pounds. She never heard of OMAD and totally agrees that people eat too much food throughout the day. Another believer...now on to my next one.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    I haven't seen my hair stylist for six weeks. When I walked in the shop tonight she asked me if I was doing something different to my hair. I said no and she kept staring at me with a puzzled expression on her face and then said, 'Oh, my goodness, you have lost a lot of weight and your face is a lot thinner and I thought it was your hair.' She told me I looked younger, which thrilled me to pieces. Her reaction was priceless.

She's been a friend of mine for 15 years + and I told her about OMAD and she's going to check it out since she want to lose a few pounds. She never heard of OMAD and totally agrees that people eat too much food throughout the day. Another believer...now on to my next one.

This is the type of "news" that not only encourages the "mess" outta me, but thrills me something terrific for you.
    Way to go you slim youngin you!

BOOM!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Ha Ha....'slim youngin'.....♥
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    The weeks are flying by and I'm happy to report I'm below 200 pounds !!! I've reached my first mini goal and I'm 1/3 of the way to my ultimate goal.

October 22 - 200.2 pounds
    October 29 - 198.0 pounds

I lost 2.2 pounds this week for a total loss of 33.6 pounds.

I'm still loving the program and still have a few hunger pains now and again. I've come to believe that it just goes with the territory.

I still have trouble drinking a vinegar mixture to the point it makes me nauseous. I watched a video by Dr. Eric Berg last night about vinegar. He suggested a small glass of water, 2 teaspoons of Bragg's vinegar, 1 tablespoons of Cranberry juice made from only cranberries and if you want it a little spicy, add some ginger. I believe this is the very same vinegar drink Joe shows us in his video.

The doctor also mentioned a couple things; if you've tried to drink a vinegar mixture and can't seem to tolerate it, it may be that your body may not need it, and if you crave it then your body needs it. I'm not sure how true this is but found it interesting. I'll keep experimenting and see if that's the case.

Have a great weekend!

ts3iwqob5oo2.jpg

• OMADing1
    Options
    BOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You, my dear are truly kicking major butt and taking names and it's truly marvelous to behold. Being under 200lbs is nothing less than utterly tremendous and YOU'VE DONE IT AND DONE IT WITH STYLE, CLASS AND UTTER FAITHFULNESS and I'm so glad for you, words can't describe what a true inspiration and blessing you are. YAY YOU, you 1st class, tough winner you. Again, BOOM!

tumblr_nwjsi8VSQb1qc4uvwo1_500.jpg
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you....it's nice having a buddy to do the program with. Thanks for your inspiration and motivation to help me with this journey. ♥
  • Abm4n
    Abm4n Posts: 529 Member
    Options
    "The weeks are flying by and I'm happy to report I'm below 200 pounds !!! I've reached my first mini goal and I'm 1/3 of the way to my ultimate goal." Hey Linda that's awesome! So happy to hear that you are making good progress. Under 200 lbs Yay!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you Abm4n....((((Hugs))))
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    newmeadow wrote: »
    30+ pounds already? That's really great. I love watching you and the others just plug along with full faith in this. It's so inspiring!

Thank you ♥
  • 1MADGIRL
    1MADGIRL Posts: 838 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Awesome! Awesome!!!!!!!!! Ur under 200lbs yayyyy!!!!!!!!! Very good!!!!!
  • arguablysamson
    arguablysamson Posts: 1,706 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    We need to encourage members to post in something "The Under-[x] Pounds Thread".

So you'd have under-400, under-300, and 200-lb threads. Once you pass or are under each category, you can brag about posting. Meanwhile, the aspirers can still post and express their aim to get there. :smiley:
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Linda, that's fantastic progress. I also like the idea of an "Under.." thread. I know that, for me, getting below 200lb (I had lost 30lb before OMAD) was a big psychological milestone, and I agree it would be similarly motivating to others.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Great idea Joe! I just began a discussion under the '200 lb' thread.
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Beginning Weight ~ 231.6 ~ 7/1/16
    223.2 ~ 8/18/16
    210.0 ~ 9/16/16
    207.0 ~ 9/24/16
    205.0 ~ 10/1/16

Total Loss - 26.6 pounds

Pros:

I lost 2 more pounds this week! I'm wearing clothes that are two sizes smaller and I'm happy that I haven't had to purchase anything yet. Some people at work have asked if I'm losing weight, so it's become noticeable. I just tell them I'm eating healthier and leave it at that.

Cons:

I want to be clear that the con is not from OMAD. My body is sensitive to any type of change. I get migraines when I change jobs, when I relocate, when my week is extremely busy, when I visit someone, when someone is unpleasant to me....anything that causes me stress will bring on a migraine.

I've been getting headaches several times a week over the past few weeks. I've always had either full on migraines or, what my doctor calls, 'silent' migraines which cause me to feel a little dizzy, have vision problems, and have nausea. I'm sure I'll feel better once my body gets adjusted.

Overall, this experience has been life changing. I have been on numerous diet plans and after losing water weight the loss stops. I would write down my meals and take it with me on weigh-in days but could tell they didn't believe I was recording all the food I ate when I didn't lose. Eventually, I would give up in frustration.

That is not the case with OMAD. This way of eating has proven to me over and over again that it's the only way for me to get results and I WILL get to a 'normal' size body. :)

The same thing happened to me when I plateaued. I was meticulous but people on the general boards always want to think that you aren't weighing or recording properly. I would lose and gain the same 4 pounds over and over. Your posts are encouraging.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Hi Deb...Thanks...I try to let people know how the program works for me. It may work different for someone else but there will be results if you stick with it. Are you doing OMAD now? If so, how are you feeling? Any weight loss yet? Start a thread in your name and comment on how you're doing and we all will be there to support you along the way. Love the picture of your cat. ♥
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hi Deb...Thanks...I try to let people know how the program works for me. It may work different for someone else but there will be results if you stick with it. Are you doing OMAD now? If so, how are you feeling? Any weight loss yet? Start a thread in your name and comment on how you're doing and we all will be there to support you along the way. Love the picture of your cat. ♥

I love my cat. He is 1 year old and a sweetheart.

I did OMAD by default when I was 16 years old and lost about 25 pounds in a summer working as a trail guide. I simply had no time to eat until dinnertime with family.

I'm thinking about trying it again but my body has gotten very stubborn and rebellious and works hard to keep me in homeostasis. Which would be great if I were at goal. But I'm not.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    I began eating from 12 to 6 pm and then over several weeks narrowed my eating window until I could eat within a couple hours. Maybe that is something you could try. Make sure you drink a lot of water, tea, or anything without calories. I know you can do it.... :smile:
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    I began eating from 12 to 6 pm and then over several weeks narrowed my eating window until I could eat within a couple hours. Maybe that is something you could try. Make sure you drink a lot of water, tea, or anything without calories. I know you can do it.... :smile:

Just to say i fully endorse Linda's idea. That was how I started out when I first did 16:8 - it instills a discipline, which OMAD than ratchets up to the nth degree! The homeostasis you describe Deb is real; Joe references 'set points' in his videos. However, after having stalled when I was on 16:8, I have discovered OMAD and my weight loss has resumed.

Anyway great to meet you Deb!

Fiona