Linda (SavedByGrace) OMAD

Options

Replies

• SavedByGrace26356
    SavedByGrace26356 Posts: 544 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hello Friends....

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. This week has been very stressful at work and as a result, I haven't slept well all week and ended up getting a migraine today. This is a typical pattern for me so I knew it would happen. Next week everything should be back to normal.

I will be traveling to Las Vegas on Friday to visit my sister for the weekend and will be eating out several times while I'm there. I plan to follow her lead since she weighs about 110 pounds soaking wet.

I'm happy to report 1/2 pound loss. Total weight loss 34.10 pounds. Not as much as I was hoping for but happy I lost something considering mid week I was up 2 pounds.

July 1 - Weight 231.6
    October 29 - Weight 198.0
    November 5 - Weight 197.5

vjx1jxbnhick.png

2o5276csnyf2.jpg

eu3w1q4n97qn.jpg

• mittenswillet
    mittenswillet Posts: 697 Member
    Options
    wow! great loss!!! <3<3
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Well done Linda!
  • DebSozo
    DebSozo Posts: 2,578 Member
    Options
    Fonar7 wrote: »
    I began eating from 12 to 6 pm and then over several weeks narrowed my eating window until I could eat within a couple hours. Maybe that is something you could try. Make sure you drink a lot of water, tea, or anything without calories. I know you can do it.... :smile:

Just to say i fully endorse Linda's idea. That was how I started out when I first did 16:8 - it instills a discipline, which OMAD than ratchets up to the nth degree! The homeostasis you describe Deb is real; Joe references 'set points' in his videos. However, after having stalled when I was on 16:8, I have discovered OMAD and my weight loss has resumed.

Anyway great to meet you Deb!

Fiona

I do get set points. I will lose a couple pounds, my body "catches on" the fact quickly and makes adjustments to "bring me back" to plateau weight. I stay within a 4 or 5 pound grid and have trouble getting under. If I buckle down and lose 4 pounds in a month the whole process is grueling.

I feel like I have to overcompensate plus if I can't force my body to accept the new lower set point it will slow me down in other ways physically. The benefit of set points is that when I was lower weight it was effortless to stay slim and I did not have to count calories. My body would speed up to burn calories and keep weight down.

Now it seems to want me to stay at a higher set point and has set the "thermostat" to that weight. It is frustrating and I am resentful because I do remember the "old days" when weight loss was natural and intuitive.
  • OMADing1
    OMADing1 Posts: 337 Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hello Friends....

I hope everyone is having a great Saturday. This week has been very stressful at work and as a result, I haven't slept well all week and ended up getting a migraine today. This is a typical pattern for me so I knew it would happen. Next week everything should be back to normal.

I will be traveling to Las Vegas on Friday to visit my sister for the weekend and will be eating out several times while I'm there. I plan to follow her lead since she weighs about 110 pounds soaking wet.

I'm happy to report 1/2 pound loss. Total weight loss 34.10 pounds. Not as much as I was hoping for but happy I lost something considering mid week I was up 2 pounds.

July 1 - Weight 231.6

eu3w1q4n97qn.jpg

{{{{{{{{{ Hugs }}}}}}}}}}} Sorry your week has been stressful, and the dreaded sleeplessness and migraines are trying to infest your life >:) Ya know, stress is so wicked, I feel so SURE that at least 85% (or more) of the reason I was totally unable to lose ANY weight for years is that doggone wicked stress (worry+fear+dread+anger+bitterness+things not going "my way"=STRESS in my life big time). I HATE stress and all it's minions with all of my heart, that's why I post soooooo many pics and quotes on stress, worry and mental issues--because when (not IF, but WHEN I "give place" or allow a tiny crack in the doorway of stress (it's ALWAYS lingering around like a "bad smell".)...When I give it even a teeny tiny place in my thoughts BAM! All kinds of sickness (mental or physical) and woe come in my heart and mind AND BODY like a flood. OMAD lifestyle/fasting is a BIG part teaching how to "battle" my thoughts and understand that I no longer have to "entertain" thoughts of dread and woe, not even for a second. Living OMAD/fasting helped opened my eyes to "who/what" stress REALLY is and that I don't have to "allow it" I can destroy it in my mind and heart, simply by no longer being it's slave and obeying it's wishes and no longer seeing STRESS as "mine or coming from me" but again, seeing who/what the author of stress is and NOT going along with it/giving "PLACE" to it for even a second, period. The price to "cast out" stress is high for me though, to kick those thoughts and "feeling" outta my heart and mind. The price is humility for me and that means (for me) having to apologize about a lot of stuff, admit that I'm WRONG (or could be) about a LOT of stuff and/or purposely change the "tune" in my mind and think on these things:

"Finally, brothers, whatever things are true, whatever things are honest, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report; if there is any virtue, and if there is any praise, think on these things." Philippians 4:8

BEFORE Omad...I used to read that and think "hmmmph, that's nice...impossible, impracticable and just too hard to "really" do. But since living this OMAD lifestyle-- o:) BOOM o:) This is how I consistently kick stress and mess in the teeth and butt and then CAST THEM OUT/kick those "tempting thoughts" to the curb, period. Because what's amazing to me is STRESS is a temptation to me, it's only when I give in to the stress temptation that all hell starts to break out in my heart/feelings, mind and life--YUCK! Sorry for the long reply here, but this is soooo working for me and I wanted to share it with you! <3

You are going to have soooooooooo much fun with your sister, don't think anything else. I eat out a LOT on OMAD and you can too, period. You will still be able to lose, have what you want at your specific time (one plate) and don't snack, just use the Joe-ism "I can have it...just not now".

Lastly.....Big ole high-fives on losing a 1/2 pound, that's fabulous girlfriend! The scale---meh, trust me...it's a terrific servant, but terrible master, period.

LOVE ya and your pics, especially the one I left in your quote!
  • SavedByGrace26356
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!

OMADing....I agree with not letting stress get the best of us. I don't have stress in my personal life anymore. I'm in the Bible all the time which gives me contentment and peace. I love Phil 4:8.

Once in a while when I do have stress it is work related and happens when people I depend on are sick or on vacation. I have to pick up the slack even though my job is deadline driven. I personally know the owner and his family (he's retired now) and have discussed this with him several times. He always tells me I'm the dependable one, someone he trusts, and since he doesn't like confrontation, he appreciates me dealing with the work load. He says I can only do what I can do and knows I'll do my best.

So, last week is over and this week will be great. ♥
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Thank you everyone!!

OMADing....I agree with not letting stress get the best of us. I don't have stress in my personal life anymore. I'm in the Bible all the time which gives me contentment and peace. I love Phil 4:8.

Once in a while when I do have stress it is work related and happens when people I depend on are sick or on vacation. I have to pick up the slack even though my job is deadline driven. I personally know the owner and his family (he's retired now) and have discussed this with him several times. He always tells me I'm the dependable one, someone he trusts, and since he doesn't like confrontation, he appreciates me dealing with the work load. He says I can only do what I can do and knows I'll do my best.

So, last week is over and this week will be great. ♥

YAY!!!! So glad this stressful period is ending and more important, that you're not dealing with that monster "STRESS" in your personal life nor on a regular basis too--honey that's what I call blessed and mega WISE--I love it! Everything I write to others, I'm ALWAYS thinking about/talking to myself firstly too :*

Have a GREAT week my friend, I KNOW you will too!

• SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    Thank you...♥
  • DebSozo
    Options
    I began eating from 12 to 6 pm and then over several weeks narrowed my eating window until I could eat within a couple hours. Maybe that is something you could try. Make sure you drink a lot of water, tea, or anything without calories. I know you can do it.... :smile:

Just to say i fully endorse Linda's idea. That was how I started out when I first did 16:8 - it instills a discipline, which OMAD than ratchets up to the nth degree! The homeostasis you describe Deb is real; Joe references 'set points' in his videos. However, after having stalled when I was on 16:8, I have discovered OMAD and my weight loss has resumed.

Anyway great to meet you Deb!

Fiona

Nice to meet you all. I'm enjoying the peace and friendliness on the OMAD threads.

I'm doing 2 meals on 16:8. I suppose I could close the window in increments. Yes.
  • Fonar7
    Fonar7 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    Increments are the way to go Deb. Great to have you with us on this journey!
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    Just got through this from about Oct time frame. Really motivating! Great job SavedByGrace. I've got to get going again also. I've mostly just been doing an 16:8 lately and without exercising, I slowing gain weight even on that (I think I can maintain on that if I can exercise but I need to do more OMAD to lose). I started at 256 and got to 252 without OMAD and then got to 205 with OMAD and am now about 212-213. I'm still way better than where I started from but I would love to get under 200 like you have! Thanks for your example.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    blambo61 wrote: »
    Just got through this from about Oct time frame. Really motivating! Great job SavedByGrace. I've got to get going again also. I've mostly just been doing an 16:8 lately and without exercising, I slowing gain weight even on that (I think I can maintain on that if I can exercise but I need to do more OMAD to lose). I started at 256 and got to 252 without OMAD and then got to 205 with OMAD and am now about 212-213. I'm still way better than where I started from but I would love to get under 200 like you have! Thanks for your example.

You are very close! How long does it take for you to lose 15 pounds? Dropping from 256 down to 212 pounds is significant. Are people noticing the changes in your silouette? Have you bought some new clothes? Enjoy yourself and your accomplishments along the journey to Onederland.
  • DebSozo
    Options
    Increments are the way to go Deb. Great to have you with us on this journey!

{{Thanks}}
  • DebSozo
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Hello Friends....

July 1 - Weight 231.6

vjx1jxbnhick.png

2o5276csnyf2.jpg

eu3w1q4n97qn.jpg

Wow! You are doing great! Congratulations on your OMAD success. Keep looking at the big picture, and your overall trend is down.
  • blambo61
    blambo61 Posts: 4,372 Member
    Options
    DebSozo wrote: »

You are very close! How long does it take for you to lose 15 pounds? Dropping from 256 down to 212 pounds is significant. Are people noticing the changes in your silouette? Have you bought some new clothes? Enjoy yourself and your accomplishments along the journey to Onederland.

I might make it in 3 months if I get after it. I look a lot different and people have noticed. I've tossed a lot of old clothes and lost about 5 inches from the waist. I'ts been good. I want more. Good luck to you, you are making great progress.
  • OMADing1
    Options
    Thinking about ya my friend, and a wishing and a hoping you're having the absolute time of your life!
    6605039c31137f263c4d4f5e2592f3aa.jpg
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Thanks Bob. I know you can get under 200 when you begin feeling better. You are truly an example to all of us.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options

Yes, everyone is noticing now. I can't let the compliments change my determination. Thanks!
  • DebSozo
    Options

Yes, everyone is noticing now. I can't let the compliments change my determination. Thanks!

Lol. But it must feel great, nonetheless.
  • SavedByGrace26356
    Options
    11/19/2016 - Weight 197.5
    11/12/2016 - Weight 197.5

I did not lose this week. I went to Vegas last week and ate out many times so I'm happy I didn't gain. Once I lose to 194 I will be using my new scale which is 5 pounds heavier than my old scale. The reason I'm waiting is because I don't want the new scale to show that I'm over 200 pounds. I'm in Onederland and I don't want to see that number again. It probably seems silly to some but it was a huge hurdle for me to get below 200 pounds. We have to remember that weight loss can become a mind game and I'm not going there as I have done in the past.

I wish everyone a happy and healthy Saturday !!